If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

last chance saloon

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

last chance saloon

Unread post by joffmiester »

i had to go to a meeting last night over fishing and access ,well to be fare with a couple of the land owners  :D :D these people live on a different planet and think there fee's are low for what the anglers get  ::) ::)
at this point of the night it was going nowhere very quickly  :-? :-? :-? like i said the whole point of the meeting was to get more access to the pegs
after about 4 pints i asked the question for the amount of money we give as a club would it be possible to driver down some of the fields and park near to the river.we would lock the gates and make sure no one  would take the yellow stream .
well you would of thought I'd asked for the world  Image ImageJesus i needed a calculator to workout how much extra they wanted  Image Imageput it this way would you pay £950 pound for 20 to 25 pegs a year  bearing in mind we dint really fish it before august and never after Christmas  Image Image Imagethey just don't live in the real world
which bring me into part 2
a few anglers came into the pub so after this fruitless meeting i stood with these lads chatting about the river and how its fishing do i still run the matches and whats the turn out like and so on and so on
we then got onto the winter league these lads used to fish it but don't now because of the walking they admit carrying too much kit but just can't stand the styles and taking there gear off and on ,and i can see there point
then out of the blue one suggested that he'd heard that it was being changed to bring in more teams  Image I'd heard about some ideas but that's it Image Image
ya one said five sections on the river and five sections on the canal  Image Image it would cut down the moaning boys that don't like the river full stop cut down the amount  of traveling and you would never have to call one off plus you'd get a couple of new teams in the league  :-/ :-/ :-/ i agree and thought about it after on the way home
what do you lot think as we have a fantastic winter river and a great winter canal well at least before January and would  it generate new teams  Image Image

as like most winter league ours might be down to 5 teams this year and i know a few teams would come back if the walks were shorter
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

last chance saloon

Unread post by Arch »

Well it is called the Soar Valley winter league. I wish they would have done this years ago, i might have fished it a bit more. One other thing, the canal matches could be run with B/J rather than without, like you have to fish the canal now if a river match gets cancelled and moved onto the canal. Pitty theres no lake to fish either.

Edit: Just re-read your post. Why not have Canal matches and River matches, rather than combined ones.

Just a thought.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

last chance saloon

Unread post by joffmiester »

time yet again is moving towards the winter leagues and yet again we have had no meetings about it Image
hear bob's not bothered about running it so it will turn out to be a last minute league again
i just can't understand why as the fishing on both venues is brilliant 5 sections on the canal and 5 on the river sounds a great idea to me Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

last chance saloon

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Oh the silence !!!!! Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image