If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Cashmores Match Group - club waters

You know the score, Wind-up the other Members here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cashmores AC - club waters

Unread post by TK »

Received a call from The Hunter last night

He'd made a debut visit to Wood Lane with a mate and fished to the right of Wood Lane, along the Common

A good report from he too - he'd fished 'Cotti bait' and had a bream, a 4lb tinca and lots of those 'hand sized' skimmers plus roach.

His mate fished it totally different on 'Mugger bait' and had 3 tincas all over the 4lb mark a piece

Not a bad day for both on a first ever visit to the clubs canal

John H

Unread post by John H »

Thinking of giving it a go myself this afternoon TK. I'm going to take some Cotti bait plus maggots casters, hemp and a bit of Mugger bait as a back up, 8-)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Let us know how you get on John Image
John H

Unread post by John H »

I did try TK but I made the mistake of trying to attach a picture of my catch. The phone always rings when you try to do stuff like this and everybody wants to talk to you even though they haven't said a word for hours.
I think it said that the file was too big and it didn't work and I couldn't face typing it out again.

Anyway, it fished really well. I didn't catch any big ones except the 3lb Bream that spit the hook out just as he got to the net. It was mostly Skimmers and Roach but I missed lots of bites. A decent fisherman could have had a net full. I was only there for about 2 1/2 hours and never went more than 10 minutes without a bite and I caught a couple Skimmers on the drop. Image :)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Nice un John - good to hear you had plenty of tugs Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

There looks like some nice roach in there John H Image

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

It was a bit slower this morning when I popped to see how the match was going..........

Whilst I was there, one chap's no 14 latex was all across the cut as a tinca took refuge in the sedges opposite, another guy was seen off, but this guy landed a 4lb'er

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

An interesting couple of posts on page 19 here...........

http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/ven ... ll-19.html

Actually - if you plod through all the pages of the topic, Lobworm's 'diary' as a pleasure angler is always a good read...........well I enjoy it any way Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Notice of club match

Sun 17th April 2011 - York Road AC - 20 pegs Wood Lane (prob 10 each side) 

Members and season permit holders are requested to respect the pegging of the match - there's plenty of canal available for pleasure anglers

Thanks
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

No tincas showing this morning whilst I popped down for half hour to see how the match was fairing.....in truth it was a 'bit slow'.........although these couple of anglers were putting a few together.....

Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Bullah »

Still keep seeing people fishing on the extension Tk, there was someone there on Saturday
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I've asked a few (non members) to leave myself over the last couple of weeks Bullah............could do with a visit from an EA bailiff along there
Geoff_E
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Geoff_E »

I've asked a few (non members) to leave myself over the last couple of weeks Bullah............could do with a visit from an EA bailiff along there

:D :D :D :D :D
As if that would happen
olly

Unread post by olly »

Any fish coming out to the pellet or corn yet? Thinking friday might be a good day to go dip me toes and test the water :)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Not heard of either working yet Olly, but The Hunter reported that he and his mate had tincas and skimmers today on punch from the pegs just past the first set of trees to the rhs of Wood Lane.

In fact I'm getting reports that suggest the Common is fishing better than to the lhs of Wood Lane. Sundays match was won with 8lb odd of skimmers and roach half way up, a couple of pegs before the 'concrete' strip.

Also heard from two guys who picked up permits last week - theyve been having plenty of proper bream and tench from the section between the walk over bridge on the junction and the pub.............reinforced also by a report from The Hunter today who said a guy up that section again today had got a 50lb plus bag  Image 
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Any fish coming out to the pellet or corn yet? Thinking friday might be a good day to go dip me toes and test the water  :)

Did you give it a whirl Olly? MrV was having some cracking roach and some skimmers on Sunday
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

TK, Gem surprised me after the match and said she wouldn't mind going down there for a pleasure session (fishing before anyone says anything :P Image )

Is wood lane the best place to park and then walk down or do people normally park somewhere else.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

take your blow touch to open the gate Image Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Yes Simps ;)

Surprisingly I do see the odd car parked up in Fishley Lane, but tbh I wouldnt - it's a bit 'isolated' down there.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

its a proper venue like most of the canals in the country with not so many anglers fishing them the big fish stocks have increased specially tench
we said said yesterday the potential is great Image