If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Sensas River Soar Masters final

Sensas, Europe's number 1 bait company and more.

Moderator: joffmiester

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Sensas River Soar Masters final

Unread post by joffmiester »

After six qualifying rounds this competition final had become reality for 49 of the countries top river anglers Conditions haven't been great throughout the series . Yet fisheries and rivers up and down the country have been the same low and clear or windy as hell . Sitting at the draw taking the money and listerning to anglers on about the river does make you laugh you don't want this and that peg well the rule book was properly ripped up as one of the poorest areas produced the winner and 5th place . Everyone seems to knock sutton as a match venue but truth known its one of the fairest match lengths going . You rub shoulders with International anglers quality river anglers and also local anglers all competing for a place in the final . How hard is it to win a 8 peg section let me tell you its hard yet anyone of the eight anglers can win it as long as they make the right decisions . sutton holds a large number of Bream, Skimmers, Tench, Big Perch, roach ,Bleak and Gobbies so there is plenty to go at . Yesterday i walked the bank and within the 49 anglers i saw endless amounts of watercraft from whip fishing, long pole,short pole, waggler fishing ,bomb fishing feeder fishing and bleak fishing all with in 49 pegs . Credit to every angler as far as the last hour 80% of the field were still in with a chance of framing or a section . Decisions are key some will play the average game and fish for everything that swims whereas others will sit for bonus fish all match hopping one or two come along . Hemp anglers will prime up there pegs until the last hour it' simply a venue for thinking anglers .Ok this year the weights have been down but only because of the conditions i will post more later with the results as i have to o to a meeting now ;)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Re: Sensas River Soar Masters final

Fishing results
The successful series of the Sensas River Soar Masters came to end around 300 anglers took part over six matches to qualify for this final . With 49 of the best river anglers making it to the final from local rods to England Internationals all ready to battle it out and become the Sensas River Master . Conditions on the day were far from favorable with the river running slow and very clear plus bright sunshine it looked to be a draw bag job . Mark Perkins Quorn AS draw a peg that he thought had no chance of winning off a peg with no form at all. what happened over the next five hours would see Mark weigh 14 lb of fish one large Tench and six large perch graced his net and first place in the competition.
IMG_5171[1].jpg (281.38 KiB) Viewed 977 times
Mark's plan was to fish for big fish at five metres with big baits like worms and it paid off as Mark took the title and £650.00 first prize . Second place went to Ant King who has been very constant on the river this year again Antony had a bonus tench and topped it it up with a hundred plus little roach for 11lb 6oz
IMG_5104[1].jpg (2.23 MiB) Viewed 977 times
Ant took home £330.00 for his efforts . In third place young Matt Parkins managed 8lb 6oz for £210.00 ..
Results
1ST Mark Perkins Quorn AS 14lb £650.00
IMG_5166[1].jpg (2.25 MiB) Viewed 977 times
2ND Antony King Quorn AS 11lb 6oz £330.00
3RD Matt Parkins Trentmen 8lb 6oz £210.00
4TH Chris Buckingham 7lb 11oz £140.00
5TH Cameron Hughes 7lb 8oz £110.00
Section winners
1 Steve Hurst 4lb 10oz £70.00
2 Steve Hemmingrey 4lb 8oz £70.00
3 Tony Marshell 5lb 5oz £70.00
4 Steve Brookes 3lb 12oz £70.00
5 Roger Marlow 5lb 5oz £70.00
6 Brian Hawkes 3lb 10oz £70.00
7 Peter Cobbs 5lb 1oz £70,00
Thanks go out to Brian Hull Joff Woodgett for organising the competition
Loughborough Hockey Club and friends for the draw and breakfasts
finally the Kings Head at Sutton Bonnington for the refreashments and food for the results
Hopefully we will do it all again next year
Attachments
IMG_5143[1].jpg (3.8 MiB) Viewed 977 times
IMG_5132[1].jpg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 977 times
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Cam's catch shot
IMG_5174[1].jpg (124.63 KiB) Viewed 978 times
ANT KING 2ND OVERALL
IMG_5163[1].jpg (1.99 MiB) Viewed 976 times
MATTPARKINS 3RD OVERALL
IMG_5162[1].jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 976 times
CHRIS BUCKINGHAM OR BUCKO 4TH OVERALL
IMG_5159[1].jpg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 976 times
CAMERON HUGHES 5TH OVERALL
IMG_5158[1].jpg (2.11 MiB) Viewed 976 times
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Pictures are been displayed the wrong way by the forum. Joff is not drunk :rofl :rofl
Trying to fix. :tiphat
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Yes need o fix it !! :rage :rage my file is all this way up yet its correct on my phone :rage :rage :thinking :thinking is there anyone that knows the answer :rolleyes :whistle :facepalm