If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Arrans Lake, 17th Oct 2020

Marsh Results and Reports.

Moderator: Spamwham

Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Arrans Lake, 17th Oct 2020

Unread post by Spamwham »

16 turned out today for our last match of the season.
It was dull and cool thorughout, and after a frost on Thurdsay night it was not surprising that things turned a bit hard, even for this prolofic venue. In fact for quite a few, particularly those in the middle section it turned out to be a bit of a grueller.
By popular demand, we will try and book it for a warmer date next year year. :thumsup
Winner today was your truly with 112lb - thanks to an end peg and a bit of good luck. 2nd was Josh with 77lb from a much harder peg, and 3rd was Mick with 61lb from the other end of the lake.
Alas today, we said goodbye to Mark who is returning to his home gound in yam-yam country after a spell darn sowf. Many thanks for your company and your fishing - its been a pleasure fella - every success in the future. :tiphat

Result:
1. Tony R peg 16; 112-12lb
2. Josh peg 13; 77-08lb
3. Mick peg 2; 61-00lb
4. Keith peg 15; 48-08lb
5. Chris T peg 14; 46-00lb
6. Dave peg 4; 38-00lb
7. Terry peg 12; 35-12lb
8. Simon peg 5; 28-08lb
9= Vic peg 7; 21-00lb
9= Gino peg 8; 21-00lb
11. Mark peg 9; 17-08lb
12. Chris W peg 1; 15-00lb
13. Clive peg 6; 14-00lb
14. Jim peg 11; 13-00lb
15. John peg 10; 11-00lb
16. Rod peg 3; 6-08lb

Sections: Pegs 1-5 MIck; 6-10 shared Vic and Gino; 11-16 Tony R

Now to thankyous. First of all sincrere thanks to all those who helped out with the weigh-in and pegging out over the season - every little helps as they say and this is what keeps the wheels turning on our matches. And of course to Dave MrC for doing all the match organising, turning out even when sometimes his health said 'stay at home'. Last but not least, a big thankyou to all our members for turning out in all weathers, and for your company, banter and wit. Its been a strange (half) season and the fishing has often been hard going, but your improving skill and application continue to impress. :tiphat

Might be a rough old winter thanks to covid, so stay safe, and looking forward to seeing you next year. ;)
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Re: Arrans Lake, 17th Oct 2020

Unread post by naughtycockney »

Fellas sorry I had to dash off , but needed to get my car back from the garage who phoned just as the match ended.
A different year without a doubt,but still the same great company and banter!!!
Always finish the season learning something from you guys, bring on the jigga floats next year?
Thx's to Si for looking after my gear after the weigh in and always a big thank you to the Chairman sorting out the matches.
Stay safe everyone and see you all next year. :tiphat :tiphat :tiphat :tiphat
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Unread post by keith »

Well done Tony, Josh and Mick for framing on a difficult day.

Hard to believe one section was won with 21lb.

Perhaps the way forward is to have the " bagging" matches in the summer when they fish well and maybe incorporate a mid match break. So anglers and fish can 're settle down. Just a thought.

Many thanks to Dave and Tony, without whom I think the club would have folded. They do a brilliant job of organising everything for US to enjoy.

Best of luck my Yam Yam mucka Mark on your return home. May see you on the bank in 2021.
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Strange days fishing and didn’t see a fish top or swirl all day and note to self remember coat as a pole bouncing involuntarily on your knee al day doesn’t help presentation !! Well done Tony for winning the match and the section winners for grinding it out. Thanks as ever to Dave and Tony for the hard work and to everyone for the banter and laughs. Hope to make more matches next year! Good lucky back up north Foxy, hope to see you again on out shores or maybe a Marsh venture your way !! Take care all !