If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Orchard Place Farm

Marsh Club Banter.

Moderator: Spamwham

Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Orchard Place Farm

Unread post by Tel »

Planning a scouting mission here on Friday so will report back in due course :)
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Re: Orchard Place Farm

Unread post by Dave C »

If the weather is OK I may join you. Ill let you know tomorrow. Should I bring the makings for tea.

I wonder if Gino has retired yet and fancies a fact finding mission.
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

Well Lake 6 appears to have matured a bit now. A decent mix of F1s and proper carp. Most were between 1 and 2lb with a best fish of nearly 10lb.

Only downside was the natural banks which mean its awkward fishing along the margins over the rushes probably even more restricted with keepnets in.

For those aficionados of their stomachs an 8 item full English breakfast with tea was £5, and even though we didn't have one it did look very good. :thumsup :thumsup
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

Well a very nice day sat in the sunshine - the sacrifices we have make for the club :whistle . After a visit to the office and a nice cup of tea ( thanks Dave ) to pay our monies we noticed they do a very nice breakfast of all or any of the following for a fiver - 2 sausages, 2 rashers, 1 egg, tomatoes, beans, hash browns, black pudding and I think the last one was mushrooms.
Anyway we drove around to the match lakes which are at the back of the complex and have their own car parks, had a wander around and a matter to several people before choosing a couple of swims just up the "spit" which juts out into the lake. None of the swims have platforms but all of them have nice bankside vegetation. Dave had opted for a top 2 approach and I had also a top 2 + 1 which is where I started, after a few tentative dips I connected to an F1 of about 2lb but could already see fish in the margins which was too tempting to miss. From then on it was pretty steady and after trying a variety of baits the best on the day proved to be paste, Dave was also catching well but mainly settled on a maggot approach. After a couple of tea breaks and a stop for a bit of lunch we probably fished for 4-5 hours and I ended up with 34 fish and lost 10 - most of these probably averaged around 2lb but a couple were around 5lb and the best was 9lb 12oz, Dave had a similar amount of fish but a slightly smaller average. It appears to be nice place with plenty of room in each swim with a nice breakfast on offer so seems like worth a try next year. :thumsup