If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

The floating Pole!!!! Is it Fishing ?????

You know the score, Wind-up the other Members here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

Worminator

Unread post by Worminator »

Would like like to hear you guys thoughts on this subject.

After Saturdays match at Chubbs, when i had Lasher next to me and in the first 3+ hours in hadn't had much of anything to mention, then out came the floating pole and he did 30 pound in the last hour and put me in to 4th place, plus he lost his whole pole after a fish pulled it out of his hand ( ye Right ).

I don't think that it should be aloud in the club! "hanging" fish is just not fishing to me, its very hard on the mouths of fish and puts undue strain on the pole, i haven't yet read an article in any fishing tabloid and heard any of the top guys winning matches with this method or it even mentioned!, well kept secret?? or just not tolerated?, if you want to fish shallow but a float on, many many matches are won this why not only on the pole but the wag as well. Whats next using a net and dragging your peg???

Sorry, but Izak Walton would be turning in his grave!
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

if u ban this method several people will be unhappy, jr,lasher, and im sure geoff uses this method too.forgive me if im wrong.

the thing is there is no skill involved in this, just brutality..and thats why people dont like it..its not natural fishing .
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

its also very bad for your pole as les found out, he was a very lucky guy on saturday.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

I don't agree with it and alot of place's limit the length you can fish at or ban floating pole altogether. Which is a good thing imo.
Did he not get back his pole Image surely he didnt leave a fish dragging round however many meters of pole round the pool ?
You could have done with Malc from Maggotdrowners there, he would have got it back :D
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

its just another method, in some ways its good for fishing in that it takes the skill out of it so levels the playing field giving poorer anglers a chance of a brown envelope.

Its also a method that i dont agree with, along with floating baits.
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

if u ban this method several people will be unhappy, jr,lasher, and im sure geoff uses this method too.forgive me if im wrong.

the thing is there is no skill involved in this, just brutality..and thats why people dont like it..[highlight]its not natural fishing [/highlight].

Neither are "commercial carp puddles" :-X
Did anyone read Keith Arthur in AT relating to getting back to proper fishing. He discusses the latest "pulla elastic system" and berates it, saying it "makes up for anglers inadequacies" and in his book "has no part to play in the match angling he cherishes". Image
Not exactly the floating pole, but another slant on Yamos comment on what is and isn't "natural fishing"
Question is, "WHAT IS NATURAL FISHING?" :-/
Mark_Stanaway
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Mark_Stanaway »

the thing is there is no skill involved in this, just brutality..and thats why people dont like it..[highlight]its  not natural fishing [/highlight].

Neither are "commercial carp puddles"  :-X
Did anyone read Keith Arthur in AT relating to getting back to proper fishing. He discusses the latest "pulla elastic system" and berates it, saying it "makes up for anglers inadequacies" and in his book "has no part to play in the match angling he cherishes".  Image
Not exactly the floating pole, but another slant on Yamos comment on what is and isn't "natural fishing"
Question is, "WHAT IS NATURAL FISHING?"  :-/
Image harpoon mate :D
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

bare in mind ive only been fishing properly for about 5 years mr v, so my definition of natural fishing might differ greatly to yours- natural fishing for me is using float or feeder-where some skill is used...these new techniques many of which are crude and not fish friendly..like the candle jr was using saturday,pulla bungs,hand lining etc are all not natural
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

Candle?? Enlighten please.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

"Surface Candles"
The Surface Candle has been a devastating way to catch carp in recent years. It was developed to replace the controller float, as it looks a lot more natural and sits flat on top of the water. You can use it to fish dog biscuits or floating pellets, but it is also just as good fishing a pellet or boilie 6 to 12 inches deep.

http://www.kobrafeeders.co.uk/site/1353061/page/663992
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

Thanks Si, consider myself enlightened, by a candle!
MGB