If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

WHEN THE NORTH WINDS BLOW round 5

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

this wigston league is more like a marathon of endurance :D :D again the forecast for the weekend never said anything about strong winds light winds yes but strong no Imageup early again i couldn't sleep worrying whether i'd got enough bait for the canal Image Image

i do like to support the local tackle shop stuff the pellets!!! keep buying wrigley things half the shops in this area DON'T sell squatts anymore Imageand the quality of the bait at the minute is brilliant Imagejust a shame you don't need it Image Imagestill the ducks love it still the measures are good quarter of squatts half of casters and a bag of hookers Imageplus the bread
anyway back to the match
choices cafe was buzzing when i arrived and it was straight into the banter Imagethe oadby anglers all sitting together Imageand looking over there shoulders Image Imagethe draw took place and surprise surprise i'd drawn another bridge hole and a good one at that Image Image

the kilby bridge peg Imagethe only problem was down the edge someone had fished it and had thrown all there bait in Imagestill its Bean a good peg ! so on with the job normal rigs 6 tops
the only trouble was the wind coming through the bridge it was bitter cold so the rigs changed a bit ;)

as i was setting up it was quite clear hammo was in my section Image Image top blokeImage Image Imagealso pinkie had drawn next but one so it was going to be interesting to say the least and yet again my old mate steve porter ::) ::) ::)had drawn next to hammo so the competitions was really on Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

as you look up the canal just around the corner you can see hammo's peg and remember hammo's had only returned to the pub once in the whole series Image Imagetight bast#rd Imagethe pressure to catch a fish was immense and the gods must of felt generous

giving him a end peg with a 300yd gap plus no wind Image Image

what a peg :o :o :o :o
still he made no mistakes and before the first hour had gone he'd netted 3 great big roach ::) ::)and the rest of the section new it Image Imagei was catching but very small roach so i had to make a choice knowing 3lb would be a good weight do i just carry on this these very small roach or do i set a few traps up around the peg
anyway i did and the caster payed off in two areas pulling a little weight back on hammo ron scales to my left had stuck it out with squatt and again caught very small gobbies i could see pinkie enjoying the banter that hammo was consistently giving out through the whole five hours Image Image
it was just like taking max fishing "ive got one ,ive got another" all day Image Imagestill when it came to the weigh in the first half of the section fished woefully sorry colly just hope its your turn on the final match mate Image
hammo was the next to weigh Image Imageand what a net of roach :o :o he wasn't telling porkies Image Imagehe must of had 4 over the pound mark :o :o :o

at tis point i'd like to thank pinkie for smartening hammo up for the photo Image Image Image
hammo ended up with just short of 10lb of prime winter roach and a win on the day Image Image mr porter who was complaining about neck and earache was next to weigh and again a few proper roach in he net as well Image Image it couldn't of been his presentation Image Image Image
and finally pinkie who probably had the most fish in the section

i was the last to weigh a nice 3lb 14oz to see a second in the section
the team had done really well and you could tell as all the oadby and wigston lads were straight on there phones ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

can anyone get or similar image apollo floats for down the track i've trashed my last one Image Image Image Image
maddog

Unread post by maddog »

what a differance a good peg makes hammo founder member of the early bath club gets a peg full of fish and boy did he let u know its the peg hammo not u ?as iwalk passed the better pegs was told no chance but was there at the end not a member of the early bath team yet all for 3.50z mainly small fish ture team man hammo take note ?.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

i would of thought the whole 5 hour commentary would of been on site by now Image Image Image Imageunless he's got a sore throat today Image Image Image Image
hammo

Unread post by hammo »

NICE TO SEE U TOOK MY ADVICE MADDOG AND FISHED LIKE A C##T OF A FLYER. LAST IN YOUR SECTION KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK IAM SURE ADAM WILL SIT UP AND TAKE NOTE NOW .I THINK A FEW MORE CREAM BUNS ARE NEEDED.MADDOG STOP TALKING BOL##KS ITS NOT THE PEG JUST THE CLASS OF THE ANGLER ASK ANYONE WHO FRAMED. Image.U MIGHT OF HAD A POUND OF IT BUT KNOW MORE ITS HARDWORK TRYING TO CATCH WITHOUT A RIPPLE ON THE WATER ON A CLEAR CANAL ITS JUST CLASS.I COULD GO INTO HOW I DID IT MADDOG BUT I THINK IT COULD BE TO TECNICAL FOR U Image Image.NICE BAIT TRAY JOFF JUST ONE BAIT MISSING HEMP WHICH HALF MY WEIGHT CAME ON BUT I DO UNDERSTAND ITS A HARD BAIT TO PRESENT RIGHT, DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT MADDOG Image Image Image.ALL I CAN SAY IS WHAT A PEG THE ONLY PEG IN THE MATCH WITH NO WIND ON IT , IT WAS 10 DEGREE WARMER PLUS AN END PEG AND FULL OF DOG ROACH . Image Image.NICE MATCH PORTER BUT STILL GOT A LOT TO LEARN ABOUT ROACH FISHING CATCHING 3LB OF ROACH ON CASTER IN THE FIRST HOUR IS SUICIDAL BUT AT LEAST U MOVED THEM OVER TO ME THANKS MATE Image Image.CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT MATCH AND ANOTHER FLYER WHAT A GREAT CANAL Image ImageISNT FISHING EASY P.S KIT NO LONGER FOR SALE :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
BRADDY

Unread post by BRADDY »

well all is now fine in waynes world (hammo) :) :) :) a nice bag of roach well done mate , ive withdrawn my offer for yer kit. 8-) 8-) 8-)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

brilliant Image Image Image Image Imagehammo you've even written loud in captials Image Image
maddog

Unread post by maddog »

one swallow dont make a summer hammo ?how about your class in the early bath team still shines bright ?who forgot to tell porter that u need ear plugs when u r catching ?he will learn next time ? nice net of fish well done , better people than me caugth lessthats winteron the wigston canal.Any way u r going football this sunday peace at last thank god ?.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

mr porter should leave his phone at home  Imageunless he was calling the Samaritans Image Image
you can't say he's not drawing well Image Image
colly
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Browning Northants

Unread post by colly »

Joff, Hammo, Pinkie - Well done yesterday lads, some cracking roach there Hammo. Think yourselves lucky that you didnt draw in my half of the section though. Ive now had 1 fish in the last 3 matches - just shows you how peggy this place is right now Image

Enjoyed my mid match walk - watched Joff on his usual bridge hole - must've been a troll in a previous life Image even started thinking 'this blokes quite a tidy angler'. All this blanking definately dones funny things to your head Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Imagecheers colly on that sort of venue i always feel guilty when i catch because i know i could of done better with a little less of a wind  Imagebut thats hard to tell you that when i know you've sat there all day trying for a bit Image Imagei made that mistake with our lad who won the section with 2oz he said "you've caught a few "i just said yes but i should of done better that was it Image Imagerob was like a tornado running up the bank :-? :-? :-?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

i felt sorry for the lad who drew my peg from the previous match ,he came straight up to me at the draw and asked all about the peg,where i caught what bait .he was really intrested and wanted to do well ,BUT the fish had moved to the other end of the section :( :( :( :(
back at the pub he asked what he had done wrong :-[i just said nothing thats fishing and just remember you've have 2lb where as a lot of anglers have not had a bite thats fishing Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

i know i could of done better with a little less of a wind

Far be it for me to comment on that Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

And another thing.....................

How do you ever get in your shop with a crappity smack bridge stuck to your crappity smack ear. Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

;) ;)i take a bridge a match now bill Imagejust takes me ages to put them in the right place Image Imagegot that on a little wrong Image Image
hammo

Unread post by hammo »

That wasnt wind joff it was the oadby boys arses twitching. Imagei totally agree what u told that lad who had your peg maddog would have blanked on it he done well to catch 2lb.i feel for u colly i know the feeling well ,what makes it worst is when u walk and go behind other anglers on good pegs and see them struggling to present there bait right in knothing more than a slight breeze and next to a bridge what weight would u of had of it . Image Image Imageiam sure the luck of the draw will be kind on the last match maybe if u have a word with rob wootton he will give u his peg then u will win the match ;) ;).porter was on the phone more than a stockbroker how long does it take to find out to hook hemp Image Image.well done pinkie good job u couldnt manage to fish the long pole else u wouldnt have been far behind me and porter would have been batterd each side.
maddog

Unread post by maddog »

colly the offer was there for dinner but u stuck it out to the end ?bet u could hear hammo where u were ?like he said get robs peg u will be alrigth then Imagei had to walk passed all the good pegs the other side of the bridge even hammo said its c##p all the best next time and dont draw any where near hammo ?.
P50RTR

Unread post by P50RTR »

It's official... Wayne you are a 100% MONKEY SPANKER!

I've been to the doctors this week about my ears, after the pain of listening to your running commentary!

Just proves any idiot can catch Roach when you've got a country mile to the next peg! Image Image Image

My main problem was I'd put the wrong stockings on, they were to tight!
hammo

Unread post by hammo »

had a good laugh sunday porter nice to see u can take a joke next time your next to me stick your stockings in your ears or use them as a prayer matt Image Image.yes i did have an end peg but u forgot to mention i had a spare peg the other side as well Image Image.what do u put in your swim at the start as everyone on the next peg seems to win the match or is it them bright yellow stockings moving the fish Image Image.hope to draw next to u again for another match win Image Image