If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

winter league final

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

winter league final

Unread post by joffmiester »

reading the A/T yesterday page 3,5 or 7 there's an article about the ANGLING TIMES WINTER LEAGUE FINAL and again some anglers hell bent on up setting the organisiers saying the the venue is not upto much ??? madness!! bearing in mind the weekend before it fished its head off
it won't take long before theses anglers ruin match fishing for good
one question
the nene fished its head off two days running brilliant but how many teams stayed and fished the sections monday tuesday and wednesday which was the last day you could fish it
NO natural venue would stand that sort of pressure
so how can it be the fault of the organisiers
its simply going to far in my eyes yet again

win at all cost perhaps the cost will be too much before long

starlets
dorking
shakespeare
barnsley

chavey fished the final whats his thoughts
danny what are your thoughts
end peg Imagewhere are you
dan_ashington

winter league final

Unread post by dan_ashington »

I did not fish the final myself as i stepped down due to not justifying a place in the team and thought other lads in the squad deserved a place ahead of me but did run the bank and covered 3 sections of the river up at railworld.
Joff, I personally think the nene is a great venue for the final, not just for the fishing but the location to have the tackle show. Only thing that was wrong was you could actually practice up the friday which may explain why the venue fished harder or was it that some cold water had come in the river as I did hear a few anglers say that the fish they caught felt cold. Next year the venue should be closed on the sunday before the final itself.
Joff the only people that want the venue changed are the teams that are based around commercial anglers and are new teams to the final. They are playing catch up with the teams like starlets, barnsley, shakey etc that have been around for many years and spent a lot of time and effort establishing themselves over the years on all types of venues so lets have a bit of respect for them when they do well instaed of saying 'if it was on a commercial we would batter them'. The better teams will always adapt to the fishing quicker and get it right whether it be on a commercial or natural venue.
The teams fishing the final are some of the best in the country it aint going to be easy. Image
It is down to some anglers stuck in there own little comfort zones and then just expect to rock up and win because they think it is easy.
I am sorry but these big finals are a different kettle of fish.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

winter league final

Unread post by Dodge »

Well said dan Image
Irkthepurists

winter league final

Unread post by Irkthepurists »

Concur with Dan, the Nene is a fantastic venue and a true test of team angling.....

Having done ok in practice the previous week on the embankment I got a late slot in the Ted Carter Preston team for the big day.... Fantastically run match, really enjoyed the occasion although a draw on the old river saw me undone for angling experience finishing a tantilizing 1/2 oz behind Chavey for a last in section placing.... Unperturbed by the result, the team (which finishsd a creditable 10th) just want to go back again and again....

The venue was fantastic and as Dan alluded to, was undone to a certain extent by the opening of the venue until the Friiday for fishing and the cold rain and weather that preceded the event.

Ken did a fantastic job with the match and took an awful lot of stick from the commie teams (you know who you are)..... If they had put as much effort into their angling techniques on the Nene as they did into their orchestrated campaign to find a Commie venue for the final next year they may not have come back with such a poor result...

I wouldn't have put up with it TBH, the arrogance of these people is something to behold....

diddy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

winter league final

Unread post by diddy »

every year people moan coz they've had a bad draw or have'nt bin able to match the better anglers in their sections. I personally love the nene to bits. Its a awesome venue and the fish dnt just give themselves up. If,as dan said move the final to a commercial the better teams wud get it sorted. Look wot used to happen in the superleague finals. Ken and his wife do a fab job, clearing pegs,admin stuff etc even b4 they do the draw. Wot eva happens it MUST STAY on a natural venue. Imho. Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

winter league final

spot on comments Imagethese commercial leagues know where the final is every year before they start there winter leagues and we have the same problem when semis are on natural venues NEVER the other way around natural teams never kick up as long as i'm around i hope it never moves off the nene some of these commercial leagues only have 4 or five teams in it

perhaps one idea would to be a two day final commercial on the saturday and the nene on sunday would that shut them up at least they would go into the second day i little happier :-/ :-/ :-/
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

winter league final

dan it will be interesting to see what happens at evesham as practicing is from monday right up to the match saturday and sunday