If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 2...a fish at last!!!

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Well, after a blanker of a start on the Anker, it was nice to catch a few yesterday  Image
On arrival at the draw at 8-15, there were already a dozen or so at the car park. I walked the length (twice) with Chocki monster and pegged out. We used the whole length and gave everyone 20 odd yards apiece. This meant anyone drawing higher than 20 could park at the boatyard end and have a shorter walk. Trouble was, most of them had already loaded up trollies and barrows at the "low end". We both fancied peg 30 or 23,24 or 25, as there were fish topping as we pegged out  :D
Chockie was allowed to draw first, and guess what....peg 30 stuck to his mitt  :D I went in and drew 22  :( Never mind, there was a small bed of rushes opposite, which should hold a few caster fish. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I had 3lb 10oz of small Roach and pongo gudgeon. Not a bite on the caster!!  :'(   Enjoyable match though.
Learned quite a bit for the next match, further up the cut though. At least I am on the points board now  :D
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

pity you lost a mars bar.. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

I will bring your Mars Bars on the next one if your going Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

pity you lost a mars bar

Fancy mugging me for one as well off that flyer Image ;)
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Simple »

This was my first match with the Cashmores gang in quite a while as I could not fish the Grueller series this year because I was fishing the winter league at Rolfs Lake.
The match was on the Staffs Worc canal on Teddesley road just outside of Penkridge. With 30 people booked in it was a good turnout for a cut match.

The Cashmores Crew Turning Up

Waiting for the Draw

The Trumpet Man  Image

Lee and Paul had pegged out from the lock by the crossover bridge and the lock by the boat yard so there was plenty of room.

TK having a smoke to calm the nerves

I drew peg 5 which meant I had a short walk but word was that you wanted to be in the higher numbers  :-/

My Peg for the day

To my left, Phil

To my right, Heinzer and Sprucey

Sprucey

Heinzer

My match was not very eventful really. Me, Phil and Heinzer could not buy a bite from the far side. We were both catching 1 meter out in from and to the side. Sprucey was catching quite well from the far side however. Image

I thought I was fishing a grueller match at one point  Image I finished up not far from last I think but it was good to fish somewhere different. Looking forward to the next one. Cheers TK.

I wont put who won, will leave that to TK but Well done that man  Image Image

I owe Woodmouse 2 mars bars now  Image Image
I will pay my debt on the next match  Image :D
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

pity you lost a mars bar.. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

I will even things up at the Roses match, unless you fish the next one on the Staffs and Worcester ;)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

its a good turnout :o :olooks like it gave chelseaboy the horn Imagewhat part of the canal is that its not the one where the green gate is Imagei bet lee drew in the tree's ::) ::)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

simple you've turned into a tackle tart :-* :-* did that tree reach the water :o :o
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Simple »

simple you've turned into a tackle tart
Why because I have some Vimto on my tray Image

The section is down from Teddesley boatyard to the crossover bridge. Lee was on an endpeg Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

endpeg and he pegged it outFIX Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

on photo's every canal looks brilliant Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

where's the results

and where's the photo of lee's peg ::) ::)or was it too far to walk being endpeg Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Joff....I had the shortest walk and the only peg on tins :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Here you go Joffie  Image

Well this report has been a long time coming - contrary to what Sprucey thinks, I am a very busy bunny some days - hence the delay.  Image

Not sure whether its worth the wait for though - other than for the overall tale of the scales  :-/

I was looking forward to this one. Whilst I’d never fished this particular stretch of the Staffs/Worcs I’d had many a match 20 years ago on adjoining sections. 20 years ago!!!

Yep those were the days when 2lb  Image would stand you in good stead of winning your 20 peg section……….although looking forward to it, I realised that I was gunna be way out of tune with the probable changing moods and methods of the cut - that’s the result of ‘being away’ with club fishing.  :-/

Arrived at the canal with Heinzer pretty early. Dunno whether people were eager for this one or whether they had set their clocks a hour forward 24 hours early, because the majority of those expected were milling around. :o

MrV and the Chockie Munster were in the progress of pegging. Image

With Cheslynboy in attendance, people soon became aware of the stocking into the cut of some 5-7000 roach and skimmers less than 24 hours earlier. In fact I suspect a fair few anglers fancied a ‘low draw’ - reflected by the expression on their faces when they did actually draw a 'high' number.  :D

As for me, yep whilst I always fancy a short walk, there were a few that I didn’t fancy today.  Image

Some of you will know the BDM, no season would be complete without a bit of a moan from me - and here’s the first one (I think) for 2010.  Image

Two words normally associated with being adept at angling appear to be missing from the vocabulary of a fair few of the Cashmores members……………….. Image

One is Stealth, the other Watercraft - supposedly critical according to Mr Crabtree to enable the angler to make the most of his peg.

Or doesn’t this apply to match anglers  Image

Couldn’t believe what I was seeing…………….. 20 odd anglers traipsing on the towpath in the first few pegs.

Why oh why oh why  Image Image Image Image Image

So any of you guys reading this can we give it a bit more thought on future matches - why we couldn’t do the draw in the lay-by I don’t know? Certainly not near a peg - I reckon pegs 1-4 were wiped out before they were drawn with any self respecting rub a dub now heading down the cut.  Image

Perhaps stealth and watercraft have gone out of the window with the advent of commercials, where you, slap, tap, shoot your water pistol, cup in water etc etc etc……..

Anyway rant over. Image

With the draw almost concluded, 3 remaining anglers seemed reluctant to dip in the bag, BDM, KOD and Sprucey.
I went for it………………. aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  Image …………………..peg 28  Image

Little did I realise how far away it was. Don’t reckon I’d have made it there on the hoof but I was fortunate to flag down Fatty Kendall  Image and cadge a lift of him as he was heading for 29.

Talking of Fatty Kendall, must stop calling him that.

First - he give me a lift  Image

Second - he’s lost a couple of stone  Image ……mind he’s still got some meat on him.  :D

Third -  he had a pop at me  Image for calling him F K on these forums, not that he’d seen it, because someone had lets say, tipped him the wink ‘back in the classroom’  Image   ::)  …………sorry Fatty  Image - just think of it as a term of endearment  ;) - besides it’s a bit nicer than some of the things you call me.  Image

Anyway - onto peg 28 

Setting up, the Chockie Munster came up early on and threw down the mars bar gauntlet - well it was more of a mugging  :D  - a) he’s in a different league when it comes to the cuts, b) he knows the cut like the back of his hand, c) he was on end peg and finally d) it was a ‘renowned’ flyer.

Bet, I mean mugging accepted, I prepared for the off.

FK  :P and the Chockie Munster to my right…………..

And to my left…………..

All I could see from those in view was everyone appeared to go straight over - and start picking up bits - while I had a dabble on the inside line. It was a little slower as I wheedled a few bits out, but couldn’t build the swim up and get em coming faster.  Image

A look across and I picked a few up, rotating lines including the inside.

I could see the Chockie Munster periodically netting a few  Image, whilst my landing gear just lay unused as occasional 1oz pongos were my ‘stamp’ fish.  :'(

As the match wore on, news filtered through that Big Baz had lost a couple of chub, but also netterd a couple.

Cotti too was also bagging apparently on his beloved punch.

Talking of punch, it was intended as one of my lines, but whilst I’d bought the micro’d slices, I’d left the liqqy at home  Image ……..and Ball It In was nowhere in sight (on the lower pegs) for me to cadge of couple of sackfulls off.    :D

Plus with the Chockie Munster seemingly ‘easing away’ I was out of the main frame, although I thought I was possibly leading the chasing pack.  :-/

With 40 minutes to that main frame got turned upside down when a big bronze bream decided to put in an appearance on adjoining peg 28.  :o

After what was I think a 15 minute ‘battle’ the fish which later tipped the scales at 6lb 4oz  Image had blown me apart and wiped out the current guys in the coin.

As for myself on 29, the peg was dying in the last hour – think I only snared another dozen or so bits to finish up with 127 fish, whilst the Chockie Munster reckoned he’d got 200+, possibly 250 including a few netters.

I never needed the landing net during the 5 hours, with caster only resulting in 2 fish a pongo and a smaller sized silver. Image

Anyway – enough of the waffle, here’s the tale of the scales………..

PEG
1 BRAMBLES 0.2.14
2 HARRY911 0.12.6
3 TOMMY COOPER 0.7.8
4 PHIL B 0.1.13
5 SIMPS 0.6.15
6 HEINZER 0.5.7
7 SPRUCEY 2.5.3
8 G CASHMORE 0.8.12
9 HAHA 0.11.6
10 ZORRO 2.1.8
11 N VAN HOEK DNW
12 R CASHMORE 0.6.4
13 BALL IT IN DNW
14 HOTLIPS 0.5.3
15 BIG BAZ 5.0.11
16 M EVANS 0.13.7
17 BLUES4EVA 1.8.7
20 KOD 1.14.3
21 CHESLYNBOY 2.5.7
22 MR V 3.10.4
23 VESTE 2.5.12
24 COTTI 8.9.13
25 ABBUMAN 3.2.2
26 NESSANDORMAR 1.12.12
27 YAMO 10.0.0
28 TK 4.3.8
29 M KENDALL 1.11.15
30 CHOCKIE MUNSTER 8.8.5

Now over to David Sprucey Bailey to show us some of those super duper pictures he took on his 50 mega pixel camera – you know the sort that the BBC use to cover outdoor sporting events    ;)   8-)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

and where's the photo of lee's peg

Ps Joffie - dunno know if you know - but if you click on the pictures they blow up full size Image
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

Bostin' report TK.   Image I know it takes some effort.

Very interesting. Great to read about it all and who caught what.

What a canal bream at 6lb 4oz ! Presumably you meant YAMO on 27 with it.

And you had a fair few yourself. 127, 200 ...250 those sort of numbers would wear me out.    :D

No time to eat me Bourbon biscuits !
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Presumably you meant YAMO on 27 with it.

It certainly was MarkV
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Simple »

Thats nothing... I had 16 fish Image

Great reading TK and pictures of course Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin