If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Russian or polish.....just like Marmite.

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

With most sewage works now being chemically cleaned English joker seems to be getting harder to get hold of unless you know the right people.

With last week being new year most of the joker imported into the UK was Russian, on the towpath i heard a few discussions taking place and the views were like talking about Marmite!

You either love it or you hate it!

Polish joker

Pro's
Polish joker is much more active and visually attractive to fish. It will work quickly and should get bites going faster than Russian joker.

The bait is very active and should be more recognisable and acceptable to the fish.

Con's
Polish joker can be too attractive, especially to smaller fish. Too much small fish activity can put better quality fish off. Many top English anglers think this is the key weakness in using this joker. Being so lively it comes off the feed very quickly and is available easily to these smaller fish. By the time the bigger fish move in on the feed there is not a lot left to hold them.
Being so active polish joker can be quickly dispersed in a strong flow. This is especially true where there is a lot of boat movement on water and feed is being washed in different directions. In these circumstances polish joker can make it hard to concentrate your feed in one area.

Russian joker

Pro's
Russian joker is often better at sorting out bigger fish as it will stay put for a long time making sure that there will still be plenty of feed around should better stamp fish move over the feed later in a session.

Russian joker will not move far from the feed area as easily as Polish because it moves less .

con's
Choosing Russian joker is a ‘gamblers’ fishing choice. You use it to try and select better fish and make a difference possibly later on in a fishing session. If the better fish don't show, Russian joker is less active and less good at pulling in smaller fish.

From a personal point of view i like to have a bit of both to mix it 50/50..

However if i had to choose to use just one it would have to be polish.
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by endpeg »

I use Mr Sheen if i cant get hold of Polish joker Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Interesting topic Chockie Munster Image

But why the references to 'French' above Image- viz

French joker is much more active

Russian joker will not move far from the feed area as easily as French because

Was you watching Hello Hello when you penned this :D or is Simple Simons censor software playing up :P
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

I nicked the pro's and con's for each off another site site.

I changed French for polish......just not all!