If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Booking in Puddledock Snake Saturday 20th June

Marsh Upcoming Matches.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Booking in Puddledock Snake Saturday 20th June

Unread post by Dave C »

Right it is 2 weeks to go so its time to see who is up for our first very belated match.

I expect that the tackle shop may be open but doubt the cafe will be available for breakfasts but will confirm later this week in case they open for takeaways.
I will try to be there for 8am and will ask you to pay money and draw your peg one at a time to avoid queues and any crowding in the car park and to go to your pegs as soon as you can. Cost will be £10 including £2 section pools. Please ensure you have the correct money preferably a £10 note as I will not be giving any change. I will pay the shortfall in the peg fees from club funds.

Tony and I have some ideas re weighing in and ways to keep the weigh bucket open and will put up how we will do it later but we will want a volunteer or 2 to do the weighing in. To help whoever is doing the weighing in and to ensure each net can be weighed in in one go we will need to stick to a 50lb net limit. As you will need to get your own nets out stick to a weight you can lift below the 50lb.( Im going to have to stick to a 10lb limit in mine and use 10 nets :facepalm :facepalm )

Remember that a number of us are in the vunerable group so please stick to the distancing rules.

So who wants to go.

Dave
John
Keith
Terry
Simon
Tony
Josh
Chris T
Mark
Kyle
Tony R
Jim
Gino
Clive
Chris W
Mick
Not available
Rod
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Re: Booking in Puddledock Snake Saturday 20th June

Unread post by keith »

Dave

First off thank you for all your efforts in getting the Marsh season underway. I have started venturing out, socially distancing at present and going to venues where there is plenty of space.

I will be up for Puddledock as I believe it is possible along the snake lake. Can we have agreed pegs to avoid pleasure anglers slotting in between us.

Hope to see you all soon. As normal will help where I can.

Keith
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Keith

We have pegs 1 to 30 reserved for our sole use fishing every other peg. Pleasure anglers are not permitted on the unused pegs. However we both know that they don’t always take notice of any signs but usually they move on when requested.
Hopefully we won’t have any issues.
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

Hopefully I'll be there.
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Yes please Mr C.....looking forward to seeing everyone albeit from a distance etc....will be great to catch up :tiphat
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

I'll be thankful to catch anything let alone 50lb :facepalm
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

At least you have been for several practice sessions. Some of us have hardly set foot outside the front door for 12 weeks. >:( :rage :rage
wat2tone
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by wat2tone »

Count me dave please
joshdon
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Instagram: @joshdon_fishing

Unread post by joshdon »

I'll be there Dave, along with young Kyle :tiphat Happy for us to be the volunteers on the nets... that's if Kyle can read?? ;D :D

Look forward to seeing everyone again!

I went a couple of weeks ago and the shop was open from 7am but cafe was closed.
Chris T

Unread post by Chris T »

Me and the Fox plz Dave.
U might want a kiddies crab net so ppl stay away from u if u insist upon using cash.
2019 League Champion! :whythankyou
Hippo Hunter extrodinare! :thumsup
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

Yes please Dave - me and Jim will be there. :thumsup
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Dave - suggest you use this thread to confirm exactly how we want the weigh-in to operate. :tiphat
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Tel wrote: June 8th, 2020, 8:43 pm I'll be thankful to catch anything let alone 50lb :facepalm
........except coronavirus that is Tel. :surprisev
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by naughtycockney »

Yes please Mr C count me in :tiphat
Clive
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Clive »

Yes please Dave :thumsup
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Procedures for next week.

If I recall we will need to dip nets before fishing so I suggest to avoid congestion at the net dip, you do your nets as soon as you can.

Payment and Draw

There will be an open bag to deposit your £10 in. I will have sealed paper peg numbers laid out.
When called come forward and deposit your £10 in the bag and either ask me to draw a peg for you or indicate which one you would like me to open for you. I will open and tell you which peg you have drawn. If anyone needs a short walk peg then I need to know by Wednesday night as Tony will be arranging for his wife to draw those from the first 3 or 4 pegs on Thursday.

The £10 includes a section pool and I will advise section numbers on the morning. I will not be paying out on the day any winnings will be offset against entry fees for the next match you fish.

Weigh in

Please stay at your peg until weighed in and do not follow the scales.

Tony Roberts has volunteered to record the weights and Josh or Kyle has volunteered to be scalesman. We have a tight fitting landing net frame which should keep the bucket open when tipping fish in, if not Tony has a different type of bucket which should work. Ill leave it to the scalesman to decide which to use.

The scales will be set up at least 2 metres away from you and the opened weigh bucket placed in a convenient spot. The scalesman will then step back and the angler will then take their net out and tip his fish into the bucket and then move away. The scalesman will then retrieve the bucket and weigh the fish calling the weight to the recorder, he will then return the fish to the lake and repeat the above procedure for any other nets before proceeding to the next angler.

DO NOT put more than 50lb in any net and I suggest you use 3 nets to start 1 for silvers and baby carp and 2 for carp and split your fish between them. If getting near 40lb or more put another net in.

Remember do not accumulate in a group in the car park and STAY 2 METRES AWAY at all times.

If have overlooked something anyone has any comments or questions please let me know.
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Well that’s 15 of us now. :thumsup

I’m assuming that Mick is likely to still be shielding and probably will not be with us for this one.
joshdon
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Instagram: @joshdon_fishing

Unread post by joshdon »

Dave C wrote: June 13th, 2020, 3:36 pm Josh or Kyle has volunteered to be scalesman
Have we got 2 sets of scales and 2 buckets - may be quickest if Kyle and I both do half each?
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Good idea Josh. We already have two sets of scales and mats, and now I've just bought us a 75L plastic flexibucket which looks as though it will do the job nicely. About the same size as our weigh bucket. Just need to drill some drainage holes in the bottom. Hopefully it'll work ok on Sat.
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Dave C wrote: June 13th, 2020, 3:36 pm If have overlooked something anyone has any comments or questions please let me know.
If your're not able to lift your own net for health reasons, then perhaps Josh or Kyle could do the honours for you - assuming they're ok with that?