If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Puddledock Farm - Snake Lake 20/07/2019

Marsh Results and Reports.

Moderator: Spamwham

Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Puddledock Farm - Snake Lake 20/07/2019

Unread post by Spamwham »

Today started dull, wet and windswept and finished warm and sunny. Only 10 fished due to holidays etc.
Great to see Mick was back with us today :thumsup
This years Marsh Angling theme of venues not fishing as well as expected continued today - not sure why we're collectivey falling short but we definitely are. Are we getting less smart; are the fish getting smarter; who knows? Weather conditions, fishery stock changes, and other sundry factors - maybe but unlikely. Speaking personally, like most of us, I think I'm trying just as hard as ever, changing/adapting the approach as the match unfolds, but just not getting anywhere. Ah the joys of fishing eh.
Todays winner was Josh with 65lb. Like many of us he wasted too much time fishing across. However unlike most of us, having got nowhere, he went on to a top2 +2 line and put together a run of carp for the bulk of his catch in the last 2 hours. Clive was 2nd with 56-12lb, catching steadily as he does, on 8 mils mostly from the margins.
These two weights were well ahead of the field. :tiphat
Small stockies proved a bit of a pain on many pegs today so those who found a way to get the odd proper carp reaped the rewards.

Result:
1. Josh peg 21, 65-00lb
2. Clive peg 2, 56-12lb
3. Chris T peg 19, 38-00lb
4. Keith peg 12, 36-08lb
5. Tony R peg 10, 28-08lb
6. John H peg 23, 27-08lb
7. Tony W peg 14, 23-00lb
8. Mick peg 6, 22-00lb
9. Dave peg 8, 9-00lb
10. Rod, peg 4, 5-00lb

Section winners: 2-10 Clive; 12-23 Josh
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Re: Puddledock Farm - Snake Lake 20/07/2019

Unread post by keith »

Well done Josh and Clive on winning your respective sections.

Personally I think i stayed too long across, as that was the information we all had gained from researching the venue. Where did those micro carp come from, no mention of those.

I cannot make the next one but hope you all have a good day on a new venue for us.
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
joshdon
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC
Instagram: @joshdon_fishing

Re: Puddledock Farm - Snake Lake 20/07/2019

Unread post by joshdon »

Cheers Keith - yep I think a lot of us followed what we had been told and stayed across for far too long! The micro carp just seemed to stay against the far bank and in the margins but seemed much less frequent down the track giving the better stamp fish a chance... although I think I ended up filling it in enough with 6mm’s to feed the little f***ers off and half of the fish in the lake :whistle

It really didn’t fish how I had expected but maybe the up and down weather was a contributing factor to that one... who knows :thinking :surprisev