If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Woodcote Hall/Willow Pool 24th February 2007

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

Mark_Stanaway
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Mark_Stanaway »

HA Thanks Tk it looks like Ive been bulldozed into putting somthing on here!
So here goes:
First impression of the pools was that they were a bit grim. A deep red colour was present Albie, the booking man, tells me that due from certain fish that were dying they seeked advice from the water authority and the outcome was that there was too much amonia in the water. Mainly due to too many fish in the water.The cure was recommended that they had a flow of water in and out of the pools hence the redness of the water. (Could this cold water have dampened the spirits of those resident carpies from pulling an elastic or two?) On a note of the water entering WIllow Pool, really looked inviting when I was pegging it out but it seems to me that the cold water certainly dampened Paul Wedges chance. Shaun started out the blocks fish a chuck at one point was hoping he would blow all the experienced anglers away but knew at the back of my mind what was going to happen. Yes you got it, he went for walkies! On his return fish went for walkies! Oh dear. Zorro on peg nine lost a couple of beasties looks like the good old hook slip again. I was on peg eight had my chance with three beasties but I believe they were not fair game because I think they were foul hooked. Team Jnr. Jefferies had a bad start but as the day wore on starting catching steadily and snared a carpie in the last half hour. Roy really struggled on peg four with 3/4 roach cum skimmers peg three was Danny Boy had a fair chance but lost a few beasties but had a good excuse becuase of a high bank behind him. Kevin the Man on peg two seemed to be catching steadily throughout the day have no idea what weight he caught because the fool threw them back in!HA DNW. So after writing this (I do ask myself who is the jinx who follows us around?) just proves it happens elsewhere other thank the TK gruellers.
Well done to :
Paul Jefferies for his win

Paul Jefferies 9.9.0
Den Jefferies 6.1.0
Danny 5.9.0
GT 5.1.0
Shaun 3.7.0 [highlight]Walkabouts[/highlight]
Mick 2.15.0
The Wedge 1.9.0
Roy 1.7.0
Kev The Man DNW
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

A very informative and interesting write up GT - well done.
Now that you've demonstrated your literary prowess and wit I shall expect much more of this during the coming season.
Thanks  Image

ps - surprised that KOD didn't show..........only ever known him miss 2 matches/knock ups over the last 5 years. And that was to some pathetic excuses of a wedding and holiday. (Even known him fish till 2pm and shoot off cuss he was catching a 6pm flight!!!!)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

The Wedge 1.9.0

Wedgie - the curse has started................. Image Image

Whats it feel like to fish a BDM peg :D
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

common sense suggested that not many carp were gonna be caught so i went into stealth mode and caught steady roach and rudd at various depths, i always thought it was gonna be tight with danny and zorro catching better specimens than myself, but after a decent bream and tench i felt i was slightly ahead with 20mins to go, a 2.5lb carp at the end sealed it but it was a close match and we all had to work very hard for our fish.

thanks to marky boy for organising it, it isnt easy organising a match a lot of stuff has to go on behind the scenes, so thanks mate it was appreciated by all. Are we going to see a MGS massive dog 6 finger shuffle series league table based on the 2 'mgs' matches so far, one at kev's pool and the woodcote one???

Look forward to the next match mark, horns would be nice in next few weeks pretty please Image Image

surprised no one mentioned micky baker, a legend and anyone who chucks more bait in that JR and Lasher put together deserves legendary status. :D Image ;)
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

A very informative and interesting write up GT - well done.
Now that you've demonstrated your literary prowess and wit I shall expect much more of this during the coming season.
Thanks  Image

ps - surprised that KOD didn't show..........only ever known him miss 2 matches/knock ups over the last 5 years. And that was to some pathetic excuses of a wedding and holiday. (Even known him fish till 2pm and shoot off cuss he was catching a 6pm flight!!!!)

KOD did make an appearance all be it a late one to drop scales off (could of been interesting at weigh in time if i hadn't Image) one of the few occasions when more pressing matters prevailed Image

what was your excuse TK ;)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Poaching on the chockie monsters cut in preparation for that match ::)
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Poaching on the chockie monsters cut in preparation for that match  ::)

Peg 80 by any chance?
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Peg 80 by any chance?

Why was there some mussels left there or some other secret bait ;)

Nice write up HA HA Image Now, who did you get to type that up for you :P :P Image

Sounds like another grueller match to me, well done everyone Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Peg 80 by any chance?

Only joking Chockie Monster............why what was the problem with 80 or is it a 'cock peg'?
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Peg 80 by any chance?

Only joking Chockie Monster............why what was the problem with 80 or is it a 'cock peg'?

I noticed it was fished the day before mate and just wondered.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

No certainly not me - how did it fish having been prebaited?

Just got back from a ‘walk down the cut’……………..

I was slightly out of alignment on my pegs Chockie Monster……….its 88 the other side of the marina outlet down into the mid 90’s that never look so ‘appealing’ due to a deeper ‘greeny’ tinge to the colour.

86 certainly looks an easier peg to ‘fish’ whereas on 85 it’s a long put over to the right or fish into the ‘open water’. What lines did you fish CM – is there a curving far side shelf where the boats turn up the junction - as the only other feature I could see was on your feet! (ST!)

Pegs 83 to 81 and the other side of the bridge in the 70s certainly look more inviting with a bit of cover across (if there is enough depth across this time of year)

80 don’t look to bad either………….

Presume you were near the end of your section and had to battle against these lower numbers?

Is the cut having a 'rest' for the next couple of weeks for our match?
THE_WEDGE

Unread post by THE_WEDGE »

The Wedge 1.9.0

Wedgie - the curse has started................. Image  Image

Whats it feel like to fish a BDM peg   :D
dont want another. ended up catching all on wag n mag. hard work this rod fishing.  :P :'(
cheers for the day mark, i think Image