If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Brookfields Fishery

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

cheslynboy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Fishing is relaxing except when on matches
Match Team/ Club: Rough Hay A C

Brookfields Fishery

Unread post by cheslynboy »

Having a day off today due to van being poorly in the garage Goughy and myself decided to try brookfields.
One problem we didn't take into concideration was the gale force winds, the pool as some of you might know is a bit exposed but fishing is fishing.
I set up on the peg where the outlet comes in from the pond behind chucked out a good few handfuls of pellet at about 7 mtrs anything longer than that would have been suicidal.
Put a few grains of corn down the nearside to my left and then concentrared on the 7 mtr line.
First 30 minutes nothing not a tremble of the float but i wasn't surprised i could hardly hold the pole with the high wind, then it shot under under .......yep missed it so on with another piece of corn and low and behold a fish a bream around 2 lbs at least i hadn't dry netted.
Over the next hour i had a few fish nothing exceptional but i wasn't sitting there like a garden nome.
Still perservering with the corn i was finaly rewarded with a carp that was approx 3to 4 lbs
My fishing partner Goughy was really suffering in the wind so he decided to move to calmer waters i was nearly tempted to follow, but stuck it out.
For some unknown reason the wind increased even more we now had waves that looked like the north sea so decided to try the inside that i'd been feeding with a few pellets and grains of sweetcorn.
On with the sweetcorn promptly missed a bite but at least something was there so back in and straight away the float shot under and a hybrid about a 1lb landed.
Then as it was only a pleasure session i decided to experiment feed pellet and fish bread punch over the top oh boy what a move ok i caught loads of rudd up to 6 ozs and roach a shade bigger but then the carp moved in.
First carp took off like an express train only fishing 8 elastic so was a bit nervous but duly landed around 6lbs then another rocket of a bite elastic was halfway to one of the islands till the hook pulled out ( i love barbless hooks) undaunted kept feeding the pellet and fishing the bread more rudd and roach with the occasional hybrid thrown in, then what could have been the fish of the day instead of the heartache a carp took off i managed to stop the first run but not the second one hook pulled out and low and behold it had straightned a 911 hook, i know there are big carp in Brookfields and i reckoned i'd just connected with one.
Still undaunted just peeved carried on and to cut a long story short had a few more carp and a nice tench around 2.5lbs all in all a good day not a massive weight but certainly worth the £5 i payed.
I reckon a weight of around 25 -30 lb not bad for a gale force day Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Brookfields Fishery

Unread post by Simple »

Not bad indeed mate. Have you read the report from when we fished it lol Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Brookfields Fishery

Unread post by Simple »