If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Marsh Interoffice match. 22nd May 2010

Marsh Results and Reports.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

Well that was a hard day. With it being very hot and the carp starting to have ideas of spawning, bites were hard to come by for most. Maggot proved to be one of the best baits to keep a few fish coming for some.

Team result

London A  51 points
Norwich    43 points
London B  41 points

Individuals

Kim Barnett   68 lb
Tony Roberts 55 lb 8 oz
Dave Collier    45lb

Surprisingly the top 3 places were exactly the same as last year and each of us was only a couple of pegs away from where we drew last year.

As this was also treated as a Marsh AC Club match the results excluding the Norwich guys  were

And the current points table

Thanks to everyone for making it an enjoyable day as always and especially to Jean for taking the weights and all those that helped at the weigh in. Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Well done Dave. You did well considering how hot it was. I know you find it hard in the heat  Image

Well done Tony and Kim too Image Image
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

Come on folks, hasn't anyone got any comments on this match?  :(
I know that Keith has done his blog on the day HERE but flat batteries in the camera meant no pictures. >:(

The strange thing is that Roger, Terry, John(tutu), Clive and Tony have all logged on today, but not a single comment between them. :(
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

no pictures Image Image Image still i've been there flat batteries Image Image Image
well done dave still a good match in fact all matches are good Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

:-? :-? :-?did you mug one or two Image Image Image
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

My performances are usually so abysmal  Image that they're not usually worth mentioning, fifth match this year and first time I've managed over 20lb.
It was certainly very difficult especially watching a certain Mr Collier a couple of pegs away catching all day  :o.
Peg 36 was my home for the day - a nice short walk and on arriving both margins looked pretty good although they were only 12 inches deep and even at 7 or 8 metres there was only about 18 inches. To cut a long story short the carp obviously had other things on their minds and after sunbathing fishing for 4 hours all I had to show was one carp of about 2lb and a few small bits  Image. With about an hour to go John passed by on his way to get some maggots from the shop and I knew Dave was using them as well so as a last throw of the dice I decided to get off my backside and get some myself only to discover that all that was left was about half a pint of week old maggots.
During the course of the day I'd seen several bow waves as carp had spooked out of my left margin so decided to concentrate there and fed my sparse supply a few at a time, after about five minutes the float disappeared and I was attached to one very angry carp which turned out to be a ghostie of about 4lb, in the last half hour I had another five or six carp which eventually brought my tally to 22lb which turned out not to be too bad on the day. Well done to Kim on his win and to Tony and Dave for their good weights.
(Note to self) next time at Coleman's - TAKE SOME MAGGOTS
john_holdsworth
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by john_holdsworth »

Thanks Dave for arranging this match, it was nice and sunny just the day for shorts & sunbathing. Fishing wasn't that good on peg 6 or on my side of the lake (see zack, colin bill & jims results) but I did manage 3 big lumps for 22lb and some silvers for 1.8lb and finished 4th in the section. should have been 4 lumps but one took off, mind you i did catch a little ducking, you should have seen it's mother she was just going to attack me then she change her mind, I wonder why?
looking forward to the next match at mill barn, I been told in some places it's 30feet deep, that should be interesting Image
john_holdsworth
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by john_holdsworth »

Forgot: Note to myself take a carving knife