If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Hartleylands

Marsh Club Banter.

Moderator: Spamwham

Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Hartleylands

Unread post by Tel »

I've just seen that we've lost Pear Tree as a venue as it's going to re-open as a specimen lake next year according to their website - bummer.
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Re: Hartleylands

Unread post by keith »

Tel

Hope you and yours are keeping well.

From what i have heard the whole complex has changed for the worse.

We have been moved off both the Res and Nicks lake to accommodate a different style of fishing to us.

Now Pear Tree has gone the same way. The remaining lakes are small by comparison.

I know it was close for you, but am personally quite happy I will not be travelling 2 1/2hours to fish a puddle.

Keith
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

Yeh Keith I can understand that, must admit I am in a similar position regarding Alders. Apart from Hawkhurst match lake Hartleylands was the closest to me that is not club water for a day out, the choice now is only Claygate, Orchard or Monks, as you say Hartleylands has almost become a specimen complex instead of the different variety of lakes it used to offer - shame.
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

This is a shame but the writing was on the wall I guess.....used to love fishing the Res and Nicks but haven't really enjoyed the other lakes since they bit the dust.....