If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Baileys Meadow.

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Baileys Meadow.

Unread post by Simple »

Well well well. Horrible day and all for 6oz  ::) :D
Started off very very windy and then the wind dropped and it hammered it down.
I drew peg 10 on the cricket club stretch, which as we found out as the day went on WAS NOT the place to be.
This section saw most of the fisherman packing up early and leaving but Roley, Mark and Seth managed some good weights.
I packed up at 3, just could not face it anymore. It was pis*ing down  :'(
The match was split into to sections, Cricket club and Baileys. Baileys was the place to be today. All the members of the Yale would have fitted down there is a load of guests had not come, but there you go.  ::) ::) ::)
I had a ok day, better than been stuck behind this pooter all day I suppose :P
Weighing in was a right Bas*ard. It was raining and a good walk too. Then when we weighed our section in, we had to drive over to baileys and weigh them lot in too.
Anyway... Well done to John Conway(Conna) for winning today, BUT it could have been VERY different couldn't it Jonny  ;) :D
In the first draw, he drew peg 6 in the cricket club, but we had to have a redraw, where he drew peg 5 on Baileys, Someone is looking down on you lol.
I had drawn peg 8 on cricket club first draw and that guy on that peg packed up and went home so suppose I was lucky too.

I took some pictures today, but no many of the weigh in as it was pis*ing down and my camera man was on the other section  :-[

The pictures can be found here.....Bailey's River Match

Here are the results...

1st John Conway 7lb 12oz (Baileys)
2nd Mick Randel 7lb 07oz (Baileys next peg)
3rd Richard Buxton 6lb 14oz (Baileys)
Roley Conway 6lb 10oz (cricket, end peg)
Mark Douglas 5lb 05oz (cricket, end peg)
Gary Conway 11oz(cricket)
Simple Simon 6oz (cricket)
Drynet George DNW (cricket)
Kevin Buxton DNW (cricket)

Guests....

K Croxford 5lb 06oz
W Robins 4lb 02oz
B Boothby 3lb 11oz
C Williams 3lb 10oz
D Hughes 2lb 06oz
J young 1lb 14oz
G Garry 1lb 14oz

Splendid day :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baileys Meadow.

Unread post by TK »

Hard luck mate. Nice write up and pictures.The one in the car on the way sets the tone and is most ominous and foreboding. I can imagine a nightmare weighing in across the two sections in the weather :(.......alright for them who only had a 5yard walk back to their cars.
Do I win the chocy for my original 7lb 3oz guestimate...... :P;
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baileys Meadow.

Unread post by Simple »

Yeah mate. Good guess  :o Shame it wasn't my weight   :D
I reduced the quality of the pictures also to save space on the server, I aint got a sh*t camera  Image
That first picture sets the tone for the whole day imo (in my opinion)
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Baileys Meadow.

Unread post by Conna »

I enjoyed that today and not just because I won either :D I really enjoyed the pouring rain soaking right through my coat and clothes and walking through the wrong field with all my gear and having to trundle all the way back again. I also enjoyed the 20 or so tangles I had and I especially enjoyed the bit when I struck into a bite at 30 yards and the line broke at the tip of my rod to lose my waggler. Why do we do it eh? To get away from the missuis thats why lol.

I'd just like to say thanks to Tinky for bringing in a few cracks to bump up the pool money for me Image.

Well done to Mick Randle today, fishing the stick to finish 2nd.

Well I started on the stick today due to the way the wind was blowing which is something I don't normally do on that area of the trent but the fish were slow coming, after an hour I had approx 1.5lbs in the net. I'd been feeding the wag line anyway and so decided to give it a go and started to get some decent qual fish, it was hard going and although I thought I was going to do ok I didn't expect to win today.

Thanks to Wilf Robbins for pegging out Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baileys Meadow.

Unread post by TK »

Bet that storm over Burton at 5.30pm on the Sat evening (we were in the pub there) put a few inches on from what we'd encountered. Didn't realise you were on Baileys and the 'Municipal' stretch. Was that planned or due to lack of pegs on baileys? We were due to fish fish Baileys in Sept but the Bass secretary dropped me the key for Sharretts farm in the post as he advised due to prolific weed growth on the section we'd possibly struggle for pegs.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baileys Meadow.

Unread post by Simple »

It was due to someone inviting loads of guests >:( ::) :P
You saw from the results how many yale blokes were there, we could have fitted down Baileys but the payout wouldnt have been as much, which dont bother me anyhow because i'm a millionare :D
Deffo the better place to be at the end of the day. Image
Oh and I prefere to call it "Cricket" :P lol
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baileys Meadow.

Unread post by TK »

Ain't fished the 'cricket' :D stretch for years - used to be some good chub holes down there - might have influenced my guestimate if I'd have known you were on there :D - but conditions werent tickety boo or they may not be there anymore.
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Baileys Meadow.

Unread post by Conna »

How did you get on TK at bass Island Saturday?
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baileys Meadow.

Unread post by TK »

Hi Conna - a bit of a struggle too. River looked aok and dropped about an inch whilst we fished. 14lb won off perm peg 14.He ran the stick thru close in, fished mag and also fed seed. Next peg to him downstream was a decent trent bloke - he struggled for 2lb. Must have been shoaled up?
I fished perm peg 1 (and never took my camera !!!). Started on wag across 3 minute roach for less than ounce. at depth, over depth, up in water - struggling, feeding bronze and seed. Onto stick, flogged that for another 20 minutes - 1 bleak. I'd got a couple of 3 mtr pole rigs set up. Ran this at em - just 5mtrs pole over stick line - nowt. Went two foot over depth and inched it thru, started to pick up a few small roach. Found my catch rate accelerated when I just held back hard dead about 4 mtrs down the swim, where my seed/mag would have been hitting the deck. The fish were hitting the bait when it was static.......inch it thru and one fish in a blue moon. Came back from dead and finished second with 8lb 12oz, there was another 8lb opposite rowing club, but he picked up a couple of chub, one first cast. 7lb odd came 4th first peg below bridge.
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Baileys Meadow.

Unread post by Conna »

Well done on that performance TK, seems to me like you fished a blinder and got it right. Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baileys Meadow.

Unread post by TK »

You know how it is Conna - making the best of a difficult situation :D and adapting to the conditions and how they want it on the day.  ;)

Changing the subject - wheres SS? Bit quiet from him at the mo? Has he gone on his jollies, clocking up the OT or is his server down?
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Baileys Meadow.

Unread post by Woodhouse »

didn't anyone try a straight lead?
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Baileys Meadow.

Unread post by Conna »

There was too much weed coming down the river for the straight lead, I was getting more than my fair share of weed on the wag and besides I was getting bites and in my head I knew that if I kept on doing what I was then I wouldn't be far away. The straight lead in my experience is a great method when the river is up too much for any of the float methods.
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Baileys Meadow.

Unread post by Conna »

SS, I know he hasn't been abducted by Aliens or at least he hadn't better have been coz he's in my team for the 3 a side next week. Apparently he has a fear of using chopped worm coz he thinks it's cruel :-/ the mere thought of it makes him squirm lol, poor chap.

I'm sure he'll be back soon, he's probably gone off mating with someone off the chatroom :D
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baileys Meadow.

Unread post by Simple »

Im here, Yeah chopping worms up just to catch fish don't really appeal to me :-[ :-[
As for maggots, pinkies and squatts, they turn into flies which are annoying and I dont mind killing. :D
Poor worms, run for the hills Image
I hear ratbag has a simlar thing about worms, lol.