If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

R. Yare returns to brilliant form

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

Waveney_One

R. Yare returns to brilliant form

Unread post by Waveney_One »

79 anglers were faced with a slow neap tide ebbing for the first half the match and then flooding. Altogether there was a total catch of over 1,775lb and that included at least one DNW, I know, I was that man! I think there were over 40 20lb weights and I was told at least one 30lb+ weight of roach on the pole. It was the bream and skimmers that made the news though on a coloured river with 9 inches of clarity on my colourometer.

In form peg 22 had a brilliant local river angler on it who used to be a regular but hasn't fished for a number of years now, Eddie Hall. He said that for the first half of the match his rod tip was never still with bites and line bites. He had to sit on his hands in true bream fishing style until he knew that a fish had hung itself. There were fish throughout the Beauchamp Arms length though and 30lb wasn't enough to even get a section default in some areas.

1st Eddie Hall, Gt Yarmouth AA, peg 22 with feeder caught bream and skimmers for 51lb 10oz
2nd Tony Anderson, Diawa Angling Direct, peg 107 with a similar catch for 49lb 12oz
3rd Rabbie Abbott, Breakaway Tackle, peg 23 was matching the winner fish for fish until the last part of the match and weighed 44lb 15oz
4th Simon Elliot, not sure of any sponsor or the peg, 44lb 10oz
5th Lol Higgins, Suffolk County, on peg 129 with 42lb 8oz

Sections of 7 or 8 pegs were won as follows:-

Reggie Bryant had a double default to win the section with 31lb 15oz
Brian Weavers 28.14
Dave Jarvis 16.8
Nick ( I have got just over 20lb) Larkin 32.8
Bob Cheeseman 33.10
Mick Mirguax 30.00
Chris Kelly 34.8
C. Kemp 21.10
Andy Moss 32.4