If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Zorro slashes the opposition to ribbons

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Broadacres - Curse match 5
25 fished

Zorro collected more Midland Angler points in this thrilling boring encounter.............

A day when those on the leaderboard all caught 'bonus' fish.

Fish of the day was Cotti's pet chub which must have gone 4-5lb

1. Zorro 13-5-0 Peg 15
2. The Wedge 12-4 -0 Peg 7
3. KOD 11.15.0 Peg 16
4. MrV 11-0-0 Peg 25
5. Cotti 7-1-0 Peg 14
6. Golden Balls 6-11-0 Peg 21

Others forumites
HaHa 6lb odd peg 6
BDM 5-9-0 peg 3
Heinzer 5-1-0 peg 5
MGB think it was 4lb odd off peg 10
Yamo 3lb odd peg 1

ME will be pleased to learn that BDM caught gudgeon on pellet, corn, worm, double caster and double mag......in fact anything he put on his hook. Sadly they were 100 to the lb jobies, not like them mini barbel up on Little Onn :'(
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

poor match on the whole, far too many small roach attacking whatever bait you put in the water. with no island swim to fish to unlike most others i managed 4lb of the little sods and lost 3 carp which judging by the size of em may have put me in the frame. not the best day on the whole altho the sandwich before the match must go down as one of the best. maybe it was barbara who was making them?
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Might be worth a trip there then just for the butty Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

poor match on the whole, [highlight]far too many small roach attacking whatever bait you put in the water.[/highlight] with no island swim to fish to unlike most others i managed 4lb of the little sods and lost 3 carp which judging by the size of em may have put me in the frame. not the best day on the whole altho the sandwich before the match must go down as one of the best. maybe it was barbara who was making them?

THIS MIGHT BE CAUSE WE FISHED THE SILVERFISH POOL :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Yep KOD - but Lasher and Rolly Polepot fished it a week last Fri and 'sacked up' - loads of 4-8oz tench (can't remember anyone catching a tench when I weighed in) plus loads of roach knocking the lb mark. My roach were 40 to the lb - even those I caught on the 4mm pellet

Never had the excitement of a tug off anything remotely decent - even thought I fished 95% of the match on 0.08m straight threw in an attempt to provoke the gods and get smashed up.

Set my stall out hoping for 5lb of silvers per hour but if I got plagued by beasties I was 'prepared' but in reality I never even managed a 1lb for every rig I'd got set up  :'(
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

even thought I fished 95% of the match on 0.08m straight threw in an attempt to provoke the gods and get smashed up.

He must have known your plan mate. But I like your style of thinking  Image Image

Didn't you get any pictures Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

No - the camera rarely comes out on a Curse match - the guys are all too shy (or is it that they don't want you to see whats on their trays or what gear they've got set up :-X Image)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Latest league curse standings

1. MrV 144 pts
2. Cotti 134 pts
3. Zorro 127 pts
4. HaHa 126 pts
5. BDM 123 pts
6. The Wedge 118 pts
7. Yamo 112 pts
10. KOD & Heinzer 90 pts
13. MGB 70 pts
21. Golden Balls 21 pts

That bloke who is hanging onto 5th place can only do better, he's done nowt so far this season Image