If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Best 21st present ever!

Anyone can chat about anything non fishing related...
Geoff_E
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Best 21st present ever!

Unread post by Geoff_E »

On the 28 th of February my youngest son (my helper on matches) will be 21 and will be marking the joyous occasion by spending it in the Queen Elisabeth hospital in Birmingham recovering from a life changing kidney transplant, his mom will be at home recovering from the removal of said donated kidney. We have to go and see the surgeon on Tuesday to go over the full details of all it entails and confirm the date and all being well by 1900 on the 21st of Feb it will have happened.

Best 21st present ever!

Unread post by Guest »

Good on her, and best of luck to both of them
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Best 21st present ever!

Unread post by Simple »

Hope everything goes well Geoff. Keep us informed .Image
dobbo
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Best 21st present ever!

Unread post by dobbo »

I have a friend who inderwent such op many years (25) and still enjoying life to the full. U wouldnt know unless you had been told. So my very best wishes and a very speedy recovery to them both. Dobbo - Marsh AC
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Best 21st present ever!

Unread post by TK »

What a great 21st birthday present Image

I'm sure everything will go swimmingly well with the op - best wishes for the family Geoff Image
harry911
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Best 21st present ever!

Unread post by harry911 »

just to wish you and your family all the very best
frank
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Best 21st present ever!

Unread post by frank »

all the best mate hope it goes well what a 21st pressie
Waveney_One

Best 21st present ever!

Unread post by Waveney_One »

Best wishes to them both
Geoff_E
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Best 21st present ever!

Unread post by Geoff_E »

Thanks guys Image
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Best 21st present ever!

Unread post by me »

i wish your son and wife both the very best wishes mate. I can't speak of what your son wil go through but i can personaly speak of what your wife will go through as i had a kidney out last Jan (2010). Altho it was taken out for a totally different reason the op and after care are very similar . I was out of hospital after 6 days and had to take it careful for a while but was back at work on building sites after 3 months.

I hope you don't mind me asking but some time ago i was told that when some one as a transplant they don't take the old kidney out , but attach the new one to the old one. Is this true or was i told wrong ?
Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Best 21st present ever!

Unread post by joffmiester »

GREAT NEWS AND A 21ST TO REMEMBER Image Image Image Image
Geoff_E
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Best 21st present ever!

Unread post by Geoff_E »

I hope you don't mind me asking but some time ago i was told that when some one as a transplant they don't take the old kidney out , but attach the new one to the old one. Is this true or was i told wrong ?

You right they leave the old kidneys where they are and place the transplated one in the lower abdomen. His moms been told she'll be off work for a minimum of six weeks.
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Best 21st present ever!

Unread post by MrV »

Best wishes to the Mrs and your lad Geoff Image Keep us informed how it all goes mate, and i agree, probably the best Birthday present he will ever have and the most precious one your wife will ever give Image
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Best 21st present ever!

Unread post by me »

You right they leave the old kidneys where they are and place the transplated one in the lower abdomen. His moms been told she'll be off work for a minimum of six weeks.

thanks for answering my question. I was mistaken as well to how long i was off work. I had my op Jan5th and went back to work 1st mar. The 3mth i got mistaken was a check up i had to have. All i can suggest is to make sure she takes things very easy.
Image Image
Geoff_E
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Best 21st present ever!

Unread post by Geoff_E »

UPDATE.

My ex and son spoke to the surgeon today and they will be admitted to hospital on the 13th of Feb and the ops take place on the 14th (my ex's birthday) today they had ECG's, blood tests and chest x-rays they now need a few more tests over the next 7-10 days and then just wait for the big day.