If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Looking back on the Marsh AC Season 2011.

Marsh Results and Reports.

Moderator: Spamwham

Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

Well that's another season over for the club, and I have to say that overall I think it's been a pretty successful one. :)

I've just had a look through the weights from the eight official matches and the total weighed in is 7561lbs 10ozs which works out at 51lbs 1oz per angler per match.

If you also factor in the match against Morefax at Hartleylands and our midweek knock-up at Alders Farm the total weight is 11273lbs 2ozs with an average of 61lbs 4ozs.

If you also add the Morfax v Marsh match at Rolfs into the equation The total weight increases to 12274lbs 2ozs while the average drops to 59lbs 1oz per angler.

Whichever figures you look at, they're an excellent set of figures, and just goes to show the quality of fishing we have available to us. Image

Makes you wonder what they would be like if we took it seriously. Image

I'll sit back now and await the slap from TK when he reads this. Image
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Top fishing thats is mate Image
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Mugger »

Thanks Dave. Image

We have to be honest though and say that we're spoilt down here in the South East for decent venues that are capable of throwing up some outstanding weights. :)

However a quick read of TK's Cashmores reports  Image soon stops us becoming complacent. Image Image Image
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Thanks Dave. Image

We have to be honest though and say that we're spoilt down here in the South East for decent venues that are capable of throwing up some outstanding weights. :)

However a quick read of TK's Cashmores reports  Image soon stops us becoming complacent. Image Image Image

Seems to be a lot of consistent big weight fisheries down there mate Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

In our main 8 outings we had 39 weights of between 50 and 100lb plus 20 over the ton. Surprisingly we didnt have any 200 or 300 lb weights as in previous years. But I put that down to the low water levels at Rockells.

Al led the way on weights and in 7 matches weighed a total of 702lb and an averagte of 100.3lb per match. I was close behind with 697lb 12 oz from 8 matches with an average of 87lb.

The total weighed in of 7561lb 10oz was our best ever beating the previous best in 2009 by over 400lb.
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Seems to be a lot of consistent big weight fisheries down there mate

There are still several that we dont use like Framfield and Hawkhurst where 200lb plus weights are usually needed to win. I always wonder what your weights would be like if the fishery owners were to spend the money they make out of selling you overpriced Skrettings pellet on putting some fish in their lakes and spreading the pegs out a bit. Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I'll sit back now and await the slap from TK when he reads this.

Image Gud un Mugger Image

As Dave says
Seems to be a lot of consistent big weight fisheries down there mate

Dont think we've got anything like you've got - even our 'top' commies only tend to throw up the weights you guys consistently get to the venue cracks.......

And of course some of us - not all - are more happy catching a couple lb of gonks Image

But you never know - there's a few supposed 'cock' venues in the fixture list for Cashmores for 2012.........be interesting what the Image throws up

Had to laff the other week - one of our members (no names mentioned) reported that he fished a 'top' Midland venue this season with his other club............

And guess what the fishery (all over) had never fished that difficult ever.......not just the pool they were on

Spose it'll be a Image for us is too Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

I have caught about 3525lb from Rolfs all on my own this year, good fisheries down south :D Image Image Image Image
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Mugger »

How many times have you fished there this year Simps, 40+?
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

I always wonder what your weights would be like if the fishery owners were to spend the money they make out of selling you overpriced Skrettings pellet on putting some fish in their lakes and spreading the pegs out a bit.

Same here round here Dave most top venue's i.e Larford, woodlands, tunnel etc fish terrible on most club matches. But on the opens where they have room to fish the weights are massive.
I have caught about 3525lb from Rolfs all on my own this year, good fisheries down south

Thats about 3 times more than our club has caught all season  Image Image

Mind you 3524kg of your weight was caught at the drawbag :D :D Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Mugger, is 42 times so far Image Image

Dave, Drawbag....I dunno what you mean Image Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Mugger, is 42 times so far

Fair play mate thats some going Image Image Image
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Unread post by keith »

Finally have a chance to comment rather than just read the threads. Image

Well what can be said, I have again thoroughly enjoyed the season and the banter. :P

For me personally, I think that I fished OK and was not too far away from framing in most of the matches which is always my target. I have had a couple of hard sections throughout with the consistancy of competing anglers getting better each year.

The highlights for me were the match at Colemans Cottage where I had fish everywhere in the margins but could not catch them, the same at Nicks Lake against the Morefax Lads. Perhaps I am a sucker for frustration. Image Image

Disappointments: Well none apart from the fact Al has decided to give up the singing, I quite liked it. Image and it would have nice to see Colin even if he just managed to come along to watch.

Congratulations to the top three lads on there performances this year, but don't rest on your laurels as I want my title back Image Image

Hopefully I will still get another chance to fish next year as a member. Dave you need to let me know the details so you can book another cruise and sort out the dates around it. Image
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Mugger »

Nice one Keith. Image

How did it go at Stafford Moor? are we going to be treated to a blog report?
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Unread post by keith »

Peter

I doubt very much that there will be a blog report. I might get round to doing one but to say I fished like a @*(& comes to mind. Although some of the other lads did quite well.

It started off quite well but from then on got worse and worse but that is an experience I will not forget. So next year I will be better prepared.
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Mugger »

Doh :(

Sorry to hear that fella .
One to file away for future reference under 'How not to do it' then. Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Hopefully I will still get another chance to fish next year as a member.

No reason why you wouldnt.

I will be starting another thread to see how many want to do it again next year. I already have 3 or 4 people that would like to join as members so once I know how many we have I can start working on the figures and what venues to try and book.
nomorelongwalks
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: I Came I Saw I Blanked

Unread post by nomorelongwalks »

Just back from Holiday,big thanks to Dave for organising another great Marsh season really enjoyed the laughs with the boys and girls.

Hopefully i will be able to fish all the matchs next year, looking forward to it already  Image
Laugh For God's Sake,The Goverment will Ban It  Soon