If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

CASHMORES CURSE- WOODCOTE HALL -MATCH

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

well well well.. a venue that produced 130lb plus bags a week ago and 80lb nets just 2 days ago felt the wrath of the cashmore's curse. Was happy with my draw altho tommy cooper's margin swim was feeding my keepnet. happy-ish in the end coming 5th, altho losing 9 fish(5 foul hookers) and breaking 6th section of pole was not so good.

1st- john rowlands 24lb- he's stringing us all along
2nd- zorro -22lb- caught steadily on pellet
3rd- cotty 20lb--all on bread punch allegedly
4th ha ha- 18lb odd- a real massive' beastie in his net
5th -yamo- 16lb-pellet n corn

other weights off top of my head

mr v 3lb odd
tk- 6lb odd
wedge 11lb
mgb 10lb
heinzer 5lb odd
kod 7lb ( out of jail)

silvers werent feeding at all today. . . the curse well and truly struck. To make things worse it was the knock out too.

moment of the day for me was mick kenn's beastie fish that went thru 4 angler's line. ill let tk explain
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Well, what a differsnce 3 days makes Image I walked round the lake on Wednesday and there was a Goodyear match on there. Sat with the bloke on the peg I drew yesterday and picked his brains. He was catching steady feeding pellet and fishing small cubes of meat or corn on the deck. Said he couldnt buy a bite shallow.
So I set up similar gear and.........3.5 hours later, not a bite :'(
Had set a waggler rod up, and been firing a few pieces of meat and corn past the pole line. I gave it a go for 10 minutes, and hooked a carp which I netted safely. Another 20 mins brought no more action, so started ladling handfulls of corn into the right margin, and handfuls of meat and hemp into the left margin. :-[
15 minutes to go, I hooked another carp to my left margin, but the hook pulled at the net. :-/
5 minutes form time, missed a bite. Whistle blows, deep joy. 3lb 4oz weighed. Never fished for 5 hours before with only 3 bites to show for it >:( >:(
Well done Roly, who stuffed me good and proper off the next peg Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Was it the "Goodyears" that I fish with Paul ? If so I will ask them how they did.
Your right, different day means everything is different. Fishing is never predictable is it Image :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

As the Chocky Monster said, 15s probably the most it can take for 'decent weights'
That's the 'headache' of having a 'successful' club - we usually average 20 per match but we've had 25 turn out for the last 2 matches.
As for myself I set my stall out for 2 fish an hour which I didn't think was 'unreasonable'. No maggots etc graced my bait tray, primarily I based my attack (LOL if thats the right word!!!) on pellet and corn with meat as a change hook bait.
Instead of 2 fish an hour over the 5 hours I ended up with a bite an hour and 2 fish only - one on pole and pellet and one on first chuck (within 5 secs - must have put it on his nose) on the wag with corn.
As I moaned during the day, that aint my idea of fishing - I'd prefer to catch 2lb gudgeon anyday.
Anyway if I don't return to my canal roots fulltime given the anticipation of further curse matches on these carp puddles, next time I grace Woodcotes banks I'm fishing slop, squatt, pinkie and caster - I'd enjoy catching 3lb roach more than weighing in 2 carp for 6lb12.
Anyway the Zorro bandwagon rolls on.............megga points scored again for the MA leaderboard Image