If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

2019 Matches

Marsh Club Banter.

Moderator: Spamwham

Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

2019 Matches

Unread post by Tel »

Following on from Dave's post about Hartleylands Res., have to agree with Keith that a March date is probably a better option than November, I have also noticed that Slough House only allows matches from October to March.

Similarly if Colemans are only going to allow 5 hour matches then I would drop Stepfield altogether and only fish the one match on Woods.

Regarding Monks Lakes, although Lake 3 potentially offers a bit more protection if it's windy ( usually ) it might be that Lake 1 is matchfished more regularly and therefore could be more prolific.

We might also want to consider which venues ( if available ) are more suited to a particular time of year.

So given all of the above and a bit of research for different venues/ discussion and not wishing to tread on the Chaimans toes next year could/might look something like this:-

30/03/19 Hartleylands Reservoir
13/04/19 Arrans Lake
27/04/19 Monks 1 or 3
11/05/19 Alders Farm
01/06/19 Hartleylands Pear Tree
15/06/19 Tylers Common
29/06/19 Southend Farm
13/07/19 Colemans Woods
03/08/19 Monks 2
17/08/19 Churchgate Lakes
31/08/19 Puddledock Farm
14/09/19 Birds Green Bottom Lake
05/10/19 Slough House
19/10/19 Orchard Farm
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Re: 2019 Matches

Unread post by Spamwham »

Some interesting thoughts and a useful starter Terry.
I would also like a final go at the Res in March. Likewise a revisit to Churchgate.
Birds Green and Slough House are unknowns for me, so more info would be useful.
Re venues and time of year, apart from the early and late ones where we need lakes that fish ok at those times, the rest is less critical. In fact we have always tried to deliberately change timings from one year to the next so we're fishing old favourites in different conditions.

Be interesting to hear from everyone on next years list.

Dave - is it possible to switch this thread into 'upcoming matches' ?
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Re: 2019 Matches

Unread post by SiDev »

Liking this Tel although I would add you are brave or foolhardy, not sure which ;D I like the idea if avoiding the peggy venues early doors like Eva despite my ability to always be on the lounge deck there !! Be great to try some new venues and agree with the Coleman’s sentiments, I would not even object to not going there at all to be honest. I would not leave orchard so late mind as it’s good to have at least one proper fish race a year!!