If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Larford, Specimen Lake.

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Larford, Specimen Lake.

Unread post by Simple »

Results and a few pictures can be found here....

http://yaleac.si-lad.com/main/gallery

Will write something up later. Its been a busy and wet weekend. I need some beers   :D
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Larford, Specimen Lake.

Unread post by me »

some decent weights there si, better than 2 weeks ago
Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Larford, Specimen Lake.

Unread post by Simple »

Aye mate. They had 2 big sensas buckets of GB. Over 100 quids worth they reckoned. Not worth it for a club match is it really.
I knew them pair would win but I did have my doubts about using it in the wind, but they obviously made it work.
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Larford, Specimen Lake.

Unread post by Conna »

I fished next to Richard today who fished the splash waggler, it was the first time he used it and after weighing in 94lbs I think he did a pretty good job of it, especially in the windy conditions too, he can improve a lot on that performance though as he got broke loads of times. I'd never seen it done before so it was good to watch, I might just get geared up and have a go myself if I go there again 8-)
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Larford, Specimen Lake.

Unread post by Simple »

I might just get geared up and have a go myself if I go there again  8-)

I can lend you a bag of groundbait  Image

I fished a taped up feeder with 50/50 swimstim and marine halibut ground bait with hair rigged double corn on the hook to start off. I had some skimmers and one hell of a carp which took a good 50 meters of line out. I was just gaining some line back when the hook pulled  Image
Next cast out the feeder shoots out into the lake not attached to my line  Image :D I think its time to buy some new line  ::)
I then fished my 5 meter line for the rest of the match, into which I fed the rest of my ground bait, 4 tins of corn and 2 bags of pellets. I used Pellet and corn on the hook.
I was having to hold the pole 2 handed at 5 meters it was that windy but I still managed to stick it out and catch lots of skimmers, roach and about 6 nice bream  :)
I lost out on second to Conna but I was no where near him any way but managed to grab 4th on top of alot of other 30lb+ bags.

Every time we go to larford the weather is always crap. And on a Side note............

A certain someone said that they were gonna give me the biggest wobbly cheeks slapping ever.... All I can say is, Better luck next time Tinky  Image :D :D :-*
Tinky

Larford, Specimen Lake.

Unread post by Tinky »

i dont think so dude to expensive i think for you :D i might even have it banned next time so that some of the not so rich have a chance to winn :D
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Larford, Specimen Lake.

Unread post by Conna »

I'm sure you don't need to make it that expensive really, I think you could do it with 4 pints of maggots and some sticky mag, all I need then is a couple of those wagglers. I'll give it a go for 30 mins anyway.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Larford, Specimen Lake.

Unread post by Simple »

Them wagglers are £6 quid each.........oh and they work out the same price on ebay with P&P before you think about it :P

http://www.daiwasports.co.uk/products/?id=569&sec=6

Have fun and don't loose any  Image :D
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Larford, Specimen Lake.

Unread post by Simple »

Average's Updated.......HERE

Match weights attacthed below to download.....Thanks Gary.  Image