If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Gem

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Gem

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Will your Dad and Dai be fishing the Western intersite for MD's?
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Gem

Unread post by Dave C »

Doubt if Dai will fish. He is against the idea of compulsory pools as too many anglers from the other sites just see it as an open rather than a get together for some fun and banter. Slider is insisting on up front payments including pools.

Dai said on MDs

"Sorry Dave but how can it be easier than just taking peg fee's, I have been a very big supporter of the inter site series from the very start traveling a great many miles for the fun and banter that it was created for but I am afraid to say that the decision I made after this years series will stand. whilst there is a compulsory pools I have fished my last inter site."
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Gem

Thats a shame, i can see where he's coming from.
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Gem

Unread post by me »

thats why a lot will not fish the intersites this year (except the southern cause loads just want to fish monks ) as they object to compulsory pools. The md western will struggle to get a a team up unless you and your tow path mates enter. Thhey cant even decide on the rules, youve got Dave saying barbless hooks then you got slider saying you can use barbed, plus cramming as many people on the few decent pegs.
Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Gem

thats why a lot will not fish the intersites this year (except the southern cause loads just want to fish monks ) as they object to compulsory pools. The md western will struggle to get a a team up unless you and your tow path mates enter. Thhey cant even decide on the rules, youve got Dave saying barbless hooks then you got slider saying you can use barbed, plus cramming as many people on the few decent pegs.

Si..no way will i be fishing a canal that has sections pegged 10 paces apart, long walks and £5 a peg.

You might as well fish a commercial.
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Gem

Unread post by me »

thats how a lot of people will think aswell. Every year Ive fished one or two of the intersite rounds but this year i will not be fishing any as the fun and banter atmosphere as gone. Certain sites and people are only interested in winning and nothing else
Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Gem

the lads organising it will only fish if its on there...they never fished at Hillveiw last year!

If they want a intersite match on a canal i'll let them have one free of charge.
welder
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Gem

Unread post by welder »

Sport is for kids, Grownups spoil it ::)
Gem
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Gem

Unread post by Gem »

Hi Lee,

No dad wont be fishing any of the intersites again, if he goes fishing at all this year :o ::)
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Gem

Unread post by me »

ratty, im the posts on mds off the organisers they keep refering to pound 1 pound 2, this pound that pound. Should this be POND or in tow path talk does pound mean something other than £, nicker, quid Image Image Image
Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Gem

To be honest Si it aint about the fishing or the money.

I met Dai last year at Hillveiw and enjoyed his company, We also had to place Dai and Anne close together so one could assist the other (cant remember why) this would not be possible on a venue with lots of pounds and long walks.
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Gem

Unread post by me »

We also had to place Dai and Anne close together so one could assist the other (cant remember why)

because Anne doesn't fish and only stepped in coz mds were short, so needed some one close to hand to help her if she got into difficulties.
Image Image
Gem
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Gem

Unread post by Gem »

Havnt spoken to or seen Dai for a while now- going by the reply on MDs a while ago id guess it was a no. Anne has only been fishing a couple of times thats why they were pegged near eachother, so Dai could help Anne ;)

where is the intersite this year? Havnt took any notice of it to be honest
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Gem

frank
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Gem

Unread post by frank »

Just read it mate. I fished it the last time, its a big fish water.
It is wide like they say.If I went again wouldnt fish the pole would go straight on to lead or feeder, got seen off 5 times on the pole with 4lb rigs no chance.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Gem

Unread post by Simple »

You are making some good reading with this on MD's anyway Lee lol :D
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Gem

Unread post by me »

the reason they fish that section is its sliders and his chums who are sticking up for hims (look at their post counts  ;)) local water and have a guess whos club the section belongs to  Image
Image Image