If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

england to wear poppys

Football Chat here

Moderators: Dodge, me

me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

england to wear poppys

Unread post by me »

England players will be able to wear poppies on their black armbands on Saturday after FIFA agreed a compromise with the Football Association.

The compromise means that FIFA's rules preventing symbols on shirts are still adhered to but will allow the poppies to be displayed.

An FA statement said: "The FA can confirm that FIFA has today agreed that the England team will now be permitted to wear a poppy on the black armbands the players will wear during Saturday's match with Spain.

"While continuing to adhere to the laws of the game, wearing the poppy on the armband does ensure the poppy will be visible throughout the game.

"The FA welcomes FIFA's decision and thanks them for agreeing to this."

The announcement should bring an end to the dispute which led to both Prime Minister David Cameron and Prince William, in his role as president of the FA, writing to FIFA to ask them to reconsider.
Image Image
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

england to wear poppys

Unread post by Arch »

Umm, better than nothing i suppose. Why doesn't the FA stick two fingers up to FIFA and do what they and the vast majority of this country want and sew the Poppy on the shirt ??

Whats the worst that can happen ??
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

england to wear poppys

Unread post by Dodge »

Wear the poppy on the shirt ......

Blatter and FIFA can crappity smack off ! >:( >:(
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

england to wear poppys

Unread post by me »

fifa as/had threatend that if the poppy apears on the shirt the will cancel the game..... I real wanted to see what would of happend when the 2 teams walked out and blatter started running on the pitch screaming cancel the game cancel the game.

A point that the media AS NOT jumped on was that scotland are campaiging exactly the same as England to be able to wear the poppy on their shirts for their game on friday against cyprus.
Image Image
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

england to wear poppys

Unread post by Arch »

Once, just once wouldn't it be good that when some organisation says "You can't do this/that the other" that we flick the Vs and do it anyway. FIFA would never be able to cancle the game, what if England said "Ok we won't wear the poppy", then walk out with it sewn on the shirt anyway.

Now, even i'd go and watch that.
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

england to wear poppys

Unread post by grover »

what if both teams wore the poppys? im sure fifa would'nt dare ban the world champions!
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

england to wear poppys

Unread post by bill yards »

England could come out in Salvation Army uniforms, it still wouldn't help them Image Image Image Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

england to wear poppys

Unread post by Dodge »

I think Blatter and FIFA have won yet again in there ongoing political war versus England (andGB).

Blatter is a corrupt power struck tosser !
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

england to wear poppys

Unread post by grover »

yea but by reaching this sort of comprimise, makes fifa look good!!! its all been planned..
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

england to wear poppys

Unread post by bill yards »

I gather he won't be getting a Christmas card then or coming to your Christmas party? Image Image Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

england to wear poppys

Unread post by joffmiester »

I gather he won't be getting a Christmas card then or coming to your Christmas party?  Image Image Image Image Image Image

too right he won't  Imagecheating and most corrupt person ever to set foot in wembley stadium the world cup was scandalous bent as a ten bob note
come on England Image