If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Big Boost For Team Fishing .....

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Good in one way but kinda takes the shine out of winning it I think.
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Unread post by lloydy »

What a kick in the teeth for the smaller teams, can win div 1 with a draw and qualify for world club champs, but wont win the top ten fishing to international rules, great for the big 4 :-/
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Exactly Lloydy !
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

I've known about this for quite a while now (excepting the Preston deal).
Does a minnow ever win the Div One National nowadays? I think those days went with the introduction of the points scheme.
I can't fully make up my mind about this one but the sponsorship is rare enough nowadays and the deal was sure to be part of this new innovation (no pun intended).
So from that point of view we perhaps shouldn't be too critical.
I have been in the World Inter Clubs, albeit 1987, and believe me it really costs an arm and a leg to fish that, even with sponsorship. Unless times have changed it was a case of who could afford to go the World Inter Clubs Champs not necessarily your best team.
This obviously depends on what country it is in. We fished in Sweden in 1987; to give you some idea the Hotel was £85 a night and lager was £6.60 and it was real shyte at that!

I think my verdict has been a little bit edgy on this one but the longer I have known about it, it has to be a good thing.

Proper sponsorship is so hard to come by now and in my view I applaud Preston for putting their money into match fishing itself and not to a team(s).
macca
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Personal Text: TRUE BLUE
Match Team/ Club: shakespeare superteam
Sponsor: four ashes

Unread post by macca »

why have a national on a river that will be domanated with the feeder if the object is to pick a team of bloodworm/pole anglers. ::) ::) ::)
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

Spoke to Scott Geens after last years final and the cost and styles of fishing are unbelievable to the point that only 3 teams in the country have any chance, dorking, starlets and maybe barnsley so why dont we just let them 3 teams fish off for it, but i agree with Bill about the sponsorship thing
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

why have a national on a river that will be domanated with the feeder if the object is to pick a team of
bloodworm/pole anglers. ::) ::) ::)

It aint bloodworm and joker fishing like anything we do tho macca, some of the sizes of flat float they use are crazy
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

The amount of bloodworm and joker that is used is unbelievable.
When we fished the Italians had a bread tray full of joker flown over (one for each). They must have fed a minimum of six kilos each, probably quite a bit more, and they had a stack of hookers each too.
We drew next to Italy and when our guys shipped back or reeled in the waggler there was joker all stuck to their line from float to hook and we were on a Canal!
They did this to knock the fishing flat, then proceeded to yellow stream the match out of sight, Those were the general tactics in those days; it might be much the same now, not too sure Image
LarryTeepot
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Match Team/ Club: Tunnel Barn Farm Vets
Sponsor: Fishermans Friend .... and Mo,s

Unread post by LarryTeepot »

absolute cobblers....we know the teams that could compete... why didnt preston just sponsor them to do it.....i wont support preston now they aint supporting the small fish are they.actually the more i think about it the more its double cobblers Image
thick_as_the_ice

Unread post by thick_as_the_ice »

ha ha . a four year deal in four years time you will be lucky to get 10 teams fishing the national and why reduce it to teams of 6
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

come on lads we all fish the nationals and just how much time do you give them unless its on your door step and lets be about right any team could win it its a great idea and its a tremulous amount of money going into a sport that hasn't had any new input for years or new ideas
with so many individual competitions and pairs matches on next years calendar you will be hard pressed to get 10 anglers wanting to put time and effort into the national
my point of view is it just might encourage team members to site up and be counted and put the time and effort in now
fishing in europe isn't cheap and often makes and brakes teams now you have a chance to witness it for yourself with some backing
the sensas final is the best competition I've fished in these European match anglers are the nearest I'll ever get to a world championship take a look at the footage i found earlier a few topics down you think you've got some kit  :o :o :o ask me would i fish it again !yes i would I'd love to go every year thats how good it is [thats coming from me who at the moment won't travel to the stainy???must be going though a middle age Chrisse's ]
not everyone feels the same and 80% of the national teams won't change there thoughts about nationals even with this new idea but it a start to reinvent team match fishing 
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Well said Joff,

At the end of the day you do not HAVE to enter the National Championships and £50,000 coming into the game can not be faulted.

Fishing the World InterClubs is a treasured memory to me, - two weeks in Sweden trying to sort out a completely new venue is something else.

We had loads of sponsorship for the event but it still nearly broke the bank.

We drew next to Italy who had their top full internationals as a CLUB team!

Wouldn't have missed it for anything Image Image
dan_ashington

Unread post by dan_ashington »

The cost to go away and fish the club champs is no more expensive than 1 week at whiteacres. Teams were happy to do this on super league final. Your team sponsors should help subsidise costs and help you out with tackle if not it aint worth you promoting there stuff and pushing there products.
The big 3 or 4 teams will find this event appeals to them more but any team that takes there fishing seriously should do as much as they can to get to the final as it will open your eyes and you will have a brilliant time as that sort of chance would not arise very often. I have been there myself and yes it did cost me money for new items of tackle that you may not ever use again but the experience of being there fishing was brilliant and would love to do it again. So lets not knock it just yet. Image
As Bill says I would not have missed it for the world. Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

I have read a lot of peoples thoughts on this on various w/sites ....

Imo.....

Which ever team wins the Div 1 National, and despite what some doubters think almost ANY team could win .... it still gets all the prestige, big fat cheque, trophy etc, plus now the top 10 team weekend fish off .... superb !
Surely now if an underdog or any other team wins the Div 1 they arent burdoned with the huge costs of travelling and practicing in europe somewhere thanks to Preston Innovations. Its a win win situation for team fishing as far as i am concerned ..... especially any team that finishes in the top10.
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

I have read a lot of peoples thoughts on this on various w/sites ....

Imo.....

Which ever team wins the Div 1 National, and despite what some doubters think almost ANY team could win .... it still gets all the prestige, big fat cheque, trophy etc, plus now the top 10 team weekend fish off .... superb !
Surely now if an underdog or any other team wins the Div 1 they arent burdoned with the huge costs of travelling and practicing in europe somewhere thanks to Preston Innovations. Its a win win situation for team fishing as far as i am concerned ..... especially any team that finishes in the top10.

After having time to think about it i think your quote is spot on Dodge, i still think that only 2 or 3 teams will ever get to final from now, but these teams are the best equipped to do well over there, the fish off will be a great day/weekend for the teams competing. And a big up to Preston who seem to put more back into the sport than most Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

it is teams of six dodge that go to the fish off
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

it is teams of six dodge that go to the fish off

Yepp i know joff ;)

It makes no crappity smack odds to us as were in Div 2 Image 8-) :D :D
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

not for long the way your signing anglers or am i getting mixup with man city Image Image Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

not for long the way your signing anglers or am i getting mixup with man city  Image Image Image

. Image Image Image Image Image