If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

river avon twyford farm

Discuss new or upcoming Cashmores Matches here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

river avon twyford farm

Unread post by YAMO »

never been here so don't know what to expect. Heard various comments ranging from a 'brill to stretch of river' to massive pile of DW. So any info or match results from this stretch? hopefully the river level will be perfect come this match and i hope it fishes well. Last time we fished avon was at stratford and it was tough going.came 2nd with 2lb !  Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

river avon twyford farm

Unread post by TK »

Take it as a decent stretch of water........possibly not as productive as in its heyday due to the lack of anglers on river banks these days.......but a test for other running line skills and watercraft.

Those making the derogatory comments about the venue probably haven't the skills or ability to catch or realise what it has to offer

Plus you can park behind the majority of pegs Image
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

river avon twyford farm

Unread post by Conna »

I used to fish it a bit in the winter and the first open I went on they were all amazed coz I caught some Chub on the waggler, nearly everyone fishes the feeder there but that may have been in the winter. I know on a good river in the summer there are good bags of roach to be had with Hemp and Tares. But it has been about 6 years since I went there.
Mark_Stanaway
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

river avon twyford farm

Unread post by Mark_Stanaway »

I used to fish it a bit in the winter and the first open I went on they were all amazed coz I caught some Chub on the waggler, nearly everyone fishes the feeder there but that may have been in the winter.  I know on a good river in the summer there are good bags of roach to be had with Hemp and Tares.  But it has been about 6 years since I went there.
SO are you saying it is D W
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

river avon twyford farm

Unread post by TK »

I know on a good river in the summer there are good bags of roach to be had with Hemp and Tares.  

They will do me Conna Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

river avon twyford farm

Unread post by MrV »

Proper fishing....Bring it on Image If enough go to this to allow every man 2 pegs it will be great fishing. Something for the big fish men, if they have the nerve to sit it out Image
Plenty for those prepared to stick to the traditional styles of fishing. :D
Cant wait...... Image
Mark_Stanaway
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

river avon twyford farm

Proper fishing....Bring it on  Image  If enough go to this to allow every man 2 pegs it will be great fishing. Something for the big fish men, if they have the nerve to sit it out  Image
Plenty for those prepared to stick to the  traditional styles of fishing.   :D
Cant wait...... Image
THAY are only fishing for five hours NOT FIVE MONTHS Image :D :D
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

river avon twyford farm

Unread post by YAMO »

:D :D :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

river avon twyford farm

Unread post by TK »

Proper fishing....Bring it on  Image  If enough go to this to allow every man 2 pegs it will be great fishing. Something for the big fish men, if they have the nerve to sit it out  Image
Plenty for those prepared to stick to the  traditional styles of fishing.   :D
Cant wait...... Image
THAY  are only fishing for five hours NOT FIVE MONTHS  Image   :D   :D

Better not make reference to some needing 5 years had I Image
THE_WEDGE

river avon twyford farm

Unread post by THE_WEDGE »

Any tips for the wedge cus i think i'll need em.
I was going to trot maggot and caster down with a stick float with a 20foot bolo rod and my trusty centrepin just dragging bottom if i can find a clear run with no weed constantly feeding a handfull every put in. ;)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

river avon twyford farm

Unread post by TK »

Looks like you've already got it sussed then Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

river avon twyford farm

Unread post by Simple »

I'm suprised no one is using the old "Lollipops" :P :D
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

river avon twyford farm

Unread post by kod »

I'm suprised no one is using the old "Lollipops"  :P :D

Image :-X

was going too but whilst clearing garage out found bag of 21mm halibut pelletsand feed pelllets from match on severn last year Image
Then i found me cordless drill :) and the rest is history as they say :)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

river avon twyford farm

Unread post by TK »

Looks like a battle between the silvers and beasties coming on then................ Image
THE_WEDGE

river avon twyford farm

Looks like you've already got it sussed then  Image

Seriously though is it fast flowing, slow, deep, shallow, do you need a pole, feeder or what?
HELP! :'(
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

river avon twyford farm

Unread post by TK »

Medium to slow...........but depends on how much water is on.

Depth depends on the line you fish and the peg/area of course..........and all methods score dependent on the peg and the day

Not being in possession of a peg by peg run down ( like I've had in the past for some stretches), it's really a case of suss it on the day and read the peg how you see it...........or just do your own thing and fish it how you want to.

There are however favoured rub a dub areas, areas noted for bream and barbel pegs - so I'll probably find out I've been fishing my peg totally wrong with the wrong set up at about 2.45pm when someone pops their head down the bank.

ps - this is not a deliberate evasive response, but a pucka interpretation of how I see it Image
THE_WEDGE

river avon twyford farm

Hope I draw next to you then.
Whatever you do i'll do the opposite. Image
cheers.
THE_WEDGE

river avon twyford farm

[highlight]Medium to slow...........but depends on how much water is on.[/highlight]
Depth depends on the line you fish and the peg/area of course..........and all methods score dependent on the peg and the day

Not being in possession of a peg by peg run down ( like I've had in the past for some stretches), it's really a case of suss it on the day and read the peg how you see it...........or just do your own thing and fish it how you want to.

There are however favoured rub a dub areas, areas noted for bream and barbel pegs - so I'll probably find out I've been fishing my peg totally wrong with the wrong set up at about 2.45pm when someone pops their head down the bank.

ps - this is not a deliberate evasive response, but a pucka interpretation of how I see it  Image
With my record on rivers it will be very deep. If so can we fish the carp pool instead? Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

river avon twyford farm

Unread post by Simple »

[highlight]Medium to slow...........but depends on how much water is on.[/highlight]

ps - this is not a deliberate evasive response, but a pucka interpretation of how I see it  Image
With my record on rivers it will be very deep. If so can we fish the carp pool instead? Image Image

Get your bed sheets and wrap them round yourself, get a broom out the cupboard go into the garden and do a rain dance heeeba heeeba , heeeba heeeba :D :D
That way the river will be unfishable ;) Image
Mark_Stanaway
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

river avon twyford farm

HA HA YEP YEP YEP YEP :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D