If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Blind Lane Match Lake 3rd Augaust 2019

Marsh Results and Reports.

Moderator: Spamwham

Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Blind Lane Match Lake 3rd Augaust 2019

Unread post by Spamwham »

11 fished today - unfortunately Dave having to pull out at the last minute. Weather was warm bright and still.
A new lake for us - we fished the far bank - and by and large, it provided a pretty good days fishing. Despite most margins and far bank being rather snaggy, plus varying pegs and the absence of platforms etc, I think the general view was that it was worth another visit.
The fish fed steadily from the off, particularly up in the water and on the top, so no prizes for guessing todays winner - John with 217lb all caught on the top - he's got this method sorted and where fisheries allow it, he's always going to take some beating. I know its not everyone's cup of tea, but in John's defence its not always as straightforward as it looks - presentation has to be just right - they are often very spooky or will reject the bait in a flash. (Our club policy remains the same - its fine as long as the fishery allows it, and conditions are still so that adjoining pegs are not affected by stray floating bait). 2nd today was Chris with 185lb caught from a awkward peg on a steeply sloping bank which amongst other things, saw him take an unplanned dip in the lake, which no doubt got him plenty of sympathy ;D . Third just one fish behind was Terry - proof, if it was ever needed, that every fish counts! Well done Gents.

Result:
1. John, peg 3: 217-12lb
2. Chris T, peg 11; 185-00lb
3. Terry, peg 2; 183-08lb
4. Simon, peg 4; 165-00lb
5. Josh, peg 9; 164-12lb
6. Tony R, peg 6; 130-08lb
7. Mark, peg 10; 121-08lb
8. Paul E, peg 5; 73-00lb
9. Clive. peg 8; 66-08lb
10. Jim, peg 1; 57-12lb
11. Gino, peg 7; 53-08lb

Sections: pegs 1-6 John; peg 7-11 Chris T
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Re: Blind Lane Match Lake 3rd Augaust 2019

Unread post by keith »

Some excellent results there and well done to all who fished it. Well done to the framers and section winners.

I will NOT get drawn on the subject of floating baits as everyone knows my opinion.

Hope Dave is OK
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
Chris T

Unread post by Chris T »

Call that a peg? :thinking
Mountain Goat woulda struggled on that Slope! :rofl
Well done John! :thumsup :thumsup
2019 League Champion! :whythankyou
Hippo Hunter extrodinare! :thumsup
joshdon
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC
Instagram: @joshdon_fishing

Unread post by joshdon »

Had to find my “peg” though the mangrove’s and dig it out myself!

I do wish I had got a picture of Chris half in the water but I was worried he might have drowned when I saw Foxy hanging on to his feet :rofl

Still kicking myself on throwing my silvers back with Watkins doing me by 4oz but we live and learn! :facepalm

Well done John & Chris on section wins. I would definitely be up for going back there!
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

joshdon wrote: August 4th, 2019, 6:58 pm I do wish I had got a picture of Chris half in the water but I was worried he might have drowned when I saw Foxy hanging on to his feet :rofl
Better luck next time Foxy :rofl :rofl :rofl
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Really like the place and plenty of fish!! Well done John and Chris and hard luck Tel but great to see you giving the peg a battering !! As for you Josh....get back on the lager, stay off the BITTER :cheers :rofl :cheers
nomorelongwalks
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: I Came I Saw I Blanked

Unread post by nomorelongwalks »

Would go again, although it could do with proper wooden pegs.
Nice fishery, not sure where the fish went at 2pm.
Only had 1 fish they just disappeared :thinking
Couldn't. Buy a bite anywhere.
Laugh For God's Sake,The Goverment will Ban It  Soon
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

Glad you all enjoyed it. I was disappointed that I had to drop out as it looks like I might have been able to catch a few for a change. Thanks to Tony for sorting things out.

Wife wasn’t feeling well Friday night and was sick at 1am with a temperature of 40 deg. Fairly obvious to us that it was cellulitis again so it was straight to A&E for IV antibiotics. She is still there. Holiday has been cancelled and as it’s our wedding anniversary today I shall treat her to really tasty hospital meal tonight. :evil
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Romance is alive and kicking in Belvedere ;D
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

Sorry to hear that mate, don't forget the wine :whistle

To save any further embarrassment about having their leg dropping off I have repaired the offending limb. :tiphat