If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

soar valley winter league 2008 first round

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

well well what a start with the river low and clear and stacks of leafs floating around we all thought it might fish hard and with a full moon anything can happen
with new scales and new weigh nets at the ready off we went to our pegs i had drawn the brinks section with darren bickerton on the end peg i thought we would be up against the top pegs mr crab-tree fishing for chub how right that turned to be the last three pegs in the section were the last three weights on the board
the top end had the individual winner MICK HICKENS LONG EATON with 14kg of chub and lots of fish around the pound mark what a lovely days fishing another chub weight was second STEVE POSIAK LOUGHBOUROGH MAVER SOAR with 12kg from the little meadow third was ADEY REYNOLDS QUORN V.D.E with 8kg650g of roach from sutton 4th steve hurst anglingman with 8kg250g 5th bob greenbury leicester sensas 8kg100g and 6th ian greasley quorn as 7kg 500g
three out of the top six came from my section meaning 5 out of the 9 anglers picked up money :o
on the team front we had a nightmare and start where we did last year 6th but a good team performance from qourn saw them take top spot
TEAMS ON THE DAY
1ST QUORN 31PTS
2ND JOINT BETWEEN LONG EATON FED AND TRENTMEN 38 PTS
4RD LOUGHBOUROGH MAVER SOAR 42 PTS
5TH ANGLINGMAN 52 PTS
6TH LEICESTER SENSAS 54 PTS Image
THE NEXT MATCH will next week 2nd nov
sections to bee sorted out as we have lost the parking for three sections >:( >:(i will post the sections as soon as i have been and looked at them Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

2nd round of the W/L with over night rain the river was always going to be a tuff nut to crack when we arrived at our pegs the river looked spot on with a little extra pace but still clear but while we were setting up it had come up about 3in and had changed a lot of the pegs bye this time LEE MORLEY capped a fine weekend and went one better than the day before where he was second on the fossdyke
lee had drawn the top end of the brinks with a few phone calls he was well into catching chub and feeding loads of bait 4pints of casters Imageas most of us had given him extra bait the rest of the river fished hard and some sections seamed to be fish-less in parts and full of fish in others Image Imagea real draw bag match
lee fished 16metres and thats hard when your only 5ft and weigh less than the tackle box your carring
12s laggy tight 0.14 and 0.15 mainline straight through to 16s he caught steady through out the match but it wasn't until he put some bait in did they turn on and ended the day with 12 chub to 4lb for 13kg
2nd was john eccles who was at sutton and had a lovely days fishing for roach on caster ending with 7kg350g
3rd darran bickerton who was on my peg from the previous round where i had 9points what a differents extra water makes ::) ::)he soon let me know all about his day ending up with 6kg340g 4th paul greensmith
INDIVIDUALS
1ST LEE MORLEY LEICESTER SENSAS 13KG
2ND JOHN ECCLES LONG EATON FED 7KG350G
3RD DARRAN BICKERTON TRENTMEN 6KG340G3 chub endless roach and 7 perchi know all about now Image Image
4th PAUL GREENSMITH BENNETTS 6KG 050G
5TH WES TOONE LEICESTER A 6KG
6TH COLIN STEVENS LONG EATON FED 5KG 620G but i've caught now't
teams on the day with the pressure on to do better than the week before the lads did'nt let me down and a good performance saw us take the days points but the battle at the moment is with trentmen and long eaton fed who tied again for the second week :o :oi think bucko will be swaping places with scriv as a new rentmen Image Image
4th was quorn
TEAMS ON THE DAY
1ST LEICESTER SENSAS 38 PTS
2ND LONG EATON AND TRENTMEN 44 PTS
4TH QUORN VDE 46 PTS
5TH WIGSTON  47 PTS
6TH BENNETTS 48 PTS
LEAGUE TO DATE
1ST TRENTMEN AND LONG EATON 4 POINTS
3ND QUORN 5 POINTS
4TH LEICESTER SENSAS 7 POINTS
5 TH ANGLINGMAN WITH 12 POINTS :o :o
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

sections for next week are
A 1860 same pegging
B BRINKS same pegging
C BRINKS A6 END mark godfreys pegging this Image
D PROCTORS PARK new section you will have to pay £3 to park here but it will be behind your peg [£3 coins]
E GREENS same pegging
F DEEPS ?
G DEEPS ?
H OSIER BEDS ?
I ABBEY ?
J KEGWORTH same pegging
please keep watching this page as we still have to sort out the parking with the land owner
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

I heard there was a section on Leicester racecourse?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

all that horse racing must of done the trick bill we raced home yesterday Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

good choice of sections with snow on the way Image Imagenice gravel bottom just what roach love when it gets cold ::) ::) ::)can't wait for all that moaning to start again on sunday Image Image Image
diddy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by diddy »

tell them to go peg it themselves in THERE spare time. :-?
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Joff.

Tell the moaners that if they dont like the pegging they can go to Lakeview....infact...INSIST they go there!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

we had a captains meeting at the end of the match and all looked at me for ideas Image Imagethis is after half hour of moaning about the pegging and section that had been inImage Imageso what do they want was the question Image Imageso they all had there say and 10 sections were picked  Image
most are the same and you only have to look at the top end of the brinks to see fish swim and move when conditions change.yet more new sections are having to be put in
proctors Image Imagehas been put in yet no contact has been made to him Image Imagethe pegs have never seen a match Image Imagework has to be done to the section and its nearly wednesday Image Image
parking at the osier beds still to be sorted what happens if that doesn't happen
the abbey is put back in the oonly section to have blanks in the first match Image Image
bottom end of the brinks is back in get ready for a four field walk  Image Image
sutton the best part of the river at the moment full of roach cannot be pegged because of the UK pike champs Image Image
all captains have agreed to this  Image Image
why why why why didn't one of the captains say leave it this weekend and lets get it sorted properly for the next one and just add another date at the end ::) ::) ::)or is that too simple
this weekend could well be a disaster with nothing sorted and its nearly wednesday Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Joff,
Do us a favour and come and peg the B'ham-Fazeley at Bromford for our Winter League?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

bill all i ever want is a fair match a winter league is a team match and the only thing a team member is asked to do is get the best points he can in his section.now if its a fair section it dos'nt matter if 4lb wins its the team man has done his job look at lees section 1lb 10oz won it still the same points anything else is a bonus
what we have now are sections where you might not have a bite in just because a few anglers want to win the match out right trentmen long eaton quorn and us all put a lot of time into getting our bait and kit ready where most just turn up just for the chance of one of about 10 winning pegs Image :D :D :D
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Joff, I was a few pegs from Lee.
I had to sit and watch four guys to my right bag up for five hours; the other three the other side of the bridge also bagged up.
The pegs to my right were not exactly opposite the same 'scenery' as I was.
I had 12 bites for 1 lb 7 oz; the place is a shitole. If I'd have pegged it like that there would have been a crappity smack uproar.
Please come and peg it nesxt round??? Image Image Image Image Image Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Unread post by lloydy »

The trouble is there isn't a venue in the country thats got 80 fair pegs and there are always going to be better pegs in sections than others,if you start leaving gaps in between sections to try and make them fairer people still moan so how do you win, i do think some anglers have got lucky and unlucky venues and i think dams and locks is deffinately one of Bills lucky ones Image Image Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Don't care what any crappity smack says, - it is a crappity smack, crappity smack, crappity smack sh!t hole. Image Image Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

It must be a new way of pegging an EIGHT peg section.
One on one side of the bridge and seven on the other.
Plenty of thought went into that.

Complete shitole Image

What would happen if I pegged Div One like that next year?
chris_buckingham
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by chris_buckingham »

joff...do u know what sections yet or when will u know? Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

got no idea mate i left it to the moaners >:(still nothing has been dune no phone calls or anything mate >:( >:(
i have spoke to tony and he is clearing pegs today as for the osiers i can't see it being in as she has the last say mate
she was going to phone up wednesday its now thursday dinner and still no phone call
we will wait until 3pm before we phone her

yet to have any contact with neil or brian i said after last week if they didnt like the way it was pegged do it yourselfs so who knows mate
three anglers were on the abbey yesterday biteless after 4 hrs lets hope kimber draws there seeing that he said it was solid Image Image Image
another T ImageAT
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

WE HAVE LOST THE PARKING Image Image Image Imageat the osier beds
but
we have another field to park in down there Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Unread post by lloydy »

Hope it aint full of asylum seekers or they will be running all over midlands after gates left open Image Image
chris_buckingham
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by chris_buckingham »

what are the sections then? Image Image