If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse Match 8 - Wyrley Essington

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

Secured some transport late yesterday and booked in with TK to guest on the Wyrley & Essington for match 8 today.

Then it started.  :D How to fish it ?

In 47 minds, I had bait galore. Even the square sausage.

Decided to tie some hooks gone midnight and got to bed gone one. Didn’t sleep well.

Opened one eye wide, very wide .... straining my eyebrow into an upturned U … while the other remained firmly shut.

Tormented by the need to stay awake (I’d hit the stop not snooze) and the desire to sink deep back into slumber… I eventually got out, feeling like I’d a hangover  ….but hadn’t had a drop.

Sank some cereal, made some tea, I was off.

Still in 37 minds, I detoured to the tackle shop to plug a chink in the bait list with a few big reds an’ whites, Baulked at the worms.. (Should have rummaged the compost).

Or …. Why don’t I just keep it simple ? A can of corn would do just as well.

Arriving just in the nick of time to pay my dues, it was genuinely good to see people again.

Plumbed and fed all the lines, rotated rigs everywhere and after snatching a trio of small rudd, dropped off some blades and was reduced to waiting for a lump … on beastie gear.

Hope was in short supply. Persistence even less. I went through the motions, making sure I was doing everything ok, but without a twitch. Thinking… I’ve been here before.

I tipped a grain of sweetcorn with a red pinkie, I did. Yes, I  really I did…..
Bought it back in with the pinkie gone …and a 4mm expander hooked with the corn !

Explain that one please. 

Deciding this was much more interesting, I checked the baits of both competitors either side, travelling down with the expander in hand.

Logically I knew they were too far away for any involvement but I couldn’t just sit there.

Chap to my left was suspected, but ruled him out due to a slight colour difference in his expanders. KOD on my right just thought I was barmy.

Decided it must be a bream, with a gob full of bait from somewhere …that must have mouthed my bait ….and I plugged on. What planet etc   lol.

Nothing showed. Packed up with and hour to go, shown the way buy the gent to my left who packed up with an hour and a half to go.

Retired to Pelsall Co-op for my usual after match Tuna Cob. Normally reduced by the time I go home, being early, I braced myself to pay full whack, only to find they are no longer stocked.

Torn between the ham/ cheese/ pickle  and the chicken tikka, I was all a fluster.

Nothing stays the same, ‘cept for the confusion  ;) :D

PS enjoyed returning to help out with the weigh in.

(HOW many tench did he have again ?)
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

blimey bit quiet on here or are they still fishin Image
HOW many tench did he have again

bit of a tease here Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

blimey bit quiet on here or are they still fishin  Image
HOW many tench did he have again 

bit of a tease here  Image

Tease over OBI - here's the results Image

Cheers for that ‘insight’ into your day Mark V

As for your question
(HOW many tench did he have again ?)

Aint got a clue……….now that’s given the game away at the outset that it obviously wasn’t me. :P

Despite my plea on Friday night for an extra lie in on Saturday morning, Heinzer wasn’t having non of it and picked me up a few minutes before 8……..some 20 mins before I’d have thought of departing for this one. :o

In fact when we arrived our early presence, well mine really, attracted a few quips from KOD and FK………. :P

On the way to the match with Heinzer, knowing that we were basically going to peg approx 12 either side of Wood Lane, I went ‘on record’ and told him that I fancied drawing at either side of the concrete ‘D’ along the Common. It’s a renowned pleasure area that coughs up some big weights - just ask Cotti Image - but doesn’t always produce in matches. The reason being why I fancied giving it a go? ……….I’d never fished either in a match or pleasure session, those few pegs.

Heinzer did the pegging out whilst I attended a call of nature :o and Sprucey made the trip back home because we’d convinced him there was a chance of showers and he’d forget his waterproofs Image

A bit of a depleted turnout out……..we’d a few sick notes already handed in, but the CBA list also contained a few names, ::) resulting in a few spare pegs as the consensus of opinion was to leave ‘em in.

Short walk draw pegs were done for FK, Brambles, Phil B and Tommy ‘the magician’ Cooper and then the others dipped in.

With nearly all drawn I looked down at my book and 5 pegs were left in……..now I didn’t exactly know where heinzer had pegged what, but there were four pegs ‘up’ the Common left, plus two down the lower end of Wood Lane. Guess what I drew………well no need to guess really…………peg 3 stuck to my sweaty palm, whilst 19, 21, 23 and end peg 24 were left without an angler on ‘em. Image

Off I trotted………..on arrival to my right I’d drawn next to MrV again………..this is becoming a regular thing this season. Image

To my left in the distance on end peg 1 was HaHa…………

Now HaHa was gunna be a real threat today as it was the same peg that Hotlips had destroyed the field on our last match on the canal with 25lb of tincas………..and HaHa likes a tug or two

The off and two punch lines are fed, some of that chop worm (and caster) that Heinzer had talked me into buying for the Forum match, along with a longer line over with squatt with a few caster.

The first 15 mins saw a couple of indications on the short punch line, but they weren’t having it. :'( Well not in my peg anyway, cuss MrV, electing to fish the inside punch line on the whip save waving the pole over their heads was seen off second put in. :o

I could also see Sprucey having a few bits whilst I was still dry. Image

A look on the longer punch line and a bite almost straight away and a small roach meant I’d avoided the dreaded ‘dry un’. Image

Next put in and a rudd this time on the drop. ‘Hum…………let’s slip a maggot on’ I think to myself and I start to pick a few more small rudd up.

‘Let’s have a gander on the chop now’…………..but nowt - not even a stripey as my float rests motionless against the lily pads Image

After 5 or 10 mins I drop back on that longer ‘punch line’ and continue to pick up odd small rudd. Image

I’m just about to feed to see whether I can speed up things as bites are tailing off a bit and this comes round the corner……..

And wipes out most of our ‘long’ lines going over the far shelf despite please to move into the track……….. :'(

Well that’s all of the photo show over this week Joffie - that’s all I took……………good job you saw that bit of the canal last week so you can ‘imagine’ the rest. :D And our resident snapper ‘Sprucey’ was obviously all over the shop as well as forgetting his waterproofs he’d left his memory card at home………….so gowd knows what he’s going to follow this report up with……. Image

Halfway through…….or it might have been past half through, Ball it In Baker pops to pay us a visit. Nice guy Ball It In is, Image yep he’s a character that we desperately need back in the club……….now just why did he call it a day and leave us :-X Image…………….but he’s also got a serious side to him when I’ve had a chat or two with him on a couple of occasions this year. Image

He advises that a few tincas have put in an appearance along the common, to three anglers…….Geoff, Juan and Yamo’Well that’s blown me away’ I think to myself.

Worse still, its the knockout today and I'm fighting for my life to get anywhere near some of those catches Image

It’s slow, might have my nose in front of MrV, as I hear the splash of a large fish in the distance to my left…………..Ha Ha is taking his time playing one………….’that’s also wiped me out’ as I look again in a few minutes. Image

An enquiry to HaHa on how he is getting on a short while later is greeted with ‘Loads of tench’ Image

Well just what have I got to do to hook a tinca down there at the moment Image Despite topping up my chop line, I never had a sniff off it………..not even a kinver tiger. Image

Talking of kinver tigers with ½ hour to go I hook a better sample from across from another line, uptill now I’d only had 1 to 2 oz fish………..this billy is going 6 oz plus………….then he snags me on an inside pad and he’s off. ‘Wander if that will cost me………….'nah’ I think to myself…..’that wont make a difference to the frame with those tincas that have put in an appearance’.

Well you can be wrong cant you as that stripey cost me a few quid in a brown envelope as I later learnt. Image

The all out and gear packed up I trots to MrV.

‘How you done?’ I ask. ‘Got out of jail with 2 billies, one a lb plus in the last hour on the chop’

‘Aghhhhhhhhh……….he’s done me’ I think to myself - ‘can’t live with that’ Image

MrV also confides that he’s also been seen off another twice………this time on ‘proper gear’ :o

Sprucey also tootles up…………..cussing that one of his floats thats 20 odd years old has given up the ghost on a kinver, plus that he’s been seen off twice as well. Image

It takes what seems an age for the scales to arrive, curteousy of our guest the chief scribe MarkV and KOD.
I watch as Sprucey then Mrv weigh in with just drams separating them and think to myself they’ve both done me :'( ………………along with HaHa on end peg 1 :'(…………..I’m probably gunna be lowest weight in this ‘section’ of cut today Image

Anyway onto the true tale of the scales…………. Image

PEG

1 HAHA 0.6.7
3 T K 3.8.11
4 MR V 2.7.13
5 SPRUCEY 2.7.0
6 ZORRO 1.8.0
7 GLYN
DNW
8 MARK V DNW
9 KOD 1.3.14
10 BRAMBLES 0.4.4
11 TOMMY COOPER DNW
WOOD LANE BRIDGE
12 PHIL B 1.3.0
13 F K 0.12.15 (Retired & went home)
14 HEINZER 1.9.4
15 VESTE 0.14.15
16 YAMO 3.12.10
17 COTTI 1.9.2
18 BIG BAZ Did not fish
20 GEOFF C 18.1.13
22 JUAN CHUB 5.15.15

Since heard on the grapevine Image rumours that there were a few moans ::) that we fished the ‘wrong’ section of the canal……. but for our ‘readers’ I would add that the section was suggested by a member on our last match, and the concensus agreed with it.........

Mind looking at the result I certainly don’t think Geoff or Juan Chub probably moaned or really had owt to moan at………….Geoff has had a couple of wins on the Common over the last couple of seasons, and Juan Chub is obviously chasing Hotlips record on there, having now fished two and framed in two. ;)

Never said it was easy down there, you can sack up, other times they don’t seem to want a peck, but they are in there………….. dont forget a fair few of our matches on the canal have seen you needing double figures to win.......
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Image Imageis that the same canal as last week TK youmust of sat on gem's peg Image Image
you sound a bit down mate just remember its a sport TK you should enjoy every minute like you i did have my camera with me but with one thing and another i didn't get it out now i regret not doing so
so i must try harder next week as it it normally bring a laugh or two Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

is that the same canal as last week TK youmust of sat on gem's peg

Yes Joffie - if I wasnt on Gems peg, dare say I wasnt far away. But didnt have a tug off any 'stampers'

Didnt intend to sound down - despite the absence of any bonus fish I enjoyed myself Joffie Image - plenty of bites, plenty of fish, but I did have to 'scrat around' for em........other than just sitting it out for a beastie or two I felt I fished pretty tidy........afterall MrV and Sprucey aint exactly mugs when it comes to the cuts

All in all a pleasant day down the cut Image
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

All in all a pleasant day down the cut  Image

That's exactly what it should be all about TK. Image
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Unread post by Obi »

but I did have to 'scrat around' for em.

proper fishin m8...makes you think just a bit more. Image

had to do the same on our match sunday...3 or 4 people havin a few carp around the pool...but non in my peg managed to put together just over 3lb of 2-3 oz skimmers and got myself tidy points 6th overall (i think)

so it just goes to show ...never giv up Image
Martin_Evans

Unread post by Martin_Evans »

I enjoyed the match- always do on the cuts no matter what  :)

I don't have anything against the commercials and it does make a nice change to fish them, but for me, it's a different brand of fishing. I'm not saying that it's worse, but I'd pick a cut over a commercial most of the time.
With these river matches coming up, you might see me sliding down the league. I can count on one hand the number of times I have fished a river  :( I'd better learn fast!
Geoff_E
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Geoff_E »

I

I can count on one hand the number of times I have fished a river  :( I'd better learn fast!

Better get the Harry DVD's out  Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I can count on one hand the number of times I have fished a river I'd better learn fast!

Who you trying to kid Juan Chub ;)

You certainly aint got a bad record with us.............fished one, won one Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

you sound a bit down mate 

Joffie if you aint seen it elsewhere - reasons to be cheerful part 3.......... Image :D

The 'qtr finals' were fished on this match

Going through were

JUAN CHUB  5.15.15
YAMO 3.12.10
TK 3.8.11
MR V 2.7.13

Biting the dust were

VESTE   0.14.15
HAHA    0.6.7
BIG BAZ - drew but didnt bother fishing
RICH C  - absent

Mind to be honest I must be the 66/1 outsider in the semis at Cuttle Mill.............I'm crap on the commercials  :'(

Mind come to think about it..............

I'm crap anywhere these days  :'( :'( :'(
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Just thought about it...........

Spoke to HaHa tonight - apparently he didnt hook a beastie after all..........told him I could have swore he did - must have been some wildlife in between us that caused the 'splash' and I must have been mistaken when it looked like he was gingerly playing a decent fish :-[
Geoff_E
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Geoff_E »

I can back Martin up on this, as we never had a car when he was younger due to my Epilepsy so all our fishing was done on the cut or down the Arbo.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

whats cuttle mill like TK is it all out carp or does it have loads of silvers as well
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I understand that it used to be a 'big carp water' but they were moved to the speci pool. Whilst some obviously escaped the nets and still reside in the pool I hear rumours that there are some dog roach to be had Joffie Image but tbh it's a first visit to the fishery for the club.........and me in particular.

Dare say the water will see a few Cashmores visitors before we get there in Aug though Image

Mind there's every chance I might miss the semi due to holidays - I've been knocked out in the semis the last couple of seasons due to hols/other commitments Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Great reports everyone Image Image
Did Mr Spruce get his camera out ?
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Def good roach fishing at Cuttle Mill, I am sure they have had them topping 3 lbs there. Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Joffie if you aint seen it elsewhere - reasons to be cheerful part 3..........

The 'qtr finals' were fished on this match

Going through were

JUAN CHUB5.15.15
YAMO 3.12.10
TK 3.8.11
MR V 2.7.13

Cant believe it!!! Its the worst club season I have had for years, results wise, and I have squeezed in to the last four :D

Great report TK, but you forgot to include the moaning you did lol. Me and Sprucey both said after you were becoming a right old whinger Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Its the worst club season I have had for years, results wise

You've been well and truly Image Image

That'll teach you to draw by me - at least three times this season I can think of Image
you forgot to include the moaning you did lol. Me and Sprucey both said after you were becoming a right old whinger

Dunno what you mean MrV Image

-
You’re making me out to sound like one of those Grumpy Old Men off the TV……….

I’m sure you and Sprucey never heard me moan about………

That Heinzer had made me get up early Image
That I wanted to be on the Common instead of Wood Lane Image
The long walk to my peg Image
The fact that I never had a bite on the choppy that Heinzer made me waste my dosh on Image
That they didn’t want the punch Image
That I never had a bite on a caster Image
The boat that wiped a long line out Image
The wind that blew in every direction Image
The perch that snagged me up Image
That I trashed two rigs up Image
That I had to tie another hook on Image
That I never had a tug off a tinca whilst you both did Image
That I thought that HaHa had done me to my left Image
That I thought you two had done me to my right Image
That I thought that I was going out of the knock out Image
That I was last but one to weigh in Image

Me moan? Never…………. :P
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

You’re making me out to sound like one of those Grumpy Old Men off the TV……….

No more BDM.....new name GOM Image