If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Dropping worst two results.

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Our club does this on agg/pairs. one thing they do which im not sure about that if you miss a match they count it as one of your worst results i.e 0. Is this correct way of doing it.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

We dont drop any in our club - if you miss it, you miss it and lose out on any points. But if we did introduce the rule, I'd have expected a no show to count as a 'worst result' and be dropped (we havent done a 'pairs' for years)

Do you think otherwise Dave?
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Not sure Tk to be honest reason i asked is in our club I'm 11 points clear going into next weeks last match. With my worst two 6th & 8th i drop 23 points the chap in 2nd drop's 11 & 0 for the no show. This means Ive now got to finish 2 points clear of him which seems unfair after fishing every match.
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Also i'd of thought if you aint fished it aint a result Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

this is summat my club are thinkin off doin next year,and i agree with you it is unfair if you dont show how can it be a result ?
the fella who suggested it had 2 no shows and would of wanted both of them dropping,got told to do one :D

it may be brought in but only those matches that you actually fish/weigh in could be dropped Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Does seem unfair mate.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Spose the counter augument could be 'I was on holiday so couldnt have fished it - besides it was on venue X and I'd have fancied framing, scoring megga points and I'd have been top of the table' - that's on the presumption you score more points for winning than coming last!
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

that's on the presumption you score more points for winning than coming last!
Yes mate you do. I aint got a problem with it if thats the way it should be done. Was hoping someone else new about it.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

As stated before, we dont drop any results, so no shows just impact upon the individual who misses a match.

In fact it's been suggested in the past at our AGMs that we adopt the drop one/two worst results for the aggregate 'club champ' trophy because it was felt that realisticly only one or two would fish all matches due to other commitments - hols etc - and those that missed a match or two couldnt really 'compete'.

In my particular case, I missed two out of our 15 matches last year due to hols, if we'd got the rule in I'd have been expecting to drop my two zero point 'no shows', rather than matches I'd scored points in........
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Fair point Tk Image
snowie

Unread post by snowie »

we dont drop any points from our matches but my take on it is how can you drop points if you havent earned them by not turning up,also in our club our matches have been announced already so if you book a holiday and it clashes with a match you already know you are gonna miss it before you join therefore you should be prepared not to score towards your league points.
Waveney_One

Unread post by Waveney_One »

When I regularly fished club matches and the club league you got one point for winning and then down to 10 for being 10th or 20 for being 20th or lower. There were anything up to 35 of us fishing and if you were a DNW or didn't fish then you got 25 points. You had to drop your 4 worst points over the season.

The guy with the lowest number of points was the league winner.

Last time I fished a clubbie, (about 2 years ago) there were 8 of us! Even the Fur & Feather that used to attract 100+ had only 22 last year.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

As a match organiser (for another month anyway) I could never see the point of running matches that don't count Image Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Image Image Imagetoo right