If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Bank Walkers

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Bank Walkers

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Do you think it is OK to bank walk or should they be disqualified?
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Bank Walkers

Unread post by Drynet »

I do bank walk sometimes on hard days but would understand completely if some one asked me not to. I don't have a problem with it unless someones being stupid.
Daylewlia
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Personal Text: Roach must live on their own.

Bank Walkers

Unread post by Daylewlia »

I think its ok, i do it when im not catching, go for a walk and a chat and watch others catch. :D
Don't really know what I'm doing or what I'm talking about.
welder
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Bank Walkers

Unread post by welder »

Club matches are just for fun, The big opens and prestige matches are a little different. common sense and curtesy matter here and obviously the rules. But at the end of the day, there always another match next weekend. 8-)
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Bank Walkers

Unread post by Dodge »

Anyone stands behind me i tell them to crappity smack off Image Image .....200 mile round trip, small fortune on bait and pools, then someone stands behind you and ruins your match.....no thanks >:( >:(
diddy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Bank Walkers

Unread post by diddy »

here here well said dodge3 :D :D Image
frank
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Bank Walkers

Unread post by frank »

On cuts yes.

Mind you on some parts of your canal wouldnt be much good towpaths boths sides in some places
welder
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Bank Walkers

Unread post by welder »

Anyone stands behind me i tell them to F**k off

No good sayin that to a Latvian or a Romanian they dont understand the language.
Gem
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Bank Walkers

Unread post by Gem »

I bank walk when in a match and when im not- just how it is  :) good to stretch them legs and chat to others. If im not catching i go walkabout more see how everyone else is doing and get ideas of things i havnt thought of. Image

Not been told to seriously F off whilst bank walking during a club match, if i was gawd help them. If i was asked in a kinder manner then maybe i would think about it.

Fishing is for fun at the end of the day in my eyes no matter how many miles/money is spent doesnt hurt to have a chat on a club match/knock up- i usually crouch down to speak rather than the angler having shadows on the water etc. Image
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Bank Walkers

Unread post by endpeg »

I cant believe how some so-called anglers are so inconsiderate skylining other anglers when they walk the bank. >:( Surely they should know better on a gin clear canal when youve got swims anywhere from 3m to 11m out? Then again, that's probably why they havent caught and are walking the bank!

Bank Walkers

Unread post by 911654 »

Its defenatly a no no in my eyes to many good anglers dont catch dump a loadof bait get up and walk leaving there peg go and annoy someone who is catching proberbly ruin it for that person and go back and catch should be banned
brookie

Bank Walkers

Unread post by brookie »

i hate bank runners plus cyclests who think they own the toepath on a clear cut they are a night mare Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Bank Walkers

Unread post by MrV »

There are bank walkers, and "bank walkers". I learned most of my cut fishing walking the bank on big opens etc, and was never once told to F*** off. Probably because I had the courtesy to keep off the sky line and not disttract the anglers I was watching. Mind you, after a bit of banter with them, I was often asked to come closer to learn a bit more, but then again they were just "ordinary" anglers like Ray Mills, Billy Makin, Kevin Ashurst.  Image
I would never reuse passing on info to anyone who came up carefully, and asked questions. I very rarely walk the bank in a match, as I always believe you should be in your peg when the fish open their mouths  Image
Seems to me todays anglers are not so forthcoming with sharing information as those guys were.  Image
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Bank Walkers

Unread post by endpeg »

The time for a spectator to share information is before or after a match and never during - especially in a team event. People spend their whole week building up to a good match at the weekend so its always a shame to have it spoilt by inconsiderate people. These people are in a minority though and most people who have came up to me tend to stand well back and/or crouch down. There are always a few idiots though who will sit behind you then shout something to the guy on the next peg. Thats usually one of my team mates! :-/ It tends to be team captains that are the worst offenders. Neil Russell used to always stomp around behind me, Mick Hatchard's not always as discrete as I'd like and ive seen Mr Downes knacker a few of his own team members up on matches too!  Image
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Bank Walkers

Unread post by endpeg »

"Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl."
~Ernest Hemingway
LarryTeepot
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Match Team/ Club: Tunnel Barn Farm Vets
Sponsor: Fishermans Friend .... and Mo,s

Bank Walkers

Unread post by LarryTeepot »

any tips for writing to Girls Jon....cus i aint no good at fishing :D
sheriff

Bank Walkers

Unread post by sheriff »

Thanks for the tips jrfa, i was modelling myself on those 3 :D

Good old tipton days!!! Image
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Bank Walkers

Unread post by endpeg »

Yes I miss them too, sheriff:

Neil Image Wayne
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Bank Walkers

Unread post by endpeg »

This normally works Larry:

Roses are blue, violets are red, I'm crap with colours, but wicked in bed!

Image Image Image
LarryTeepot
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Match Team/ Club: Tunnel Barn Farm Vets
Sponsor: Fishermans Friend .... and Mo,s

Bank Walkers

Unread post by LarryTeepot »

gonna try it tonite Jon.....i let you know how i get on Image