If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Baden Hall, Canal Pools.

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Baden Hall, Canal Pools.

Unread post by Conna »

And the winner Is Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baden Hall, Canal Pools.

Unread post by TK »

The drawing spirits returned then today Conna :D

Seriously I look forward on a blow by blow account on how you took the canal apart - 48lb Image - take me all season to do that

But I certainly didn't pity you guys while I sat in the pub this afternoon watching it lash down Image
Carpfan

Baden Hall, Canal Pools.

Unread post by Carpfan »

I have fished the first canal and its a load of crap. There was only 4 of you on the first canal Image
Why didn't you all fish the [highlight]BETTER[/highlight] second canal.
Good luck on the donut pool, least it will be a level playing field Image Image
Not to take anything away from you Conna, Well done on winning. ;)

Baden Hall, Canal Pools.

Unread post by Guest »

i agree with carpfan the one canal is very awful and the other one is much better. last time there me and barbara couldnt get our nets out of carp and it was raining that day simplesimon. what i also remember was that arsehole in the whitevan who asked me and barabara to stop selling sandwiches as it was affecting his trade, barbara replied

' who gives u the rite to speak to me and hoddy like that and punched the guy on the end of the nose sparking him out' needless to say we were not bothered by him again but i have heard that since me and barbara have split up he has been going down there again selling food. Mite have to pay him a little visit.
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Baden Hall, Canal Pools.

Unread post by Conna »

Sorry about the brief note last night but I had a splitting headache and couldn't think straight enough to put a report together so here it is now.

To be honest I fished it completely wrong, I started off by feeding at 14.5m with micro pellet and corn, feeding down the middle with micro's Corn and Paste and to my right with micro's and meat. I was on peg 13 by the way on the 2nd canal. I started down the middle and started getting bites straight away but missing most of them but after 20 mins and about 6 small carp around 8 to 10 oz apiece I noticed my bro landing a couple of the same size carp from under his feet and as the rain started to fall I decided to try my inside line early. I'm glad I did coz I had bites regularly all the rest of the match missing loads of them too and pulling out of approx 20lbs of fish during the 4.5 hours. My rig for the inside line was totally wrong for the job as I did little preperation for this match, I used a poly ball at 4ft deep with 1 No 10 down size 14 Maver Eagle hook to 3.1 Stroft, the wind was blowing my poly ball along and in so doing was moving the bait with it. I feel I would have improved my weight if I had set a 0.5g rig up but who knows the wind may have helped for all I know. I never tried the far side line as I could see what was being caught on most pegs and I knew I was doing ok so I decided to be idle and carry on doing what I was doing.

I have just finished cleaning all my gear and got it back to it's former glory, please lord don't let it rain on Sundays no more.

Yes TK, I'm hoping my spirit guides are back, Image I asked them for help and it seemed to work and actually feel them around me for the first time in ages. I shall not be asking them to leave me again in a hurry that's for sure.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Baden Hall, Canal Pools.

Unread post by Simple »

Why didn't you all fish the [highlight]BETTER[/highlight] second canal.

Someone told us to put 8 pegs on the first canal Image Image

Size 14 maver eagle Image Image Thats a chunky hook, the fish must have been jumping on it hehe Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baden Hall, Canal Pools.

Unread post by TK »

Ta for the write up Conna - interesting Image

But a tut tut for not taking 2 mins out to set up another (that 0.5g) rig - would have been interesting to learn whther the additional stability of a o.5 rig would have improved bite/strike rate or whether the moving pollyball dragging the bait about did actually entice the more bites Image

I've been talking to my spirits this week too in anticipation of Sats draw........got a feeling in my water already Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baden Hall, Canal Pools.

Unread post by Simple »

I've been talking to my spirits this week too in anticipation of Sats draw........got a feeling in my water already  Image

That's just a case of too much beer Image
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Baden Hall, Canal Pools.

Unread post by Conna »

Well as I said I could see most people and I knew I was catching more than most so as it was peeing down and miserable I just couldn't be a***d to set one up. Normally I would have had some rigs already tied up but I have been so busy recently I haven't had time (poor excuse I know). I will be fully equipped though for the next match on the Doughnut pool. I just hope I draw a corner peg ::)
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baden Hall, Canal Pools.

Unread post by Simple »

I just hope I draw a corner peg   ::)

LOL I was going to put something like that in my original writeup Image
Tinky

Baden Hall, Canal Pools.

Unread post by Tinky »

i drew peg 24 witch is a good peg on bottom canal Image i started at about 11mts on meat alt between red and plain meat feeding a little hemp :D i caught small carp straight away both commons and mirrors Image but i found that i was missing a lot of bites :-X so i moved to the inside on my top two and caught straight away Image i just wish i had not spent nearly 2 hours over. i ended up 5th with 37ib happy but could and should have done better. but i beat simple again lol Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baden Hall, Canal Pools.

Unread post by Simple »

Yeah you sure did. Thats every match this year so far  :'( :'( (well every Yale Match)
Your luck can't last out much longer though can it  Image :D
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baden Hall, Canal Pools.

Unread post by Simple »

The top 4 for the day were....

J Conway 49lb 09oz
M Douglas 42lb 03oz
N Dutton 40lb 10oz
G Conway 38lb 09oz