If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

South west super league rounds 1 and 2 at Porth

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

chavey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by chavey »

Despite Drennan pulling the plug on the Super League, us in the south west decided to continue with ours with the same format. ( 6 rounds, & teams of 8) Only no final or winners match to fish!
The first 2 rounds were held over the weekend at Porth res. in Cornwall and this year we had a extra team! who said team fishing is dead?
Here are the results:
Day 1: 1st R Churchill Mossella lobbys 25.15
2nd Rob Randall Garbolino Blackmoor Vale 18.15
3rd Ian Paulley Allstars 17.7.8
4th Dave Micklewight Sensas bathampton 15.6
5th welsh? Harry Billing Cardiff nomads 15.5
6th Liam Bradell Allstars 15.0
Teams 1st Garbolino BV 54
2nd Cardiff Nomads 40
3rd Maver Veals 39.5
4th Allstars 38
5th Sensas Bathampton 33
6th Preston Innovation Thatchers 32 ooohhhh
7th Sensas Thyers 28
8th Mossella Lobbys 24

So my lot p*ssed the first day with all time league winners PI thatchers bombing out in 6th place despite fielding their strongest side.

Day 2 Individuals
1st Matt Cauldwall Sensas Bathampton 27.2
2nd A Powell Mossella Lobbys 17.6
3rd Andy Ottaway Sensas Bathampton 15.10
4th Simon Hebditch Garbolino BV 14.12
5th Lee Trivett Sensas B/mpton 13.11
=6th Sean Partridge & Steve Mayo both Maver Veals Both 13.4
Teams on the Day:
Sensas Bathampton 50
Garbolino Blackmoor Vale 44.5
Preston Innovation Thatchers 38
Allstars 37
Maver Veals 36.5
Mossella Lobbys 35
Cardiff Nomads 24.5
Sensas Thyers 20.5
After 2 matches:
1st Garbolino BV 98.5
2nd Sensas Bathampton 83
3rd Maver Veals 76
4th Allstars 75.5
5th Preston Innovation Thatchers 70
6th Cardiff Nomads 64.5
7th Mossella Lobbys 59
8th Sensas Thyers 44.5
A great start to a brilliant league 6 matches on good natural venues( the remaining fixtures are 2 on the Huntspill and 2 on the Bristol Avon at Newbridge) And showing that anglers still want to fish these type of venues.
The New Allstars Team ( which is made up of the leftovers/Spares/ringers from all the other Teams) is a good Idea, it means that more anglers ore on the bank and we have 6 good 64 peg matches, and they made a sound start.
My lot are well pleased with the result and I'll keep you all informed of the results of the next matches.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

chavey give the lads a pat on the back mate Imagei just hope other leagues look at this and start thinking what do they want out of fishing Image
chavey your area has always had a good league and if we have any chance of reformatting the super league your area is already sorted like ropas area is still continuing but somewhere the big clubs ie barnsley have got to fit in and i wonder if yours would continue if you had the likes of dorking fishing it .
i only say that because thats the impression i get why the super league folded ten years ago we had 10 teams in our super league small teams came and went but often replaced by another last year we had 4 teams from all over the country that all had there own super league regions trentmen had the trent league barnsley had there own and so did mark one yet it came down to one league :( :( :(all i have done is change our league into summer league cut the team members down to six and that has almost filled our calander with 70plus matches most weekends we have 8 rounds and teams like leicester and trentmen put more than one team in it which creates competitive sections once again local teams don't feel threatend by the big squads anymore plus the money is spread out across the field next year it will be ten rounds Image Image
keep your end up chavey,you never know what will happen  Image Image

perhaps we should only have 4 0r 5 big competitions a year for the big teams like the national,sensas challenge Image Image
chavey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by chavey »

I think it is a good format we have down here and the inclusion of the Allstars team is a good idea. It's made up of anglers who don't get to fish for there teams. It was mostly thatchers anglers this weekend, with guys like Clint Elliot and other devon/cornwall guys fishing.
They don't pay the league fee's like the other teams but pay the pegging fee on top of their pools on the day ( the league fees is mostly made up of pegging fees anyway) The allstars also cannot win any league winners or runners up money at the end of the league, as they haven't paid into it.
Re. Dorking joining, Steve Mayo fished this week for Maver Veals as he wasn't in the DD Superleague Final team, there is also a rumour that the Bristol based Dorking anglers ( callum, Des, Steve mayo ) will be fishing the next rounds as the allstars as they are essentially 64 opens for them close to home. Bring it on.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Nice to see you area doing well Chavey woth your League.

I did a Summer League on the cuts around here about four years back. It had a good entry and they were good mixed matches. Theb following year it was much the same.
The year after, despite SEVENTEEN team of five saying they wanted ro fish it they dropped out one by one. I had booked several canal stretches and pubs for the draw and had to unbook them.
Probably the reason teams dropped out was that Shakespeare won the first two years; some then went crap fishing, some couldn't be bothered.

I was a bit yellow stream off to say the least.

Anyway I have about 140 in for the first two National Practices this weekend. That is brill considering how early it is. 70 each match app.

When will I ever learn Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

thats good chavey you can only learn from a team like dorking i'm sure there will be a day when they will get beat and i just hope its us Image[well you can live in hope]
bill the problem in your area is almost the same as commercials you have one of the best canal circuit in the country but every league venues are canals and Shakespeare are probably the best canal team around.suddenly you find the lesser teams just loose interest and thats just the way it goes.
shakespeare had or have a brilliant river team yet two or three of them are fishing our winter league on the soar surely if you bring a variety of venues the interest might come back :-/