If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

in the blood

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

in the blood

Unread post by grover »

sumone mentioned earlier that a lot of carp anglers have taken too barbel fishing..well it got me thinking as a speci m8 of mine suggested we go hunt sum barbel as one of my clubs has a half decent river..i said no ta..give me sum roach gudgeon and skimmers any day of the week,he was gobsmacked!! i just aint interested in barbel..ive had a few over the years but it dont float my boat..as i was once a match angler, but been carping for the last 20 yrs,what im trying to say here is,once match angling is in your blood it stays there,and you will always go back.
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

in the blood

Unread post by Drynet »

Barbel am fantastic fish to catch Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

in the blood

Unread post by Simple »

I have only ever caught a barbel in a lake and it was about a pound :-/ :D
Lee Woodhouse knows some good places on the river seven and helped a few blokes catch their first barbel.
mburgess
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Budgie

in the blood

Unread post by mburgess »

i used to fish the river seven regular. some good noted areas and pegs to.

Johnny brights ford / wrens nest / harris pegs / the rock  and stump pegs at quatford, Knowle Sands christmas tree sections and many more.the best tho was the whitehouse at the Dannery Image Image Image

and if you want to catch a load of barbel to 5lb get yourself off to cudmore on the match pools 5-6 6meters with meat Image Image
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

in the blood

Unread post by grover »

like i said not for me...i love trotting the float or pole for the silver stuff.down here in herts good barbel rivers dont really exist.