If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Cashmores Match 2 2011 - here rub a dub dubs

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Before the off on this one I did tell Sprucey I was gunna be strapped for time in knocking up a report and might only post the results………but I’ve got 5 mins, so here’s a brief resume of how things went on Curse Match 2. ;)

The venue was the Staffs Worcs at Awbridge - a place I hadn’t fished for probably a decade or more - and since then, things had supposedly changed big time. You needed rub a dub dubs supposedly to be in with a chance.

So that was me done for………with a dickie back,  Image my main plan of attack, plan A, was going to be fish the two meter whip………..and only now and then have a peak on the pole. Image

Arriving at the venue with new travelling companion for the day, ta MGB  Image,  it looked like quite a few, if not most, were already milling around the farm yard, whilst Cheslynboy did a sterling job as a parking attendant  :D, making sure everyone was parked up ‘tidily’.

Goughy and Dead Peg were pegging out - cheers guys - and returned to advise that they’d put 8 in above the lock and 9 - 25 below.

Walking wounded pegs were designated as 6-8 and 9-10. Having taken a bit of flack last match, Image  I thought I’d better give them a miss this time and chance my arm, secretly wanting 1 - 8, not that I knew owt about the cut/pegs, :-/  just that they would be the ‘shortest’ walks.  :D

KOD and Roberto conducted the draw. I’d clocked a few pegs in the 20s had gone, there were qquite a few low nos still in the bag, so chanced my arm and pulled out…………..

23  Image

Off I trotted. Thankfully a few pegs down, Dead Peg on Golden Peg 11 obviously took pity on me as I passed him and loaned me his motorised trolley for the rest of the journey.  Image  I was at peg 23 in double quick time…………..must remember to put my trainers on next time I borrow it. Image

Now last year I’d mentioned that there were a couple of anglers that you didn’t want to draw next to on cut matches  Image ………………. and what did I find on reaching 23? I was again flanked either side by Big Baz and MrV.  :o What chance had I got of ‘pinching’ their fish off them today if they made a 'mistake' to help build a decent weight? :'(  No chance………. Image  and this despite Big Baz appearing to be feign ignorance of the venue when he asked me ‘What canal is this?’ as we set up. Image

Because of the ‘walk’ - or jog in my case thanks to Dead pegs trolley  Image - the off was delayed 15 mins to allow those around me time to set up. That could possibly have been avoided with a slightly earlier draw, if we’d known all non attendees for the day, rather than hanging around for them on the off chance they would turn up……….. Image

Anyway, the off - a bit of gb on that short whip line, an egg cupped in at half way up the shelf and again on the shelf. Two other areas at 10 and 2 were going to be fertled with mag and caster but not touched until much later in the match.  Image

Feeding done, first look on my feet. Nowt. Image  Not surprising really as I’d watched that gb on it’s way down……..the cut really needed a bit of colour. Well that wouldn’t be a problem soon as the first of an expected procession of boats came through…………. Image

But only they didn’t - think we only had 3 all day. Image  Couldn’t say the same about the no of joggers, bikers and walkers there was though. Given that section of cut is a bit out in the sticks, I couldn’t believe how many people were on that towpath……….which only seemed to fuel the two moaning minnies I’d got either side of me.  Image  Gotta take that MP3 with me next time  ;)

In fact, Big Baz only stopped moaning and chuntering when legendary ‘resident cut crack’ Paul T popped along for a chat or two with us and informed Baz he was on a flyer.

As for my match, well I was pleased that MrV was only picking up gobies and small roach on the punch as I hadn’t got any.

I started picking up predominantly gobies on my ‘roach rig’ - could have speeded things up if I’d have replaced it with a more ‘positive’ rig - but I constantly expected some roach to show after Abuman’s trip down there a few days earlier.

Plan A went well out of the window and I ended up having to ‘pole it’ for a bite. Image

2 hours and 5mins in I had fish no 100  Image…………………only problem was many were 50/60 to the lb, with just the odd better ounce sample fish.  :'(

MrV had been seen off a couple of times on his lighter rig, but was generally having a bit of a grueller, whilst going into the last 20 mins I’d got my nose in front of Big Baz by some 20 odd fish, although he’d had a 10oz bonus chub, but things had slowed up a touch and it was necessary to kick start swims on more than one occasion throughout the day.

In search of a bonus fish I even chanced getting smashed on a 0.08 rig...........but it didnt happen

But it all seemed to ‘happen’ in that final 20 mins for others. :o  First MrV hit and netted a ‘proper un’ that looked like it was going 2lb. Had that wiped me out?  Image

Five minutes later, Big Baz to my left latched into one - again it looked like a couple of lb’er, Image  although after the scales he said it went about 1lb10oz. Irrespective really, whatever it was I knew he’d ‘done me’ with that bonus fish. Image

To compound matters, with 10 mins to go, MrV latched into another……………. Image Imagethere I was, surely blown out of the water in that last 15 mins. :'(  His two rub a dubs, with his bits and pieces must have battered me. I was owning up to 5lb odd with my final total of 197 fish………..all but one ‘long poled’ as plan A had only thrown up one gobie on another look on that line after about 4 hours of ‘nurturing’ it. Image

Earlier tales of odd chub had drifted down the towpath, Image  so the tale of the scales (received this morning from KOD - ta  Image) makes interesting reading.............. with a bit of a pattern emerging on who did what from where. Well done all on making the most from your draws.

Blues4eva and Dead Peg did the honours with dial scales, rather than the ‘beams’ (hence no drams you will note)

ABOVE LOCK
1 YAMO 11.10.0
4 KOD 10.12.0
5 M STANAWAY 5.1.0
6 HARRY THE HITMAN DNW 1.8.0
7 BRAMBLES 2.5.0
8 BLUES4EVA 4.2.0
BELOW LOCK
9 PHIL BROADSTOCK 5.2.0
10 TERRY TURNIP 1.9.0
11 DEAD PEG 2.2.0
12 ABUMAN 1.13.0
13 ROBERTO D 1.6.0
14 GRAND MASTER FRANCE 0.13.0
15 COTTI 3.0.0
16 GOUGHY DNW
17 SPRUCEY 2.12.0
18 THE ASSASSIN 5.12.0
20 CHESLYNBOY 4.4.0
22 MR V 4.11.0
23 TK 5.12.0
24 BIG BAZ 7.8.0
25 MGB 4.4.0

What else can I report  Image

KOD had rub a dub and roach on the punch.
The Assassin, who coincidentally weighed the same as me, only had four fish compared to my 197.
Cheslynboy had (at least) a chub plus a roach reportedly going 1lb plus.
Phil B also found rub a dub below the lock, as did Blues4eva above it

And that’s about all I know………….so over to you for your takes on the day, plus Sprucey for a picture or two, although I know he chewed DeadPegs ear off a bit  Image cuss he missed the first few weighs down on those high numbers.      
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Cracking report TK, look forward to the pictures Image Image

Nice bit of pleasure fishing Yamo :D Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Great read Tony Image Nice one Yamo Image
DEAD PEG
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by DEAD PEG »

Good write up on the day Tk.Had some good banter with punters going past on the towpath Image refer to Sprucey chewing my ear off,its still hurts now Image He slapped mine and Bluesforevas legs aswell Image We are deeply sorry for the mistake we made Mr Sruce,it will never happen again i promise you.Hope you forgive us Image
harry911
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by harry911 »

now then whats all this then i dnw i beg to bloody differ i did wheigh in
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Ooops Harry ............looks like a bit of a boo boo

What did you weigh Image - just checked the result sheet and deffo no weight recorded against you Image
harry911
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

sure is a boo boo
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Can you remember ? I'll get KOD to include it in the 'official' results
harry911
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

yes it was 1lb 8oz i know it was not a lot but it all counts
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

OK Harry - I'll get KOD to include it in the official results  Image

Also adjusted results posted above ;)
Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Unread post by Blues »

Harry Did weigh Tk.... I blame dead peg he was on the board Image

He may not have caught much but is command of the English
language to one of the passing cyclist was superb Image
DEAD PEG
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Blues4eva you little grassa Image Image.Sorry about that Harry,i remember your weight,i must have had a blonde moment,You know what i mean Harry Image Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Sprucey chewing my ear off,its still hurts now He slapped mine and Bluesforevas legs aswell

Blues4eva you little grassa  Image Image.Sorry about that Harry,i remember your weight,i must have had a blonde moment,You know what i mean Harry    Image Image Image Image

That's another slapped leg coming up Image
harry911
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

thats ok any one can make a mistake
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Great report as usual TK  Image
It was a strange match for me in a few ways, but hilarious at times  Image
As you said, only small roach and gobies on the punch line, and hardly anything on the squatt line. Never had a bit all day on the caster, which I fed constantly on one line hoping for a chub or three. Out of the half dozen bites I had on the squatt, 2 of them were from "bruiser chub" and no chance on 2's laccy and 24s to 12oz line  :(
Started to feed a line with maggot 13 mtrs down to my right and thats where I had my chub from. 4 bites, 2 landed. 1 hook pulled and the other got me into the roots  Image
Big Baz was winding you up all match, and I must say, you did keep your cool most of the time.
Now the hilarious bits..................... Big baz should be nicknamed "Mr Smooth" after his comments to the ladies passing by. One I remember was "if it wasn't for lovely ladies like you walking by, I wouldn't enjoy myself so much".  :-*
The dog walkers who came by and Big Baz saying " I have a Jack Russell at home". Suddenly their dog launched itself straight into the middle of the cut in front of him  :D He then proceeded to blame you.  Image Well done Yamo and the rest of you on the pleasure pegs above the lock Image
Great venue, great craic, and thoroughly enjoyable. Cheers fellas  Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Now the hilarious bits..................... Big baz should be nicknamed "Mr Smooth" after his comments to the ladies passing by. One I remember was "if it wasn't for lovely ladies like you walking by, I wouldn't enjoy myself so much"

Image MrV...........I deliberately didnt mention what a smooth operator Big Baz is - he's certainly still got the patter :-* :-* :-* ............cus I knew his missus looks in on here Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Errr................................

it's turned 10pm on the following Wednesday Image

Where's Sprucey's pictures and quips Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Cmon Sprucey - stop sulking - I've slapped Dead Peg's and Blues4eva's legs...........

Now get them pictures up :D
DEAD PEG
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Tk Blues4eva was on the net he chucked the fish back Image. Anyway let me tell you what happened,when Blues4eva chucked the fish back,Sprucey came along,saw the fish had gone.Next we heard this splash,turned round and saw a pap and a teddy floating in the cut,then Sprucey put his camera away Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Yep I thought it was Blues4eva's fault as well  Image Image Image

Next we heard this splash,turned round and saw a pap and a teddy floating in the cut,then Sprucey put his camera away

Now we'll never see the pictures.........  Image

unless Sprucey thinks I've slapped your legs again  Image