If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Hi all

Marsh Club Banter.

Moderator: Spamwham

keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Hi all

Unread post by keith »

Hi lads

Hope you are all keeping well. I see Chris has had a great time in Thailand catching monster fishes. How are you all doing, who is fishing? Simon does his running and doing well. Is John still going to see the mighty hammers? But not heard a lot from any of the other lads.
Any news.

Keith
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
joshdon
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC
Instagram: @joshdon_fishing

Re: Hi all

Unread post by joshdon »

Hi Keith,

Hope you're well mate!

I was fishing once a fortnight for most of last year with some decent results across club matches, open matches , fishing trips etc.

Came 3rd in the Monks Summer league last summer just ounces behind 2nd! >:(
Got myself a new PB match weight at Todber Manor on a 3 day fishing trip last October with 424lb 11oz!!
Fished the Orchard winter league at the start of this year with a couple of results but just outside of the money in 7th (paid top 6 :'( )
Had 2 months off recently but managed a match win at Orchard on lake 6 on Sunday with 231lb, lovely day of maggot margin madness!

Fishing the Monks Spring league now fortnightly for the next month or so and then the Monks summer league too - plus I've got 3 days at Todber 17-19th May so getting myself ready for that with some NG Red Ambercore through some short topkits :D

How are you getting on Keith? I know you were having a couple of trips to Todber last year and enjoying the bagging?! Managing to get out much? I must say I'm missing the old match reports!

Hope everyone is well!

Josh
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by keith »

Hi Josh,

Yes all is good. Going to Todber 13th to 20th May with a few lads but not fishing exclusively there. Too much for me nowadays.
I am waiting for a double maybe triple heart bypass so cannot put the ticker under too much stress.
Been going out locally, not matches but pleasure fishing and enjoying my retirement. A couple of days with grandson keeps me on my toes. A trip fishing a couple of times during the week and weekends watching sport.
I miss the craic from the Marsh lads. It was always a decent laugh. I have not heard a lot from the other lads so don't know how they are getting on. I only get feeds from you, Chris,Simon, Kyle and John occasionally and all seem fine but not a lot of fishing.
Take care and I'll let you know how I get on at Todber
Regards Keith
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Hi Keith, good to hear from you....understand you saw Josh at Todber? No fishing for me, just cannot drum up the enthusiasm but hoping to get out at least once or twice over summer with the old brigade :) ! How is everyone?
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

And hope the bypass all goes well mate…my old man had one in his 50s and was a new man after but hey…no growing your hair and having a pony tail as he did !!!
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by keith »

Yes all good Simon, to be fair I think the writing was on the wall when I was struggling to lift my keepnets out. Shame the fishing has folded as such but I think a lot of us have moved on. Still would be great for a catch up once I've sorted out the ticker.
Great to see your keeping well and fit.

Regards Keith