If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Colemans Cottage 16th May09

Marsh Results and Reports.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

Well things didnt go quite to plan as a couple expected didnt turn up, which meant we had spare pegs round the sheltered part of the island which I could have used to spread some people out a bit and leave more room.

Still I started with the usual breakfast collecting the money at the same time as eating. ( see very multitalented). Chris V came along to introduce himself ( did he recognise my finely honed body or was it my words to some members to stop being so tight and get their money out).
After shaking hands with him and then checking to make sure my watch was still on my wrist I did the draw.

As the wind was very strong blowing down the lake into pegs 7 and 8 these looked the favoured draw with those between 9 and 15 getting some shelter from the relentless gale. Unfortunately my compatriots left me peg 16 this week , stuck in the wind and shallow to 7 metres out Image. Colin ended up getting peg 7, one off his favourite peg, with a good depth close in.

The whole lake didnt fish well mainly due to the high winds for most making presentation very difficult and as anticipated the weights were down on previous years.

Thats 2 wins and a 7th for Colin and 2 seconds and a win for me from our first 3 matches. Can anyone stop the terrible twosome as we roll on to Rockells? Image Image Image
MALC
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MALC »

Following the hick ups in the week it went well in the end. Image

If the wind was anything lke it was at Clattercote then i feel for you all. ::)
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Nasty habit you pair have got going there :D

Well done Colin and Dave Image Image
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

Yet another disappointing day for the intrepid souls on Saturday partly due to the howling gale we endured and partly to the curse of "I didn't want to be at that end of the lake"
After the usual splendid breakfast and banter  Image it was time for the draw - the favoured pegs are usually 1-15 especially with the wind blowing into that end so of course I did the complete opposite and drew 26  Image not where I wanted to be especially with Dave's encouraging "that's a sh*te peg".
And so it proved, after plumbing around the deepest I could find was a colossal 15 inches  :o so the omens were not good.
The island was about 11metres away which on a reasonably calm day would have been fine but keeping the rig still in that wind proved  impossible and it was whipping backwards and forwards constantly, after about half an hour i'd had a couple of quick bites that I failed to hit and then the third time I think the wind struck for me just as the float went under and I was connected to one unhappy carp but after a few minutes of fighting the fish and the wind the hook pulled. Image
I could see Al land a few and Tony had a couple but apart from that it was fairly dismal our end, my arms were now complaing at the constant battering so decided to come in closer but that was just as fruitless - this was a bit like Pea Lane re-visited. After three hours I had managed two small carp which probably weighed in under 2lb, Al was still catching and so was Tony but couldn't see how anybody else was doing and Simon opposite was starting to catch a few on the feeder between the islands. The last hour proved to be the best with one of the margins showing a little bit of life and managed to winkle out another 4 carp and a tench but they were all pretty small for a total weight of 15lb 4oz.
Colin obviously made full use of drawing one of the best pegs - well done to him - and to Dave and AL for their 2nd and 3rd.
Slightly off topic I was disappointed to see that a lot of the greenery that not only sheltered you a bit from the elements but also attract the fish had been hacked away giving the lake a distinctly bare look - I think they've rather spoilt it. Image

Hee's hoping that Rockells provides a better day for all.
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Unread post by keith »

Albeit a windy day. it fished hard and even Colin had to wait for his first fish. Another enjoyable day out with the lads and cannot wait for Rockells. Good to meet up with a few old faces.
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
Bill_G
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Bill_G »

when you say OLD FACES i take it you are talking about froggy collier Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by keith »

Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

Sorry to have missed this one, or maybe not reading the reports. Image
I'll be back for Rockalls. Image

Nicely blogged Keith, but where are the photo's? Image
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
Chris V
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Chris V »

Nice blog Keith Image Image but how tall did you think i was??
Before you ask a tad under 6ft.
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by keith »

Chris I don't know really. It was not mean't to be funny.It was just an impression. I am so short that I have to look upto to most people anyway. Except Clive of course.
al
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by al »

nice blog keith
when are you inviting a couple of southern fishers
up to alders Image Image
Clive
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Clive »

You had to look up to see me on the results board Keith :P :D
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Now now Clive.  Although he had to look up to find you he didnt have to look very far. Image Image Image Image
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by keith »

You are all welcome to come upto Alders anytime you want. Alders is closed on mondays though. Let me know how many are interested and I will try to book it up for a match.

Clive

I have come to the conclusion that you have a distinct advantage over us "lofties" that you are nearer the water level. Whereas we tend to skyline ourselves. Image
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

Clive

I have come to the conclusion that you have a distinct advantage over us "lofties" that you are nearer the water level. Whereas we tend to skyline ourselves. Image

Quality Keith. Image
Image Image Image Image

Let us know about a date for Alders Keith, I wouldn't mind another visit. ;)
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Thanks for the insight into how the day went Keith Image - sorry the Image wondered down south ;)
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by keith »

Looks as if its Pete and Al then for a match at Alders. :)
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Dont forget Colin and I. I did talk to you at Colemans about it. :'(
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by keith »

Upto 5 any more. Doesn't have to be just from Marsh AC. Do some of our canal bashing friends fancy a day out?
Clive
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Clive »

Stick me down please Keith - Date depending etc :)