If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Jam Factory, Old pool.

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Jam Factory, Old pool.

Unread post by Simple »

Results here....

http://yaleac.si-lad.com/main/component ... Itemid,45/

Just enjoying a beer after that hard weekend of fishing   :D
Will do a write up later and update the homepage  Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jam Factory, Old pool.

Unread post by TK »

Tinkie's pig looks a bit tender Image No nookies worth that ::)
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jam Factory, Old pool.

Unread post by Simple »

I drew peg 13 and was one off where I wanted to be, peg 12.
I knew the pool was very deep so I decided to fish at 5 meters where I still had 6 foot of water. There was no water in my margins so I didn't really do much with them. I also set up my shallow rig.
Tinky the bloody clown decided to blow the whistle early while most people were half way around the pool having a chinwag.
Fed some pellet and corn on my 5 meter line and dropped a soft expander on top of it, as soon as it settled a bite right away but 5 seconds later it was off. Went out again and had a small carp right away. Caught steady for a hour, I had been firing some pellets in at 10 meters ready to fish shallow which is what I spent the next hour doing. I only had 3 fish shallow but there was loads out there but they didn't want to know :(
I came back on the 5 meter line for the next hour and had some skimmers and a few more carp before going back shallow again which resulted in nothing. For the last hour I stuck at my 5 meter line but was missing loads of bites and hooking fish only for them to spit the hook out.
I finished up with 37lb 8oz which was OK I suppose, poor dekka on the next peg only had 5lb. Image
The fish were all over the place today. Had a good day and enjoyed the weather, sitting there in the boiling sun with my wellies on Image :D
I can't go in the tackle shop for about a week now otherwise Tinky will be like a big rooster waltzing round the shop :P
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Jam Factory, Old pool.

Unread post by Conna »

I had a frustrating day again too, my margins weren't working at all except for the roach, I kept trying them every 30 mins for 5 mins at a time. Most of my 26lbs came in the last hour at 11m on the bottom to corn. I also fed pellet out for surface fishing and although they were there in numbers judging by the swirls when I fed they didn't want to know the hook bait (maybe I'm doing something wrong?) I only had 1 fish off the top. Well done to Kev Buxton again, he's doing very well so far this year.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jam Factory, Old pool.

Unread post by Simple »

Try using a white pellet, the same colour as your feed pellet for shallow work. I have confidence in it and always use the same pellet for shallow. Obviously sometimes they want meat or corn but that's what I do when using pellet.
Its about confidence you told me that  Image So find something that works and stick to it. I have used the same pellets since larford match pool when I was a guest on that Yale match and came second   :D And they certainly worked at Manor farm. I have used them on many fisheries and they have worked everywhere to be fair, so I'm sticking with them.

When I pulled your net out I was surprised because every-time I looked over your laccy was out  Image and I seen you standing up to land a few too  Image Just play them on the top 5 next time like I did, bloody magical hook spitting fish. I don't think I have ever lost so many fish.
The icing on the cake was, well I had 2. One spat the hook in the bottom of my keep-net and swam off laughing. How did he do that, I would love to know  Image
And the second managed to spit the hook and tie a perfect knot about my stotz dropper shots  Image which I spent 10 mins untying because it was nearly the end o the match and I didn't want to tie another and my spare was too short  :-[
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jam Factory, Old pool.

Unread post by Simple »

Oh and Conna.......

Remember them massive pellets I showed you at the start of the match lol
Well I tried one and caught a big crucian but after that never had another bite on them
Deffo gonna be using them at Larford Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jam Factory, Old pool.

Unread post by Simple »

Averages updated..............Thanks Gary  Image
http://yaleac.si-lad.com/main/component ... Itemid,89/

I'm doing as good as a blind person in a spot the ball contest  :-[ :-[

Also attactched are the Current Match weights.........
Conna
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Jam Factory, Old pool.

Unread post by Conna »

Hey Dude,

Your running total says 37 and it should be 47 lol. Someone can't add up Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jam Factory, Old pool.

Unread post by Simple »

Hey Dude,

Your running total says 37 and it should be 47 lol.  Someone can't add up  Image

Was hoping no one would notice  :P I blame excel   :D :D
Changed it now sorry :-[
Carpfan

Jam Factory, Old pool.

Unread post by Carpfan »

Did anyone get broke, there are some monsters in there Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jam Factory, Old pool.

Unread post by Simple »

Mark Douglas go broke by a steam train from the margin, not sure is anyone else got broke.