If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Cashmores Curse Match 7.....wave the white flag

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well I use the term 'match' but today was no contest and turned into a massacre once Yamo’s golden drawing arm continued to pull out the cock peg.

Yamo drew the cock peg by the back island, the peg which HaHa broke the then Cashmore’s match record with about 58lb two years ago.

Possibly ‘feeling the pressure’, before the off Yamo was trying to convince young Shaunie, who’d recovered from this bank holiday hangover, that his island was the cock peg and that all of Chubbs recent matches had been won of the tyre peg, rather than the tin island he was on.

Sandwiched in-between young Shaunie, fishing into open water with no feature was BDM – true to form  :'(

Well the pressure was well and truelly off Yamo as from first put in he was into fish. Fish after fish, bite after bite.

after an hour and half, BDM adopted chapter 3 of Fert’s feeding regime when he dumped in 3 tins of green giant in an attempt to distract the carp that were queuing to hang themselves on Yamo’s red hollo core. It worked for all of 10 minutes when Yamo went without a bite, normally ample time to catch 1 3lb’er and lose 3 more.

Half way thru a certain disgruntled Mr Ludgate was adamant that his user name be changed given Yamos current dipping form at the draw bag.

BDM was in trouble, fish were being caught all around the pool and he’d got that COD feeling – being battered both sides - as young Shaunie also picked of some resident chub shoaling round his island.

Two thirds thru, Yamo was owning up to 75lb – the record was in the bag. All he wanted was another 25lb to break that mystical ton goal that he’s set his sights on – why the fascination with a ton of scalies I know not – give me 5lb of gudgeon any day.  Image :D

The only way BDM who was sick to death of seeing Yamo’s elastic being pulled within 30 sec of every put in, was gain any pleasure from the day, made his prophetic statement – ‘you’ll do 99lb 12 oz’.

Was that 100lb plus that Yamo had lost off the hook to prove costly  Image

An hour to go, Golden Balls had packed up and tipped his couple of bits back. The Wedge was rumoured to be catching well but HaHa was having a ballacher. :D

Best laff of the day – some idiot floating the pole that lost all 11 sections when a 1/2lb bit took off with the pole. Won’t let my feelings be known on this one – dare say others will have their opinion.

At last the whistle. BDM had also made the statement that if he was done off both sides, that was it, he was going back to the rivers and cuts – Chockie Monster got any places in your team? Was the few silvers he’d sneaked on caster up in the water on a 1lb bottom enough to do young Shaunie?

Time for the scales – and what a ta ta that turned out to be  :o

Young Shaunie 12lb odd

BDM 14lb dead – although if HaHa had weighed his silvers a bit quicker he wouldn’t have been done by the Wedges 14lb 2oz

Yamo – well what a farce – Yamo I think is not too pleased. I’ve heard 3 weights called now……………..but the official weight the results secretary passed to me in the carpark was 99 – 3 – 0………(although 99 -12 - 0 sounds better)

Ah well – well done Yamo  Image There’s always another day – plenty of more fish in the sea and all that – but that record might stand for some time – cuss we’ll probably cock it up at Izaac Walton, the only place I can think that we’ve got that could challenge it – and don’t forget – we’ve got 8 rivers and 7 cuts to look forward to next year.  Image

Results
1 Yamo 99 – 3 – 0
2 Geoff Cashmore 36 – 6 -0
3 Lasher – complete with pole – 33 -7 – 0
4 Rich Cashmore 21 – 9 -0
5 Zorro 18 – 10 – 0
6 Heinzer 16 – 1 - 0

Cotti who was at the top of the leader board bombed out with 4lb odd

Ain’t heard from MrV, KOD and HaHa  Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Well done TK, great reading  Image Least you never got battered from both side, you sounded a bit down on the phone. So you did OK. ;)
Well done to YAMO for a cracking weight, unlucky about not breaking the ton, I bet the fish spat out 1 pound of water while waiting to be weighed lol  :P Image
Backup weights are more than half again behind  Image  Image Peggy place by and chance then   :D
Who was on the scales ? and I know you ain't got any pictures but have you got peg numbers to go with those results TK please??

Well done to the new GOLDEN BALLS

:D :D Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Firstly, well done Yamo.  Image Cock peg or not, you still have to put the fish in the net. I was demoralised after an hour by TK's running commentary "Yamos in again"  :'(  I again drew next to KOD, who shall now be re-named "Kitty Kat" (tiddles sounds a bit soft for him  Image ) I think we compliment each other in as much as we both have Sh**e results when next to each other  :P
I had a total of approximately 20 bites, which resulted in 5 smallish carp and half a dozen silvers for a grand weight of 11lb odd.  :-/ Could not catch on the deck, apart from 2 hand sized skimmers on luncheon meat. Had all my fish up in the water on wag and mag.
I think I may spend the rest of the season on the newly acquired stretch of the Curly Wyrley til the "proper matches" start again on the rivers  ::) (Only joking  Image )
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I think we compliment each other in as much as we both have Sh**e results when next to each other  :P

MrV - now you know why I christened Mr Dean the 'KOD' Image - after many similar experiences
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

but have you got peg numbers to go with those results TK please??

Well done to the new GOLDEN BALLS

:D :D Image Image

Yep - the new GB - and to think of it, a couple of months ago he was pretending to be the Master of all Bum Draw Masters  ::)

A really good performance by Yamo - I'd have probably finished with my customary sub 20lb bag off there - looks like I would have had to step up from my 0.08 straight thru rigs

Yamo was on permanent peg 21  - have a look at Google maps - you'll see the island down at the back straight.

In the last 3 years the island has produced our winners, and todays 3rd - Lasher with 33lb on the lost pole was next peg to Yamo on the other side of the island - with Rich C next to him so yes it is a bit peggy.

Zorro was at the end of the bigger island (on the 'low' nos - our peg 4 with Geoff C next door on 5) Heinzer two away on our 7
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

Wasnt gonna say much if anything at all, but i think tk has warranted a response..

1/ yes i drew well today.. but like mr v said you still gotta catch the fish.

2/ according to a young guy fishing in between ball it in baker and vesty the tyres mini island has been producing the best weights recently, hence why i said to shawnie. i want shanwnie to do well, he is young keen and getting better all the time,words of encouragement can only help.

3. the fuss about a ton, is that its a landmark weight, something ive never done in a match,today was my chance and i was gutted. especially considering i lost 20+ plus fish.

4. tk, nice to know you SACRAFICED 3 tins of corn just to try n stop myself from catching and also a big thanks for the running commentary-i wouldnt have done it without you.

5. finally still havent buried any fert' demons
now that im fully fertilised i feel im ready for a rematch on the cut.

Would also like to say thank you to most of cashmore's guys for their post match congrats.Special mention to ha ha , who despite having a bad day at the office, was an absolutely fantastic sport and whose kind words meant alot.
THE_WEDGE

Unread post by THE_WEDGE »

yo all had a loff but my prediction was right, with the warm weather and high pressure it only needed a cock peg and someone who knew what to do with it, and 58lb was a distant memory.
WELL DONE YAMO.
(wish i'd drew it!) :'(
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

thanks paul.
;)
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

if its any consolation just been to kev's pool and had an absolute nightmare.

what did rowly weight in yesterday on the candle? i think micky baker had 16lb 5oz. anyone know kod's weight?
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Yamo - not sure about Ball it in Bakers weight as it wasn't included in the top 6 list MGB gave me.

Think KOD did 15lb summat and MrV 11 or 12, but don't know about the Rolly Polepot.

Heard there were a few casualties on the pole front - as well as young Shaunie testing that swingtip pole prototype, heard big Geoff saw another section or two off and that Heinzer's no6 went  Image

Also heard that Phyllis Pearce who was quietly confident of 5lb ended up weighing in ounces when his solitary carp missed the weighing sling and made a successful bid for freedom back in the pool  :o

ps - I got it in the neck from Heinzer last night because he said you'd spent 2 hours in casualty after the match seeking treatment for a perforated left ear drum............... Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

Yamo - not sure about Ball it in Bakers weight as it wasn't included in the top 6 list MGB gave me.

Think KOD did 15lb summat and MrV 11 or 12, but don't know about the Rolly Polepot.

Heard there were a few casualties on the pole front - as well as young Shaunie testing that swingtip pole prototype, heard big Geoff saw another section or two off and that Heinzer's no6 went  Image

Also heard that Phyllis Pearce who was quitly confident of 5lb ended up weighing in ounces when his solitary carp missed the weighing sling and made a successful bid for freedom back in the pool  :o

ps - I[highlight] got it in the neck from Heinzer last night because he said you'd spent 2 hours in casualty after the match seeking treatment for a perforated left ear drum............... Image
[/highlight]

aye , i could your voice in my sleep last night...funny thing was when i came round to your peg at the end of match, you werent there, there was some taliban terrorist there! :D

looking forward to chubbs again next year. :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

:D :D :D

I'd seriously made my mind up before yesterdays battering off the next peg that Chubbs was off the list next year - that's a couple of 'lost' cheques, run a round after keys - especially when the blokes gone on hols  Image - plus the final straw was we didn't have a match there on Wed when Roberto rang to see if he could pick up the key..............
However I might have to rethink cuss if I exclude it it could now be construed as sour grapes...............................besides I want a bash at that island peg next   :D

...................to see if I can do 20lb of silvers off it  ;)
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

best thing about chubbs is its locality, but i agree it is peggy. id love a match on horns,willows or misterton again please.hint hint ;) ;)

im sure no one would think sour grapes if you didnt book it tk...afterall we've had it last 3 years.why not try pastures new.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Trouble is everywhere tends to be 'peggy' - also climatic conditions/winds can strongly influence which bank catches etc. :(

That's one of the beauties of going to new places that you know little about - you don't tend to be 'gutted' at the draw bag cuss you don't know if it's any iffy peg or not

All three of your suggestions are high on the hit list Yamo, particularly Misterton...........tried for this year with no success (no call backs to left messages etc) :'(
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

top man tk, i look forward to seeing the delights you come up with.please no more trips to greengore lane tho.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

You can take Greengore as a no no .........we've been beat by it twice :'( Besides we've got time for a few gruellers on our new cut :D
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

gruller series being planned for this year?any surprises up your sleeve tk?
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

gruller series being planned for this year?any surprises up your sleeve tk?

I hope so Image

YAMO get rid of that smurf lol :D
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

tk looked like that smurf the other day with his bandana on ! :D

will send u pic to put on for me mate if u can
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin