If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Prospective membership and venues for 2021

Marsh Upcoming Matches.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Prospective membership and venues for 2021

Unread post by Dave C »

Looking at venues for next year I have a list of the following as possible bookings

Claygate Sophie
Claygate Eva
Hartleylands Peartree
Hartleylands Sampson
Southend Farm. Main lake
Southend Farm Damsel
Puddledock Snake
Puddledock Road lake
Arrans Lake
Orchard farm lake 6
Orchard farm lake 5
Tyler’s Common Ash or Willow ?
Blind Lane
Monk Lake 1
Monk Lake 2
Monk Lake 4
Alders Farm. Ash lake
Hawkhurst Match lake
Birds Green Bridge Lake (has anyone got any info on this one)

Does anyone have any more that we can consider before I start making bookings and any we should avoid ( possibly Tyler’s)

I would also like to know who or won’t will be joining us next year. Once I know numbers and bookings I can then work out a budget and costs for next year.
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Re: Prospective membership and venues for 2021

Unread post by keith »

Hi Dave
It is my intention to join next year and fish as many "knock ups" as possible. When I first joined it was because I got to fish new venues. This does not seem to happen, a lot have disappeared, Blasford Hall, Rockells, Marsh Farm, i think near Southend.

Personally I do not like Tylers. Full of fish, but also no control over the people fishing the complex. As I was packing up last time out there were people trying to sit in my peg and others around me. Not much fun as you try to look after your gear and weigh in.

Other lakes look fine but again will depend on the lakes available to us. Orchard 6 becoming a speci lake was mentioned. Anything closer to Clive would be nice. He travels a long way without complaint. Royal Berkshire a possibility.

Hopefully with a bit of careful planning we can avoid the hordes of pleasure anglers brought out by Covid.

I may also join another club in the West Midlands and split Saturdays between Marsh and them. One week down south, the other up north. We shall see.
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Must admit I agree with your thoughts on Tyler’s. I don’t know of many places over to the west, perhaps Clive could suggest something.
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

Although I agree other people at Tylers can be a pain still rather fish there than Southend Farm which is ok if you like the slimeballs, not sure about Lake 4 at Monks - last time we fished there it was awful - Lake 3 would be better and I also think Birds Green would make a change.
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Def up for next year again and like Keith I like the idea of new venues to get my mojo back...
john_holdsworth
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by john_holdsworth »

Dave I go along with what you want as
You do a great job
Would like to try somewhere near Clive for a change and possibly one nearer to Keith think that would make it fairer
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

SiDev wrote: October 9th, 2020, 2:52 pm Def up for next year again and like Keith I like the idea of new venues to get my mojo back...
The problem is finding new venues that work for us. Any suggestions are very welcome as I now struggle to get out and find them.
joshdon
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Instagram: @joshdon_fishing

Unread post by joshdon »

I expect to join, depending mainly on dates and whether they clash with my other club... can’t get away with fishing both Saturday and Sunday much when trying to get out most weekends as it is :fistycuffs

Agreed with Terry’s point on Monks - would avoid Lake 4. Lake 3 can be great in summer, so would always choose that over Lake 4.

Apparently Tyler’s hasn’t been fishing as well this year for some reason - certainly not a fish race as it was previously.

Will certainly not be attending Puddledock - Road Lake... rather fish my garden pond!! :nono
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

joshdon wrote: October 11th, 2020, 3:07 pm
Will certainly not be attending Puddledock - Road Lake... rather fish my garden pond!! :nono
I thought you liked a challenge.
joshdon
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by joshdon »

Dave C wrote: October 11th, 2020, 4:19 pm I thought you liked a challenge.
That place isn’t a challenge, it’s a cemetery for the dreams of a good days fishing 😂
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by naughtycockney »

I'm Defo in for next year.
My only input is can we fish the so called bagging up venues, Monks 2, Aarons and Orchard Farm during the summer months. I know bagging up is not everyone's idea of a good days fishing, but would just like the opportunity to give it a go!!!!!

New venues always welcome as well. :tiphat

Edit: moved for you Gino.
joshdon
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by joshdon »

naughtycockney wrote: October 12th, 2020, 6:55 pm My only input is can we fish the so called bagging up venues, Monks 2, Aarons and Orchard Farm during the summer months.
:cheers :joy :D :tiphat :thumsup
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

naughtycockney wrote: October 12th, 2020, 6:55 pm My only input is can we fish the so called bagging up venues, Monks 2, Aarons and Orchard Farm during the summer months.
So you are quite happy to volunteer to do all the weighing in on those big weight places. And aslo promise to fish all the less prolific places at the harder time of year, or would you prefer I spread them out. ;)
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Dave

Below is the list of weights from 2018, which I believe i put all the fish on the scales and then tipped them all back in after the weigh in. I remember, because my back was in pieces afterwards, but I'll try better next year!!!!!!!!!
lucky I have no one's gear to help move next year :fistycuffs :fistycuffs :fistycuffs :fistycuffs :fistycuffs :fistycuffs :rage :rage :rage :nana :nana

1st Simon Watkins 385-08

2nd Keith Ashby 326-00

3rd Terry Goff 259-00

4th Clive Pritchard 257-00

5th Mick Wright 244-04

6th Tony Roberts 241-12

7th Gino Exell 202-00

8th Dave Collier 108-08

9th Chris Withall 79-08

10th Rod Turner 41-00

Between the 10 of us we managed over 2 tonnes of fish, 2 triple tons, 5 double tons, 1 ton and 2 others.

A good day out amongst friends, good banter and a few fish for all of us.

I won the MK Nugget to wipe the grin off Mick's face and take the lead to 3.

Keith 8 Mick 5.
Clive
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Clive »

Dave a couple of new venues for you to have a look at

The match lake at Royal Berkshire Fishery would give us a better days fishing than Southend farm
https://www.royalberkshirefishery.co.uk/
or
Billhook and Bowsaw lakes would be a far better days fishing than Claygate or blind lane
http://www.bowsaw-billhook.co.uk/
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

Yes Clive.
Royal Berkshire Lake 3 looks promising. Nice and near for me for a change, but would everyone else be prepared to make the treck? Windsor not far off the motorways and not far outside the M25. This would certainly help meet the requests for new venues.
I also like the look of Billhook lake but this is further out so may be a journey too far for some?

Keith and Josh - 2 clubs is great if you can make it work. Problem is we wont know dates until they are confirmed by the fisheries, so difficult to guarantee alternate weekends. Either way please stick with us and help keep our dear old club going. :thumsup

On the general issue of venues for next year, as always I think we should try and keep a fair split north and south of the Dartford Crossing plus a new one out west would be good. Stick with 14 matches - this feels about right. Of course we all have slightly different takes on which venues we prefer - truth is you cant please all of the people all of the time eg I quite like Southend Farm, others are less keen. Everone wants a few new venues, but its an increasingly tough ask to find them, while at the same time we are losing some of our old hunting grounds to the bivvy boys, syndicates etc. Just keep a few suggestions coming in.

My shortlist for next year would be:

North:
Alders (Ash or Pines if you want a change)
Southend Farm Main Lake
Arrans
Blind Lane
Puddledock - Snake
Puddledock - Islands Lake (as a change from Road Lake)
1 new venue if poss - maybe Birds Green if anyone can vouch for it; if not maybe look again at Newlands Hall or Churchgate or.....

South:
Monk Lake 2 (book it asap Dave!)
Monk Lake 1 or 3
Hartleylands - Samson for something new
Claygate - how about Sophie for a change
Orchard Farm Lake 6 if its still avaiable or another of their lakes if they have one for matches
One new venue if theres anything out there, otherwise Hartleylands Peartree or Hawkhurst

West:
One new venue - Royal Berkshire Lake 3 looks promising

Hopefully this would give a reasonable mix of old and new for folks. :tiphat
mickyboy
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by mickyboy »

Hi Dave
I am looking to join again next year and I am open to any venue.
On a personal note I am not a great fan of Hawkhurst (just a bit
of a hole in the ground) and after Nick’s lake and the Res at
Hartleylands am bit disappointed with Damsels.
Also not sure how many Kent matches I will be able to make but
will just have to see how I am next year
wat2tone
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by wat2tone »

Hi dave defo up for joining next year but work dependent at the moe
joshdon
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by joshdon »

Hi Dave, for the new venue category I’ve had a bit of a stalk of a match anglers in Essex for venues I hadn’t fished.

Ended up with:
Timberland fishery (150lb won in July)
Oakwood farm fishery (175lb won in June)
North Benfleet Hall Fishery (121lb won in October)
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Josh

Had a look at all of them if I had to put them in order it would be:-

1. Timberland Fishery, it says it has a café there :D :D :D :tiphat

2. Oakwood

3. North Benfleet Hall Fishery, not much info on lakes so couldn't check. :fistycuffs :fistycuffs

New venues always goo d to see and give them a go.

Took your advice and I am now the proud owner of TDR Reel, but minus a lot of Angling Direct fishing vouchers :rage :rage

Gino