If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Semi final venues...

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Semi final venues...

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Where are they?

North 1 Lindholme
north 2 Hampton springs

Midlands 1 Loughborough canal
Midlands 2 Milton Keynes

South 1 Gold Valley
South 2 Kennet and Avon canal.
Chris V
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Semi final venues...

Unread post by Chris V »

Lee all i know is that the Southern semi is at Gold Valley and the Midlands is at Milton Keynes.
Not happy >:( they have took away your choice of venue and send you to somewhere where alot of our team don`t enjoy fishing.Now IMO thats the way to ruin the Winter League competition.
ropa
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Semi final venues...

Unread post by ropa »

Chris, Mr Wade has to get his top teams there Image Image Mind I don`t think it would effect Dorking wherever it was fished, they would qualify. Seriously thinking what are the benefits of the Angling Times to our winter league >:( Why are we fishing it, cos our league would still fish a winter league regardless of the anglling times. It stinks >:(
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Semi final venues...

so where is your semi Ropa?
ropa
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Semi final venues...

Unread post by ropa »

Linholme mate :o Say no more :-X :-X

Semi final venues...

Unread post by Guest »

Chris, Mr Wade has to get his top teams there Image Image Mind I don`t think it would effect Dorking wherever it was fished, they would qualify. Seriously thinking what are the benefits of the Angling Times to our winter league >:( Why are we fishing it, cos our league would still fish a winter league regardless of the anglling times. It stinks >:(
We have said that many times , in our Humber W/L it always the same two teams that get through , but the other teams are still as keen as anything at the start of the league . The league would still go ahead without A/T . From a personal point of view , it another year that i wont fish a semi as i hate comm's, but hey , at least its closer for the rest of the lads
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Semi final venues...

Unread post by joffmiester »

MIDLANDS what are you calling the midlands then as we are smack in the middle and our semi is on loughborough canal with eight teams in it chris >:( >:( >:(
they might as well invite back the top three in the final it then make the leagues better
Mullarkey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Semi final venues...

Unread post by Mullarkey »

my worst nightmares have been confirmed. assuming we qualify for the semis we`ve got to endure practices and the actual match at Gold Valley. I have got nothing against it being Dorking`s home water just that the place is not a pleasant place to fish.
Apart from the rudeness displayed by certain nameless individuals, the place looks like a bombsite. last time i was there in June the peg I was on had a concrete base which was high off the waters edge, it was difficult not to snag your keepnets on the jagged concrete edges and there were two great big bushes either side of me that prohibited you from moving your rod around. It was a very uncomfortable peg and I saw many other pegs of a similar nature, apart from those on Gold lake which looked like a lunar landscape. After the match we retired to the clubhouse where there were signs everywhere saying don`t do this and don`t do that, the celing in the main bar was hanging down (apparently its been like that a while) and to cap it all two cans of carling lager cost £5! I got the impression that the place was being rundown and thats why I`m not looking forward to going there again. In a perverse way I hope we don`t qualify!
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Semi final venues...

At least in previous years if you won your division you had the option of a natural venue or a commie.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Semi final venues...

mullarkey i thought gold valley was the mecca of all fisheries you had to kiss the ground before entering is that not so anymore Image Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Semi final venues...

Welcome to the site Mullarky.

If you feel like adding your blog to the results i will make it a sticky. I've read it a couple of times of the AT site and enjoyed it very much.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Semi final venues...

[quote]Welcome to the site Mullarky.

Image Image Image Imagewoodhouse is in love again
Chris V
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Semi final venues...

Unread post by Chris V »

Welcome Mullarkey Image the more southerners the better mate. Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Semi final venues...

Image Imageno more southern shandy drinkers Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Semi final venues...

i think we are all for getting we have to qualify first Image Image Imagewe have 9 teams in our league and this weekend just showed any of the best teams can have a blowout QUORN were joint leaders now 4th Image Imagethe river and canal this year are very moody
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Semi final venues...

Unread post by lloydy »

Fancy maver midlands at hampton springs Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Semi final venues...

It doesnt matter where AT and Ken choose in this instance it was never going to be OK with most teams due to not having a choice of semi venue.

Our league is fished on 6 canal venues...

The Soar Valley should have been fished on the river on 6 rounds.

The Tunnel barn obviously is on a commie and i'm not sure about the other league that is in our regional final.

Where can they choose to please even the majority?
Mullarkey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Semi final venues...

Unread post by Mullarkey »

cheers guys for the welcome,

sorry that my first post was a moan & groan but we ain`t happy bunnies with the south east choice of semi, I realise that you can`t please everyone but they could have been a bit more imaginative with the choice. The last few winter league semi venues in the south east have all been on commercials, either gold valley, willow park or monk lakes. Not everyone wants to go to a commercial and under the old winter league system the winners had the choice, that was the incentive to win the league, now thats been taken away. One of the problems with commercials is that they often have other leagues running before the semi date and you can`t always get on the venues because of these local leagues (we had this problem with Woodlands View a couple of years ago. In fact Gold Valley has the Rushmoor league starting on the venue straight after xmas and people have already told me today that it is sold out. How good is that?
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Semi final venues...

cheers guys for the welcome,

sorry that my first post was a moan & groan but we ain`t happy bunnies  

Its OK Steve...

We've had Chris "the Happy soul" Vanderthingy on here a while so we realise you sufferners moan a lot Image Image Image
ropa
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Semi final venues...

Unread post by ropa »

Southerners, midlanders, northerners, we are never crappity smack happy ;)