If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Cashmores Curse Match 8 - Wedge worms his way

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

A decent morning greeted the Cashmores contingent
The draw was made with three golden pegs in play..............peg 12 which Cotti the Warburton King drew plus pegs 17 and 19.
Finding out that ball it in baker had drawn peg 18, BDM gave him explicit instruction before the off to make sure he wiped out his fellow competitors on the golden pegs by liberal and haphazard feeding which is his normal trait anyway.
Yamo had more than a wry smile on his face as BDM walked to his peg........not only were they drawn together again on 4 & 5 respectively, but BDM had Rolly Polepot who comes from the ball it in baker school to his left on 3  :'(
Yamo was also happy taking great pleasure in advicing BDM that when he walked the pool last week, his peg was the only one on that side of the pool producing.......BDM had lived yet once again up to his title.
The off.....a walk round with the pegger outers had revealed plenty of evidence of feeding fish down the track on a number of pegs. So choppie and caster down the track, meat and corn strategically cupped in across before starting on a on top match 3 with mag down the inside shelf.
Most went over and reports of orfe being caught over filtered thru, whilst BDM caught small roach, rudd, gudgeon and minute perch off his inside. Dark clouds loomed after 1 1/2 hours...........and the pool died. A change in air pressure immediately before the heavens opened?
It hissed it down on a few occasions as the curse kicked in and most struggled for another bite.
In the mean time, Phyllis Pearce, disgruntled having only caught 2 roach, wrapped up after only 2 hours and went home to paint a couple of doors.
Yamo kept BDM informed that the Worminator and Zoro were walking their side of the pool.
5 hours gone.........at last the whistle for most............but came 1/2 hour too early for BDM he had seemingly 'got out of jail' once again in the last half hour with 4 fish in 4 put ins (on a different line) to add about 4lb in 5 mins. Mind it was on his whip rig with 0.06 bottom and it was no surprise that he was smashed up right on the whistle by a beastie that sailed off down the pool.
Anyway..............had Ball it in Baker followed out instructions and unselfishly taken out pegs 17 & 19?
First golden peg weighed was Cotti on 12. He'd been informed by a regular that he'd drawn a cock and to fish pellet and corn only........but had had a disaster only putting 9 oz on the scales.
Zorro's and The Worminators catches hadn't lived up to expectations from Yamos returns and they were out of the equation
Golden Balls was walking the banks - he was beaten although he'd had 5 small carp in his first 5 put ins - how had he managed to cock that peg up?
Lasher had fluked his way into the lead.........struggling, half way through he set up a 3mtr whip with 1lb bottom, first put in on mag, float sailed away and he was into a lump.......not any old lump but a very obliging 10lb (exactly) grasscarp that came straight in like a 4 oz skimmer. Went a long way that did towards his 13lb. Would it be enough?
Along to golden peg 17. The Wedge!!!! The Wedge had seen BDMs catch at the weigh in and said 'things would be close' They were not.........another understatement........16lb 15oz all on the worm. So this thread should really be entitled Wedge worms his way to a golden peg victory. Well done mate.........pity you couldn't join me and Heinzer last night.........we only spend £42.27p of your winnings.........I'll pass you what's left during the week  :P
Enough of my ramblings here's the results

1 The Wedge 16.15.0 off peg 17
2 Lasher 13.11.0 off 13
3 BDM 11.14.0 off 4
4 Yamo 9.11.0 off 5
5 The Worminator 8.0.0 off 7
6 Geof C 7.8.0 off 15

others
Zorro 7.3.0
Heinzer 7.2.0
MGB 6.7.0 (that was a funny 4lb MGB!)
KOD 3.14.0
Golden Balls 2.11.0
HaHa 2.2.0
and poor old Cotti completing a spectacular nose dive from the top a couple of weeks ago with 0.9.0
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Good read TK Image
All this talk of 1lb bottoms is making me dizzy Image Image :D
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

TK
Quote: MBG 6.7.0 (that was a funny 4lb MGB!)

I learnt from a master!!!

MGB
[should that be learned?]
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

TK
Quote: MBG 6.7.0 (that was a funny 4lb MGB!)

I learnt from a master!!!

MGB
[should that be learned?]

Above MGB corrected !!! Sorry for the typo ;)
THE_WEDGE

Unread post by THE_WEDGE »

The golden peg money (£147.00) will come in handy for the osteopath to straighten out my back after fishing at 14.5m for 5 hours. :'(
As for tactics i decided to fish corn over choppie up the far shelf but forgot to take corn with me. Image, so ended up fishing inch pieces of worm on the hook. only time i don't regret forgetting something. Image Had a few silvers from the off then three orfe tight up the far bank before having to chase them up and down the shelf for the rest of the match. As the bites tailed off i potted in another bit of choppie and they were there all match apart from when the first bout of rain made an appearance which is when i found them at the bottom of the shelf, and thats how the rest of the match went. Got a bit worried to hear worminator and zorro were catching well especially when i lost a couple of laccie stretchers. luckily it didn't make a difference but could have been costly if rich had got his last fish out.( big un i hear). An enjoyable day, hard work and a very nice venue.
cheers folks Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Well done Mr Wedge Image The old golden peg was worth a bit, how many weeks has that rolled over ?
THE_WEDGE

Unread post by THE_WEDGE »

Cheers ss. GP rolled over 7 weeks. well worth £12.00 for 1/2k of worm and 2pints of caster,(throwed in a pint of caster at the end and used 3 handfulls of worms all match).
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Poor old MGB :'( :'( :'(

That's twice it's gone this season Image
Mark_Stanaway
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Mark_Stanaway »

HA HA whot did cotti weight in Image Image Image HA HA
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

well done mr wedge! i caught well from the off but made fatal mistake of not setting up a far shelf rig. the orfe were constantly on the move and once rain kicked in they went off far bak line. last 2 hours i had one roach and missed my chance to win. well done to paul tho.
Worminator

Unread post by Worminator »

Well done to the Wedge for showing us all how to catch on the worm ( looks like i will have to change my name now :'( ). Like most i started off very well, orfe and a small mirror, but the sudden high pressure and the rain killed it for me until the last 1/2 hour when i started to pick small carp up on a single red maggot, but losing that beastie ( i good 7lb ) that i hooked right underneath my feet at 5 mins to go after i had done all the hard work with it cost me 2nd >:(
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Looks like we all need to get Team Jeffery in our sights and reel em in before they get away..................

League to date

1 Zorro 206 pts
2 Yamo 195
Joint 3rd - The Wedge and Cotti on 191
5 BDM 190
6 HaHa 181
7 MrV 177
8 The Worminator 172
9 Heinzer 155
10 KOD 154
13 MGB 126
19 Golden Balls 82
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

zorro looking over his shoulder knowing im hunting him down, but knowing ive got to miss 2 mathces is a real bummer.