If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

You just can't afford.........

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

.........to let Mr V draw an end 'downstream' peg Image

All will be revealed in the morn............. Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Mr V destroyed the opposition (17 fished) on a cruel and unyielding Staffs Worcs canal. Drawing downstream peg number 1 he was always going to be the one to beat.
The Wedge's drawing arm loosed him down and he was no where near a bridge.
BDM's course of PMA payed off better than predicted as he only had to walk 4 pegs   :D

Back to the match..........

Mr V employed tactics from the 80's - pehaps he may divulge to all later - and virtually sealed his victory by putting 1lb gobies in the net in the first hour.
On the hour and quarter KOD and the next 3 pegs - BDM & Yamo included - got wiped out by a townie who hadn't a clue how to steer his boat. The boat crashed into KODs far bank, creating a new feature, which proved to be crucial as he exploited the newly found indent to have a run a tidlders  in the last 15 mins. After toing and froing in KODs peg to try to get ungrounded the boat then proceded to scrape its bottom along the far bank of the next 4 anglers.
Cotti just escaped this ******** boater and continued plundering a far bank bush on his beloved punch, catching all thru from the off
Rich Cash smashed his 4th section on his Tournie - a dear day, coupled with the fact he hooked a lump late on in the track, which probably would have overturned the eventual winner only to have it shake it's head, and come off  :'(

No dry nets but a typical curse match............

Results off the top of my head

1 Mr V   3lb 6oz ? drams
2 Cotti     1 - 12 - ?
3 Zorro    1 - 0 - 2
4 Ha Ha    0 - 13 - 10
5 BDM 0 - 13 - 0  (Thanks Mr V - thought you could have been a bit more generous on the scales for me to do Ginger   :D
6 Heinzer  0 - 12 - ?

KOD did 5 oz summat and Yamo and The Wedge both 3 oz summats each but don't know who beat who.
Didn't see MGB weigh in

Big disappointment of the day - Golden Balls - not turning out to this club match but rumoured to have gone to Woodland View instead  >:(
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Mr V employed tactics from the 80's - pehaps he may divulge to all later - and virtually sealed his victory by putting 1lb gobies in the net in the first hour.[/highlight]  >:(

Spot on TK. Simplest canal tactics known to man  :-/
Peg was very shallow over. 3" on some bits of hanging in grass. 6" a meter short of that and 9" 2 meters form the grass  Image
Small reed bed on inside with a bottomless 15" just over them...oh joy, gudgeon me thinks.
Sent the little un off to collect me some molehill soil while I set up.  1.5 mtr whip for inside anda 4x No 10 shot rig for 9 meters with a 2x No 10 rig for 11 meters.
Mixed up some dried bloodmeal into a soup, added 1/2 pint riddled molehill soil and about 20 squatts.
For over, 1/2 pint of supercup ith about 20 grains of hemp and about 20 squatts.
On the off, 2 x golf balls of supercup at 9 mtrs, a golf ball piece of molehill to my left and right inside.
10 mins before first gudgeon, then regular for about 40 mins. Wiped out inside by a boat, so over for a few small roach. Just started to put a few together then got wiped out both sides by 2 crossing boats  :'(
Wind made it difficult to spot bites, whatever coloured float I put on, but kept em coming to death, finishing up cupping small ball of sloppy supercup into 3" of water, and having a few 2oz samples in last 20 mins  Image

I think Cashmores are being generous to me as a new member with their selection of venues (4 cut matches on the trot) but you lads will be able to teach me a few things when we go puddling   :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Whats with the use of Mr Angry smiley, Mr V?  :'(

Looks like I'd better keep  :-X in future  ;)

ps...........how old's that blood? Can you still get it these days?

Perhaps I should have dug a bag of 20+ year old picardie out Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

[highlight]Whats with the use of Mr Angry smiley, Mr V?[/highlight]  :'(

Sorry mate, used the wrong one  ::)
If you want dried bloodmeal, just ask  Image
I would give my right drawing arm for a bag of picardie.............cant find any anywhere  :'(
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Hot off the press via email from MGB

Apologies for the original inaccuracies and selling one or two short............

Revised results

1 P Vernon peg 1 3.6.4
2 R Cotterell peg11 1.15.6
3 D Jeffery peg19 1.0.10
4 M Stanaway peg10 0.13.10
5 TK peg 9 0.13.0
6 K Best peg3 0.12.12 GP
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

[highlight]BDM & Yamo included - got wiped out by a townie who hadn't a clue how to steer his boat. The boat crashed into KODs far bank, creating a new feature, which proved to be crucial as he exploited the newly found indent to have a run a tidlders  in the last 15 mins. After toing and froing in KODs peg to try to get ungrounded the boat then proceded to scrape its bottom along the far bank of the next 4 anglers.
Cotti just escaped this ******** boater and continued plundering a far bank bush on his beloved punch, catching all thru from the off [/highlight]

Hey TK, Whats all this slagging off our wonderfull boating fraternity then? I'll have you know that its very difficult to steer a narrow boat through a bridge hole, especially with a strong cross wind on the other side. They were on a hire boat so were obviously novices so I think more understanding is required here. Next time I suggest that the anglers affected should remove the terminal tackle and offer their poles over to the stricken boat and let the skipper use them to pull his boat off the shallows. I'm sure that this gesture would be much appreciated and knowing boaters the way I do, I'm sure the skipper would gladly compensate for any damaged poles in the process!!
MGB

{Its still April !st when I wrote this}
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Yep MGB, point taken, I remember how daunting it was having a steer of your craft. :D

Crash aside, once off KODs far bank, the novice proceded up the cut right across, seemingly making no attempt (at this stage anyway) to move to the track Image

The suffering anglers I would add did not offer any abuse or comment in the novices direction but just grinned it out ............. :'(
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

firstly saying mr v 'destroyed the opposition is a bit over the top.its fishing after all.

ps:Please in future do not start topics with 'YOU JUST CAN'T AFFORD.....' unless appropriate - it's only Cashmores AC..................I thought somebody had financial difficulties it when I first saw it

thanks ;)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I'd alter it if I could from 'You just can't afford...........' to something like 'Mr V thrashes us again on the cut' if I could but I've lost my modification powers at the mo. :P

I also certainly don't mind getting thrashed if I can learn something from someone whose streets ahead of me at the game. Image Thats why I fished for teams and learnt a load in the process..............and one of the primary reasons I joined Cashmores in the first place

However here might be a genuine posting 'You just cant afford......' type message with the financial implications anyway if Ginger Tom gets his way, cuss he's sure the guys will all stand an increase in subs from £25 to £75 to fish 15 puddles next year. Well it won't be next year, possibly 2009, unless he cancels the bookings I already have in place for 2008 when he gets into power at the AGM in November. :o
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

I'd alter it if I could from 'You just can't afford...........' to something like 'Mr V thrashes us again on the cut' if I could but I've lost my modification powers at the mo.  :P

I also certainly don't mind getting thrashed if I can learn something from someone whose streets ahead of me at the game.  Image Thats why I fished for teams and learnt a load in the process..............and one of the primary reasons I joined Cashmores in the first place

However here might be  a genuine posting 'You just cant afford......' type message  with the financial implications anyway if Ginger Tom gets his way, cuss he's sure the guys will all stand an increase in subs from £25 to £75 to fish 15 puddles next year. Well it won't be next year, possibly 2009, unless he cancels the bookings I already have in place for 2008 [highlight]when he gets into power at the AGM in November.  [/highlight]:o
Image Image
tell ya TK if ginger tom puts up many more performances like sat he wont make the agm  Image Image Image

It has to be said you must have the patients of a saint  Image

MGB if i ever see them townies again you can rest assured i will remove my terminal tackle and let the have me pole ....................

right were the sun dont shine Image

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

It has to be said you must have the patients of a saint  Image

Sometimes..........but my halo does slip on occasions   :D
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

KOD,
Ive just realised where the strong cross wind was coming from!!!!
MGB
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

[highlight]Well it won't be next year, possibly 2009, unless he cancels the bookings I already have in place for 2008 when he gets into power at the AGM in November. [/highlight]

Well, if that happens, we can all vote for 15 matches on the Avon!!
Mark_Stanaway
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Mark_Stanaway »

YEP OK
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

KOD,
Ive just realised where the strong cross wind was coming from!!!!
MGB

:D :D :D :D

I'll have you know i was the master of diplomacy Image
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

Yeah Yeah, Just remind me never to smell the end of your pole!! Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

:D :D :D :D :D
Mark_Stanaway
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Mark_Stanaway »

YOU JUST CARNT AFFORD TO FISH .............. W/j on a cashmores match when the pay out for first is only £15 MASSIVE ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Why Image Do you fish solely for what you can win?