If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Cashmores Match 11 2010 - Scuttled at Cuttle

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Does the title give it all away  Image

Bit late with this posting of the results - been a bit ‘strapped for time’ to put pen to paper as DaveC will probably appreciate……… ;)

If I’d have posted earlier I’d have probably kicked off in grumpy old man mode  Image having a moan about the CBA clan. Image

This was a venue that I knew a few ‘fancied’  Image and I had several guest requests, but believing the 25 paid for pegs accounted for I actually turned one guest away…………….. :(

Only to find on the morning that we had a disappointing turnout of 16 members and just the 4 guests I thought I could accommodate  Image

See Gill (one of our forum ‘visitors’) - sorry to disappoint you - just goes to show I don’t have a pop all the time in my write ups :D

Anyway back to the venue. I’d tried to book Cuttle Mill for the club a few years ago, only to learn that at that time it was pleasure only, no matches.  Image However a year or so ago  I put my name down for a forum match there which ultimately didn’t get off the ground. The fishery was now available for clubs………. Image

Goldenballs had whet mine, and other’s appetite I dare say, with tales over the last few months of ‘You’ll love it. Forget the carp, go for the silvers. You’ll do 50 to 60lb. They are all stampers.  ::) Can you stick me down for it if there’s a spare peg?’

This was also reinforced by other reports I’d had of dog roach running up to the occasional 2 to 3lber. Image

So it was a caster and chop approach for me, rightly or wrongly, with a kilo of corn and some ‘get out of jail’ mags as back up………………….just in case  Image

With it just being a 25 min ride to the venue I’d managed to talk Heinzer into letting me have a lie in  :D and not pick me up to 8am.

Arriving at the venue, nets dipped I had a sneak look at the pool as KOD and MrV had already ‘sorted’ the pegging.  Image

Looked nice, very nice.  Image A few fish were showing too………so decent lackie stretchers plus silvers topping.’ Lets get that draw done’ I thought to myself.

I found myself on permanent peg 9. Nice looking peg, with feature brambles to my left, a bush to my right and an island at about 30 yards.

I was expecting 4-5 foot, but on plumbing found about 2 ft 6 ins all over the peg - it was flat as a pancake.  :o

5 rigs were set up to cover a variety of eventualities, plus an insert wag on the rod which I hoped wouldn’t be called in to action, but set up just in case my pole lines ‘died’ on me.

‘Don’t take any mag - there’s thousands of gudgeon in there - you’ll get bit out’ I’d been reliably informed. Image

Well first put in, whilst feeding caster on a couple of lines, I slipped a mag on and guess what…………yep, a gobie within 5 seconds.   :D  ‘Pucka info’ I thought to myself.

On with the caster nowt. Image  On with the caster on the longer line. Nowt!!!  Image

MrV to my right snaffled a couple of early netter roach on the chop. A quick swap I picked a couple up too   Image ……….but mine were ouncers. Image

To be honest there’s not a lot left to report…………..the 5 hours slipped by as we all appeared to struggled for bites.  Image

In fact Sprucey two pegs away was walking half way through - think he was dry till the last hour  :o when he blew me and MrV away and had some roach up in the water.

And just where were those thousands of gobies?  Image I only saw the one  - couldnt even get out of jail on themImage

A couple of half hour looks on the wag produced quite a few bites which I couldn’t hit…………..till I found out they were micro 1.5 inch silvers - and often, using barbless, they came off half way across their 30 yard journey from the sanctuary of the island to my waiting paws. Image

Forgot just how quick that Diaflash rod of mine is at picking up the line on the strike  Image ……….roll on The Trent in a fortnight  Image

Whilst a few bits and pieces came off the hook, :'( to make matters worse, MrV snared a bonus breme on the feeder tight to the island with half hour to go.

Oh and just a thought. The conditions - grey and cloudy for most of the day - with a few spots of threatening rain on a few occasions.  Well it was on our side of the pool, but KOD must have thought he was in Barcelona or elsewhere  Image as he sat on the opposite bank shirtless,  :o obviously keen to top up his tan.

The all out - what an anti climax it had been. Reckoned I’d got about 2lb - a poor weight off our cut!!!

Then to make matters worse, MrV, who’d blown me away with that breme, reminded me that it was the semi final of the knock out.  Image Over the last couple of seasons I’d fallen at the semi stage each year missing the match due to hols. This was my ‘big chance’ this year - actually fishing the semi  Image……….but I must surely have bombed out big style today,  :'( with MrV being a semi finalist and Juan Chub also in attendance. ‘Ah well……there’s always next year’ I thought to myself.

As we packed away, tales filtered of some that had struggled,  Image  but a few had found a few……….

Here’s the tale of the scales

PEG
1 GEOFF E DNW
2 HARRY THE HITMAN 0.7.0
4 JUAN CHUB 1.0.0
5 ZORRO 7.0.0
6 GOLDEN BALLS 10.0.0
7 SPRUCEY 4.10.0
8 MR V 4.2.0
9 TK 2.12.0
10 HEINZER 1.8.0
12 HAHA 8.8.0
13 RICH C 12.3.0
14 MILLIE 7.8.0
19 GEOFF C 9.4.0
20 MGB 2.13.0
21 PHIL B 0.12.0
22 KOD 16.0.0
23 TINCA TED DNW
24 THE WEDGE DNW
25 BRAMBLES 1.2.0
26 TOMMY COOPER DNW

So that’s KOD the winner committed to coming to the presentation night next year  :D - mind he always does  Image

As we loaded up the cars I was surprised  :o considering how we had got on, that 5 members came up to me and asked me to book it again  :o :o ………..when I ‘challenged’ their requests, they turned out to be ‘sincere’ with a genuine desire to return.

Well you can make that 6……………..cuss I’ve certainly got a ghost to exorcise there too after Saturday - and as you know, I’m always up for a grueller  Image  Image

So you never know, Cuttle Mill could be on the cards again next year  Image

Now over to Sprucey babe for some pictures cuss Joffies probably having withdrawal symptoms waiting this long for em  :P  ;)
Martin_Evans

Unread post by Martin_Evans »

Nice write up TK.
I found it really tough going. Didn't fancy my peg from the off. No island in front of me and nothing along the margin. I was lucky to snare the single fish that I did manage to net with only 45mins to go. Otherwise it would have been a dry net  :-[
I had half pint of mags with me 'just in case' but couldn't even get a nibble on one of those to a size 22!
What made it worse is that I knew it was the knockout, but I suppose I have pushed my luck enough this season!  :-/
Roll on the Trent, I'm due a result!!  ;)
Geoff_E
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Geoff_E »

Roll on the Trent I'm due a weigh in  :'(
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Woo hoooo, well done KoD Image Image Image Image

Great reading as usual TK Image Image
Sprucey

Unread post by Sprucey »

tk

having only just put the phone down to the samaritan's and taking there advice not to mention the place again

i am only posting pic's,you will have to put your own one liner's in

i've joined the cba club ok  Image

and there off

well done kapitano

is there anything or one there

that's all folk's     Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Oooops................

and there was me thinking that bare tanned bronzed adonis on the opposite side was KOD  :-[

Looks..............

like a trip to specksavers   Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Ps Sprucey  Image

you only qualify for temporary membership of the CBA clan........

You just couldnt resist the odd quip could you  :D

'And they are off'  Image

Tell you what - I've got a prize for the best caption amongst that - I can dream a few up  Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Nice piccies Sprucey Image Image

Looks like a nice place.
Were Harry and KOD sharing sarnies :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Glad you reminded me about sarnies Simps.........

We've got to go back..........

I had the best ever bacon on toast bought to my peg that I've ever had at a fishery Image

Piping hot, must have had half a dozen rashers on it and only cost £1.70 Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

Well it was on our side of the pool, but KOD must have thought he was in Barcelona or elsewhere   as he sat on the opposite bank shirtless,   obviously keen to top up his tan.
THINK IT'S TIME FOR SPECSAVERS TK :D :D
Were Harry and KOD sharing sarnies
THOUGHT SWEARING WAS BANNED ON THE FORUM :D :D

AND YES THE SARNIE WAS THAT GOOD Image Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

WHOOPS, LOOKS LIKE I'D BETTER JOIN YOU.
JUST READ THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SECOND POST :-[
Nice piccies Sprucey   
YES LOOKS LIKE I'LL HAVE TO REMEMBER HE'S GOT THE NEW ZOOM LENSE, CAN'T HAVE SARNIE IN PIECE NOW :D