If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Marsh Interoffice.Colemans Cottage June 6th. 2009

Marsh Results and Reports.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

Just brief results for now.

1st   Kim Barnett     Norwich   86lb 10oz
2nd   Tony Roberts  London    81lb  8oz
3rd    Dave Collier    London   52lb  4oz
4th    A Motts          Norwich  47lb 9oz

Teams
London   65 points
Norwich  64 points
Witham   37 points

Wow that was close

Well done to everyone great result again ( Thats 3 years running now) Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

Well done lads. Image
Looks like it was a close run thing.
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Well done Dave and Team Image Image Image Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Just putting the results on to a spreadsheet and noticed that even if the points had been tied we would still have won on weight.

[center]BY 5 ounces[/center] Image Image

Norwich 277lb 11 oz
London 278lb
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Full results by section

Well the day didnt start too well as we didnt draw the envelope with what I consider 2 of the better pegs in it including peg 6 which has won the match for the last 2 years. I did manage to get up the deeper favoured end of the lake but peg 5 is not one of my favourites and in my section I was up against Gary the winner 2 years ago in a good peg 7, Martin one of Norwichs best anglers in peg 6 and Colin round the corner in another good peg 11.
Gary and I did our best to put Martin off by reminding him that he was in the winning peg from previous years and that he would be expected to get over a ton from it. ;)
I had met up with Chris V again at breakfast and a quick chat with him and a couple of his open match buddies gave me some much needed info about the peg. Thanks Chris Image. They told me that it was a slightly deeper tight in virtually where you put the left hand keepnet and to make sure I put both nets to the right side so I could fish on a top two down there. Not being one to pass up top class info I did as I was told and plumbing up showed them to be right.
I set up a 0.3 g MW power diamond to fish the deepest part of the peg around 3ft at 9 metres and a 4x12 Malman thicko for the margin rig. At the all in I fed a pot of 4mm pellet and hemp out and a handfull each in the edge by the clump of sedges in the relatively deep margin( just under 2ft)

Things didnt start well as I struggled to get a bite out on pellet while Martin got a couple of small carp straight away and he also had lots of carp showing in the shallow water off the point of the island. A change to maggot got me a few small roach and a 1lb crucian. After an hour and little to show and noone else setting the place alight a look down the edge brought a positive bite and resulted in a 4lb carp in the net quickly followed by another one and then a quiet spell.
I wasnt bothered by this as the fish often come on in the last 2 hours to give the bulk of the weight and I was content to put a bit in the net to prepare for the onslaught later on. Martin meanwhile was chopping and changing fro feeder to waggler to long pole and nicking a couple of smaller fish on each but I knew he needed 3 or 4 of his carp to match one of mine.
Well the day turned into a bit of a scratching day, catch a fish or 2 and then have to wait before getting another one and it seemed to be the same for everyone.
Still they WILL come on in the last 2 hours wont they?

No they didnt I carried on the same as before only getting 5 carp in the last 2 hours with them getting a bit smaller. A 2lb barbel helped before my last fish with 5 mins to go took off towards the island ending with a 2lb tench on steroids. I estimated I had 14 carp for 38lb and about 7lb of silvers. The guy on peg 2 said he had over the ton but with only one carp net in and a 70lb limit per net I doubted that. Still he could have beaten me and knowing Colin had a dozen carp in the first 2 hours I thought I was looking at 3rd in the section, good team points but a bit disappointing.

Well the scales always tell the truth and so it proved with peg 2 having 47lb it was going to be close but my carp averaged over 3lb apiece and with Colin only getting smaller fish plus a blank 2 hours his 18 carp went 33lb. So it was top points for me and 3rd overall to go with my win last year. Image

Bad luck to Tony who finished 2nd again and also beaten by the same 5lb margin. Image

All in all a hard days fishing for most but a cracking team performance with everyones points being important. Well done everyone. Image
al
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by al »

well done dave tony and the team
nice write up Image Image Image