If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

My day!

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

My day!

Unread post by Woodhouse »

I just hope i've got all my bad luck out of the way for the remainder of 2008!

Saturday 29th November 2008.

With the pegging out completed by 12.15 it was a case of a quick shower followed by a leisurely jog to the pub for a 12.30 kick off for the mighty Wolves...

After a few pints and a few more cans at home while i was doing the draw tickets for todays match on the Walsall canal i didn't need a lot of rocking come 11 o'clock, this was to last until 3am when i was woken by an Ambulance coming up the street, I finally got back to sleep around 4.30am ready for a 5.30 rise.

With the temperature reaching the dizzy heights of -1.5 degrees as i pulled onto the cafe car park i was wrongly wishing i had brought the ice breaker.

After a hearty breakfast and with 18 no shows leaving plenty of gaps in the pegging i really didn't need Mark Eustace coming into the cafe to tell me i had a flat tyre!

I got my pump out and blew the tyre up and dropped the remaining scales at the pegs on my way to my peg 63 draw with the exception of the high number sections. When Motters came walking up from his peg 93 draw i thought my luck was changing as he could drop the last set off on his way back down......No such F**king luck as when i gave him the scales i noticed that a leg had fell out of one of the other 5 sets so a long walk was in order to find the missing set.

With every thing going on, and not getting back to my peg until 9.58, it took about 20 minutes after the all in for me to realise that i was only wearing my light fleece and i was fast finding out how Captain Scott felt as he froze to death.

What happened next really took the P**s...as i was changing rigs i knocked a cigarette out of my mouth and it landed on the towpath...actually thats not strictly true, it landed on a spare top three with the lighten  end just touching the rig long enough for it to burn through the mainline.... Image Image Image

It must be wonderful for anglers like Jon Arthur who after driving over his joker on saturday then turning up on sunday with no money he went and drew peg 23 in the short pound...

Now peg 23 is in the middle of three pegs in the pound and is not normally a good peg with peg 24 next to the bridge much better but with both 22 and 24 undrawn due to the tossers not turning up no shows it left Jon to win the match with 12-10-0 of small roach on bloodworm and joker, approx 250 fish.

Second place Darren Massey was another to benefit with two empty pegs to his right, he also had roach for 12-4-6

result

1st Jon "Taypot" Arthur 12-10-0
2nd Darren " good looking bloke" Massey  12-4-6 (Peg 103)
3rd Mick "Scratchcard" Hatchard 9-10-8 (peg 58)
4th Ian "Al Queda" Moulton 8-8-12 (Peg 11)
5th Alan "The Youngster" Round 8-5-4
6th Jamie " The Drawbag " South 7-12-4

there were another 6 weights over 7lb with the lowest 8 peg section winning weight 6-5-8.

65 fished and in total there were 25 weights of 6lb+
40 weights of 5lb+
54 weights of 4lb+

I had 4-9-11 made up of nearly 200 roach on joker.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

My day!

Unread post by Dodge »

Great weights thems Lee Image nice to see the Walsall Canal back to form. The same happened with me last week on the Mainline when i left all me proper clothing at home Image froze me nuts off and was rough all week :'(.

Seems endpeg can do no wrong at the minute Image Image

Think i will turn into a moaning tw4t if it changes your luck and all that ;) Image Image
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

My day!

Unread post by endpeg »

I'm sure you'll be able to pinch a new tyre from work Lee!

You missed out the part where I also had to borrow some money for a drink in the pub afterwards!

Here's a view of my peg from the bridge. If you look really closely you see some more anglers in the distance!

drawbag

My day!

Unread post by drawbag »

then your day got worse when you looked in the mirror.... :D :D :D :D

i agree with you about people booking in and not turning up without letting you know, it makes it even better for the drawbags...empty pegs all over the place.. >:( >:( >:(
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

My day!

Unread post by endpeg »

Seems endpeg can do no wrong at the minute

Feast or famine for me this season!
Think i will turn into a moaning tw4t if it changes your luck and all that

Stop moaning! Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

My day!

Unread post by Dodge »

Seems endpeg can do no wrong at the minute

Feast or famine for me this season!
Think i will turn into a moaning tw4t if it changes your luck and all that

Stop moaning! Image      

Image Image Image
JJ_Gallagher
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

My day!

Unread post by JJ_Gallagher »

Why don't you have a charge of the peg fee for the people who don't turn up if they book in first(except certain things). If they don't turn up and don't pay don't let them on the next match just a thought
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

My day!

Why don't you have a charge of the peg fee for the people who don't turn up if they book in first(except certain things). If they don't turn up and don't pay don't let them on the next match just a thought

It isn't quite as easy as that JJ...

Most are booked in as team bookings, It was a practice match for the AT winter league.
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

My day!

Unread post by endpeg »

I bet some of those no-shows were from block bookings
JJ_Gallagher
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

My day!

Unread post by JJ_Gallagher »

Just a thought we do it on carp venues and its worked well ask simple Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

My day!

Drawcrap...

What did he lad on your left have today?

I fancied peg 12 to win the match today.....It's a Flyer!
swampy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Tipton till I die!!!

My day!

Unread post by swampy »

the bloke who drew it dow have a clue!! i got a moulton smackin both sides not for the 1st time!! it was the only peg without a reed bed on the inside thats the ony excuse i can think of!! Image
drawbag

My day!

Unread post by drawbag »

i'm saying nothing............ ::) ::) ::)
Chris V
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

My day!

Unread post by Chris V »

I'm sure you'll be able to pinch a new tyre from work Lee!

You missed out the part where I also had to borrow some money for a drink in the pub afterwards!

Here's a view of my peg from the bridge. If you look really closely you see some more anglers in the distance!

crappity smack me!!!! HOW MUCH ROOM. Image Image Image Image Image

Well done Jon. Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

My day!

Unread post by joffmiester »

cant wait to jon on the loughborough canal i wonder how many spare pegs he'l have there Image Image

as for 18 anglers not turning up surely they should at least pay your pegging fee Image Image

if the weathers bad at least phone the organiser up on the morning we are often up at 4.30am Image Image
its not jon's fault he had spare pegs yet it's jon thats getting the grief Image Imageanother flyer,how do you draw pegs like that and so on
blame the 18 did not turn ups you know who you are Image Image Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

My day!

Jon isn't getting grief Joff.....
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

My day!

Unread post by lloydy »

Cracking match lee just a shame all the empty pegs
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

My day!

Unread post by joffmiester »

your day has just got worse mark eustace has just told me he gave you 10/1 on jon winning the match Imageoh dear Image Image
Paul_Murrin
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

My day!

Unread post by Paul_Murrin »

Cracking match lee just a shame all the empty pegs

Well said Dave Image me thinks ATHERSTONE in the Mancetter Area has a lot to live up to again......... :( :(
 good job done by Lee running this practise match Image Image......................... Image
Steve-Knowles

My day!

Unread post by Steve-Knowles »

Sounds like a cracking match lee, just gutted me and dodge couldnt have come down, we had to endure the wigan ditch once more Image