If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Anybody...........

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anybody...........

Unread post by TK »

smashed the ice today?

Seen quite a few cancelled matches (on the commies)
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Anybody...........

Unread post by Dodge »

Bill Yards Shropshire Canals W/Lge went ahead today @ soudley Image Image Image

Minus 12 temps at the draw and 2 ins of ice to break ..... proper men ! ;) Image Image Image

It fished remarkably well considering the arctic temps ;) Image Im sure Bill will put the results up tomorrow evening TK ;) Image

Up the Scousers ! Image Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Anybody...........

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Yes mate,got two ripped up fingers to proof it ! My peg at Partridge had ice 2 inches thick ! Took 1 and a half hours to break it ,fished for same time, never had a bite, peg kept freezing up ! had a chat with some of the lads then drove 80 miles back ! Not enough on it for a kammy match (40 odd), what a day !!!!!!!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Anybody...........

Unread post by joffmiester »

had a crap weekend for different reasons sick as a parrot its know gone on from last Tuesday doctors Thursday and still feel sh#t bacterial infection they say Image Imageyou name it it hurts at the minute :-[ :-[i'm a big lad but this has really got hold of me Image Image

i'm wondering if i picked it up from the last visit to the river as it was like a mud bath Image Image
i can't see me fishing this weekend either unless i feel better :-/ :-/ :-/
still i managed to get two footie games yesterday Image Image

and what a cup draw for LEICESTER CITY its only MANCHESTER CITY Image Imagebring it on DODGEY BOY Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Anybody...........

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Its the first time i've ever had my joker freeze on my bait table.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Anybody...........

i wonder if bills bread froze Image Image Image Image
mrrbpoole

Anybody...........

Unread post by mrrbpoole »

Have to watch out for the old weils disease Joff did you mention to the doctor that youd been playing in a mucky river? :P :-[
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Anybody...........

Unread post by bill yards »

Get well soon Joff.

It must be Woman's wetter ajis as you know I've felt like a bag of sh!t tied up nasty for the last few days.

Me bread mix did freeze on Sat and Sun but not till the end.
Shawbury, near Soudley, where the temperature readings come from, recorded -13.2 on Saturday night, the coldest ever recording in any November night. Soudley fished brilliant when you take that on board. Image
chavey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Anybody...........

Unread post by chavey »

I fished a practice match on the K and A canal at Devizes on sunday and one of the guys in my team found a great way of smashing the ice really quickly? First throw with the ice breaker he lost his footing and followed it in!!! Head first, right under, and re surfaced about 5M out, it took 3 people to drag him out. Needless to say he didn't fish, and he had a very soggy 1hr drive home, Oh and it fished fairly well with 9lb of roach winning it.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anybody...........

Unread post by TK »

Chavey - on a serious note it just shows the dangers and the 'importance' of not fishing 'alone' at this time of year - never used to think about popping up the cut on my jack jones in previous years.

But dont think I would now as I know from first hand experience when I took a 'debut' headlong dip in our cut last Nov..........TBH dunno whether I'd have had the strength to get out unassisted (inside of a bend/deeper water with a couple of foot of mud/silt)

When you are fully clothed and saturated that gear weighs a ton.........it took a couple of our guys to get me out and there was always the danger that I could have pulled them in too
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Anybody...........

Unread post by bill yards »

Even when walking TK. Had a mammoth walk yesterday, on the way back my trolley collapsed trying to get through a hedge gap. Straps twanged, on belted me in the back, I went wobbly cheeks over tit on the floor. No damage done to me but two of my trays went flying and have lost more kit than I first thought. Must be getting too crappity smack old Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Steve-Knowles

Anybody...........

Unread post by Steve-Knowles »

Choppy, where did you draw on partridge on sunday?
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Anybody...........

Unread post by lloydy »

Danny ash told me there was ice on the wye today
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Anybody...........

Still flat out today never felt like this before in my life bob I did menion it to doctor because of how I felt at one point it could of gone the 999 way just Hoping I'm getting over it .- can't see the gear coming out this week either bill thanks for the letter I will pass the money on I'll have to put Ivans match earlier next year the response hasn,t been great
Waveney_One

Anybody...........

Unread post by Waveney_One »

Fished both days last weekend and broke ice Saturday but didn't have to Sunday on another lake on the same complex, Suffolk Water Park. Only 2/3rds of it was frozen. Saturday I was 4th with 7lb 12oz of caster roach, Sunday I had a level 2lb and managed 2nd =.

Went base over apex getting down to my peg Sunday and set the car alarms off in the car park down the road :D :D

To be honest it knocked the wind out of me and as I lay there feeling a right idiot I wasn't looking forward to trying to get up. In the end it seems as though apart from a bruised shoulder and a damaged ego, I and my tackle were OK!

I am glad that I got out last weekend as if the forecasters of doom are correct it may be a few weeks until we get out again. Going to go and get a sash window weight from the reclamation yard tomorrow if they have one for an ice breaker.

Joff mate, I hope that you get better asap.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Anybody...........

done half a day today mate feel ok Imagecould be coming out of it  Image Image

i think we might cancel the ivans match i don't feel like getting my kit out and the interest is not brilliant at warrants more than a 20 pegger :-/