If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Are you ready?

Marsh Club Banter.

Moderator: Spamwham

keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Are you ready?

Unread post by keith »

Well not long now to the first match of the new Marsh AC season. Are you ready?

I have been out a few times throughout our "cold season", taking part more than setting the world alight. I have seen Josh has been honing his skills, but not a lot of others out and about. Must be saving it up for the first match.

Not seen Gino with his new purchases yet!!!!! what has he bought this time.

Dave, Is he still stuck on a cruise ship in California or Japan?

Will Coronavirus or Covid-19 going to affect us. Do we need to bring face masks and hand cream to Arrans?

See you soon
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Re: Are you ready?

Unread post by keith »

Oh and dont forget your rod licences
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
joshdon
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC
Instagram: @joshdon_fishing

Unread post by joshdon »

Don't play your successes down Keith... I've seen you've already had your first tonne and match win on an open this year - the world is certainly alight on your behalf!! :tk_cursed

I've had a winter of chasing f1's around with 0.08 bottoms and 18/20 hooks, so it'll be fun to get back out to catching 'proper' carp on some red hydro & 0.22 straight through to a size 10!! :D ;D

I had planned to fish a knock-up (sneaky practice :whisper ) this weekend at Arrans but unfortunately it's been binned due to a lack of attendance... so I will be gracing a sold-out Monks on Lake 1 with 22 others, most likely for a whooping from the GURU boys!! :facepalm

Hope everyone's well and that no-one has been impacted by COVID-19 - hopefully it doesn't impact our all important fishing season!
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

Keith - sounds like you and Josh are already up and running and rarin' to go. :joy
As for me, I've still to got to sort my rigs and check laccys. :facepalm
However I have not been completely idle on the fishing front. :naughty
Bought a 2nd hand motorised wheelchair! No not for me. :surprisev
Stripped the motor, battery and controls out, and with the help of some steel tube, u-bolts and a bit of fettling, my Preston trolley is now fully powered up for the new season. So I'll be joining you and the other drag racers this year :thumsup
Paid £110 plus £10 for bits. May even get a few quid back if I can sell the wheelchair on ebay.
If anyone else is thinking of doing this, I can give you a few tips.

Hope everyone is ok and that the virus doesn't spoil our season :ohnoes

Btw whatchout everyone, the chairmans not a happy bunny - already had to forgo the first cruise of the year :tk_cursed
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Been searching for my fishing mojo and to be honest can’t find it anywhere !
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

Apparently due to my ancientosity I'm considered at high risk from the virus so according to the wife in panic mode we're on lockdown until further notice, will be gutted at missing any matches however many that may be but stay safe out there 😭
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

SiDev wrote: March 14th, 2020, 7:03 pm Been searching for my fishing mojo and to be honest can’t find it anywhere !
Si - you gotta find it!!!!!!
Think of the moment that float dips, or the sharp pull on the rod tip :joy
Or when your laccy stretches out unexpectedly.......
Or when you finally get that lightly hooked lump into the net after a long tussle...... :thumsup :thumsup :thumsup
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Tel - I know us old farts have to watch out, but you'll be climbing the walls by Thursday :rage
Seriously tho I'm not sure its workable to ask 12 million old farts to stay at home for weeks on end. :thinking
As I understand it, its close contact with infected people we have to avoid. For 95% of the time in our matches were are sat in glorious isolation in the fresh air and the countryside. So long as anyone with flu or cold symptoms stays away and maybe we should also avoid close contact (darling), I would have thought the risks were pretty low. Still its obviously a matter of personal choice, and I guess we'll have to see how things develop. :tiphat
john_holdsworth
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by john_holdsworth »

Can’t wait for a day fishing
Haven’t looked at my gear since Christmas
See you there
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Well I started to make up some rigs but thats as far as I got.

Im not sure how this virus is going to play out but wouldnt be surprised that in 2 weeks we are in the same place as Italy is right now. As Ive had Diabetes for so long, Thyroid problems plus I take drugs to lower my immune system Im in the very high risk group. Add to that Ill be 70 next month and I think its extremely unwise for me to risk catching it.

Ill sort out the bookings on here, give all the stuff to someone local and contact Arrans but doubt if I will come.It maybe that Arrans will cancel all bookings but that wont happen for a while. It seems that the majority of you are happy to go so lets carry on until we are forced or choose to stop.
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

By the way if anyone mentions Holidays, Cruises, Danube then their membership is at risk. :fistycuffs :fistycuffs :rage :rage :'( :'(
mickyboy
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by mickyboy »

Hi everyone I to have had to go into lockdown as with my treatment I am
in the high risk category so won’t be able to make the first few matches.
Hopefully will come as soon as possible but can’t take the risk at the moment.
Really gutted as this is the first year me and Keith have not had to worry about
getting time off work but i will be there as soon as possible. So in the meantime
hope everyone has a good season I will keep my eyes on results
Keep safe and well everyone
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

I fully expected that Mick. Best you keep safe your health is far more valuable than a few fishing matches.

Mind you I dont know what our mental state will be after 3 months or more cooped up indoors. :-/ :-/ :headspin :headspin :nana :nana
mickyboy
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by mickyboy »

Dave yeah I agree and ive spent a lot of time sorting out all my rigs
and now all I can do is look at them not moving. Well I suppose no
change there then as when I do get out!
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Take the best of care Mick....we will all be back on that bank in November...oh hang on...we are soft southerners!!